Suggestions for a safer Holiday season

• I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving. This might save you the cost and embarrassment of being arrested for DUI.   

As you know, people have been known to have unexpected brushes with the authorities from time to time, often on the way home after a "social session" with family or friends.   Well, a couple years ago it happened to me. I was out for the evening to a party and had more than several beers coupled with a bottle of rather nice bourbon. It was held at a great Mexican restaurant. Although relaxed, I still had the common sense to know I was slightly over the limit.

That's when I did something I've never done before...I took a taxi home.   On the way home there was a police roadblock, but since it was a taxi they waved it past and I arrived home safely without incident. These roadblocks can be anywhere and I realized how lucky I was to have chosen to take a taxi.   

The real surprise to me was I had never driven a taxi before. I don't know where I got it, and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.   If you want to borrow it, give me a call.   

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• It is so good to have you back Phil. Hope all is well with you? Hope you have a Merry Christmas and some good weather. I was out in backyard with my four legged friends in a T-shirt today 66 here.

Again good to have you back

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Thanks Boomer. Plans have changed, so it looks like I won't be making it to Kerrville this year. Might have to wait until Eureka Springs in the fall to see you again. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and enjoy some good weather for a LONG time. God knows that you guys have had your share of unsettled weather far too long

• Oh my Hell. I don't know you FITS but I know enough not to get sucked in by a story like that. Except I did. I'm going to use that you know...

And I'll pick it up tomorrow morning. The tank is full right?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• During the holidays, tempers can get the best of some people. Even me. So I had to publicly apologize to my wife for my outbreak when hanging the Christmas lights. Here's the exchange between us both

Apology Letter To Spouse –

Hi Sweetheart,

I am sorry about getting into an argument about putting up the Christmas lights. I guess that sometimes I feel like you are pushing me too hard when you want something. I realize that I was wrong and I am apologizing for being such a hard-headed guy. All I want is for you to be happy and be able to enjoy the holiday season. Nothing brightens the Christmas spirit like Christmas lights! I took the time to hang the lights for you today; and now I will be off to play some golf...
    Again, I am very sorry for the way I acted yesterday. I'll be home late.    

Her response -  

Hi Honey,

Thank you for that heart-felt apology. I don't often get an apology from you, and I truly appreciate it.
    I, too, felt bad about the argument and wanted to apologize. I realize that I can sometimes be a little pushy. I will try to respect your feelings from now on.  Thank you for taking the time to hang the Christmas lights for me. It really means a lot. In the spirit of giving, I washed your truck for you, and now I am off to the mall.

I love you too!