Leaking clutch master cylinder

• Mine is leaking and I'm out of warranty. I did the drain clean and refill routine when I first got my slingshot as suggested on this site. Have been having to add in for awhile and when I brought it to the attention of my tech he said it was out of warranty and would cost a bunch. Is it true or can it be verified the 2.4L 2006-2009 Pontiac Solstce/Saturn Sky, GM#24249817 is the correct numbers? Do they sell a rebuild kit for this master cylinder? Thanks

LC

The Polaris part # matches the GM part number you listed ....

I'ts only $125 from Polaris and they state it is a Gm part..so probably really $75 or less from a parts store ..... IMO not worth rebuilding for that price .....

It's an easy replacement so IMO you should probably remove the tech you asked from your list of reliable sources for information ..

..... wacky-squared

EDIT: Yup. first listing has it for $66.28 - https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/…-master-cylinder-24249817

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• Is it leaking inside the cab (at the pedal)? Do you see where its leaking from? Just asking as it could be as simple as an O-ring or loose clamp. Just check before spending the money.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• definately leaking from the end of the cylinder.

The tech is really good, and good to me. What he meant was that the mothership would not cover it and it would cost a bunch for me to buy it from them. His advice was to just keep it topped up as it takes three to four months for it to empty. Even if it does not work I can still get home. And everybody sells brake fluid. I will probably pick up the one listed and just replace. Thanks guys.

LC

• IIRC, I think I heard that labor is a killer for anything clutch-related since the Slingshot requires front-end removal to pull the engine & transmission for clutch work.

Its the MC on the firewall ... not the slave cylinder in the transmission bell housing.....

A decent tech would be hard pressed to charge an hour ....

...... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited 2 times, last by Orangeman ().