Slingspeed.com Products ?

• has anyone purchased either the rear end protection or the rear windshield wind deflector from Slingspeed.com? any comments on quality etc? Thanks. This is the web address http://www.lovejewelrybyjenny.com/slingspeed.html

I understand the rear protection is made of plastic similar to what is used on the slingshot rear body panels so it would be light weight but it is covered with vinyl wrap and so I wonder if it is very durable?

• Never seen the site, nor heard of the company. Based on the web address alone... I see enough red flags.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Considering everything they are selling appears to be a knockoff of someone else's product (including their logo), I would operate under Caveat Emptor.

If you are interested in a quality rear panel, you should talk to SlingLow .

Do a search for a thread on this forum called "rear end protection" to see what he has.

• I would be very careful about attaching a plate with 3m tape only at this location. Imagine the car/motorcycle behind you if it lets loose. A close look at the picture on their site shows 2 holes in the same location as mine on the red plate even though theirs does not use them. I 'm sure that is my plate and I'd bet my left nut that it was purchased from me in Sundre by a gentleman who told me he repped for a Canadian site that was looking to import into the Canadian market. My follow up communications went unanswered. Additionally, the last color listed is what they show: gloss red real aluminum diamond plate (out of stock). Imagine that.

Thanks KayTwo , by the way Glen D , mine are less $, made from .060 diamond plate and are powder coated. The gloss plates are also clear coated.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I would be very careful about attaching a plate with 3m tape only at this location. Imagine the car/motorcycle behind you if it lets loose. A close look at the picture on their site shows 2 holes in the same location as mine on the red plate even though theirs does not use them. I 'm sure that is my plate and I'd bet my left nut that it was purchased from me in Sundre by a gentleman who told me he repped for a Canadian site that was looking to import into the Canadian market. My follow up communications went unanswered. Additionally, the last color listed is what they show: gloss red real aluminum diamond plate (out of stock). Imagine that.

Thanks KayTwo , by the way Glen D , mine are less $, made from .060 diamond plate and are powder coated. The gloss plates are also clear coated.

Wow!! I had to take a close look at the pic. I thought that was my SS at first! The checker plate is one of your for sure!!! SlingLow's checker plate rear protection is the way to go!!

16 Black Pearl, passenger seat relocation brackets, garage door opener, Viper alarm with GPS, 1320 performance header and adjustable exhaust, teeth grill, hood pads, upgraded sound system, Sling Lenz V2.0, Alpha shock covers, Twist Dynamics CAI, Twist Dynamics Silicone Coolant Hoses, Twist Dynamics 9" adjustable windshield, Twist Dynamics coil cover, brake light flash modulator.... and more

• Well, they're welcome to produce and market what they want as long as it doesn't violate patent law or anything like that....and we're welcome to share *our* information amongst us as well.

Caveat Emptor, indeed.

• Well, they're welcome to produce and market what they want as long as it doesn't violate patent law or anything like that....and we're welcome to share *our* information amongst us as well.

Caveat Emptor, indeed.

Not gonna lie ..... I had to look up Caveat Emptor, as i am sure a few others had too as well.

16 Black Pearl, passenger seat relocation brackets, garage door opener, Viper alarm with GPS, 1320 performance header and adjustable exhaust, teeth grill, hood pads, upgraded sound system, Sling Lenz V2.0, Alpha shock covers, Twist Dynamics CAI, Twist Dynamics Silicone Coolant Hoses, Twist Dynamics 9" adjustable windshield, Twist Dynamics coil cover, brake light flash modulator.... and more

• Not gonna lie ..... I had to look up Caveat Emptor, as i am sure a few others had too as well.

'Buyer beware' for those who don't want to GTB (Google that Bitch).

Customer Service: (347) 7-Gold-64

It's a New York area code. It's unlikely that I'll trace the source of the pic or copier. Copyist. Person who copied.

• HMMM well they do offer a service I guess, but most of their accessories are readily available on the UTV aftermarket at better prices and the thing that concerns me is where is the actual pics of their product mounted on their Slingshot so that they can properly conduct their due diligence, high speed testing , quality and mounting concerns , etc . I know I beat the living shit out of anything I manufacture and at unreasonable speeds and sometimes to the point of destruction , (no your not going to see those pics ) lol then I make the Slingshot available to you all to tire kick the hell out of it . I may not have the big budget to Be at every big event with all the fancy booths etc. But even as a small manufacturer I do make a point of getting out there to present , when and where I can and I know SlingLow does too . Has anybody had the opportunity to look at and tirekick any of these mods in real life ?

• I'm going to rescind my earlier statement about the source. I have no evidence that the person I was thinking of is the guy. My inquiries to my Canadian Secret Agent Double O 88 indicates a higher level of integrity than I was giving credit for. Carry on!

• Not gonna lie ..... I had to look up Caveat Emptor, as i am sure a few others had too as well.

What are they teaching you Canucks up there eh? :huh: Full disclosure: My paternal grandfather was born in Victoria so I'm a bit Canadian by heritage. I have the same year and color! Based on a few things such as hood "buttons" instead of pads, I think mine is actually a 16.5.

• There windscreen is interesting... I might be a little partial ...LOL But I think I like my hand fabricated screens, yes mesh and it works. Not to mention... I have had mines on a track at 120 mph (Several times)and it did not move. Tested the screen for a year before bringing to market. I am not bashing there's but I feel confident and comfortable knowing it will last and will not come off if properly installed. Additionally with mines, you can still have a spoiler attached to the roll hoops, or bags or just about most other accessories you might have attached... like my hoop belt harnesses. Yep - some serious thought and design went into the R-Shot Windscreen. :thumbsup:

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Thanks for the info.

Its all good..... as I feel my mouse trap is better - I know others will come along. This will keep the fire in me to keep my ideas fresh and look for ways to improve the mouse trap. And I still think mesh is the cats MEOW :00008040:

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.