Maybe I am Just Paranoid

• There was recently a post on this forum from someone who goes under the name of wera689. He had logged in under someone else's username. (post has since been deleted)

For those of you who do not recognize the handle he is the admin for all of Verticalscops forums.

Take a moment to Google that name. He claims to be working for one of the vendors here. Call me crazy, call me suspicious but those are the people who took over the Dark Side. I just hope they are not snooping around here.

I haven't had a chance to speak with rabtech about this but I am sure he will chime in when he sees this post. Maybe he can shine some more light on this situation.

Like I said in the title of this thread "Maybe I am Just Paranoid" since there is definitely a pattern of them taking over and destroying perfectly good forums.

rabtech if you feel I am out of line feel free to delete this thread.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• MACAWS you would be correct. It appears he is the admin to all the forums Verticalscope has purchased. The name wera689 was in the Hahn vendor section. It appeared he was posting with Bills account. I do find that a bit strange. However, the thing that got my attention was the deletion of the 1100 post that occurred in Hahn vendor section.

Some may have noticed that Hahn is no longer in the vendor section. I had left Hahn's vendor section active even though he has not been a current vendor on the site. This was due to his section having some great info on the install process. After the mass deletion ,mentioned above, there was no more need for me to keep the section up and active. So I deactivated it last night. It's no big deal. I just thought I would explain what I did so that no-one would think the it was due to the Admin issue above. I don't have any issue with that. It just really confused me more than anything at first. Maybe they will want to come back onboard as a vendor. Hopefully they will..

• I just report it like I see it. All vendors have the ability to delete anything they want as long as its in there vendor section. I have never seen that many post deleted at one time before by anyone. However it is what it is.

One thing that I also wanted to bring up now that this mass deletion has happened. A lot of people do track their points on the forum. Well ,,,, if you made post or if you LIKED or if you did anything in one of the post that were deleted YOU LOST POINTS.

I just wanted to get that off my plate....:D

• Anyone contact Bill directly to let him know about possible fraudulent activity on his account?

Neil has posted elsewhere that he is now working for Bill .. guess his first action is to wipe out any past negative information online ,,, looks like its happening on other forums also .. he also logged in and posted under Bills account on other sites ....

...... confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Neil has posted elsewhere that he is now working for Bill .. guess his first action is to wipe out any past negative information online ,,, looks like its happening on other forums also .. he also logged in and posted under Bills account on other sites ....

Makes him pretty suspect in my book. Plus there was a lot of good information there that had nothing to do with Bill's business, was more about tech and performance. Now all gone. Seems kinda stupid to me.

• Interesting.. Personally,.,,,, I would never delete a post. I had rather leave them and just go forward.

Wera689 being the admin of Verticalscope's forums doesn't mean anything to me forum wise. Someone has to be that person. And I guess he can have more than one job. :-)

I just know that the way I was treated when I left the other forum left a really bad taste in my mouth.

The only axe I have to grind with the dark side is that I couldn't have access to edit any of my post I had made. That is just chickenshit in my opinion. I made it clear that I wouldn't delete my old post. I just wanted to make corrections to some of my old post. And I lost that ability.

Oh yea.... I do have one more axe to grind with that site... They blocked any usage of this websites web address. REALLY! That was pitiful in my view. I never blocked their address. Heck I never have blocked any address on this site. I think it has to do with the fact that I believe in the ability to say what you want. And my primary goal here is not a money making agenda. If you base something like a forum on a business level you don't get paid unless members look at advertisements. So if members leave the site they loose revenue. Its not that way here. I would love for everyone to hang out here all the time. But your free to go over and read on the dark side or any other site. I believe that the content and the relationships we all have here will keep this site growing. And so far I have been correct.

Anyway,,,, Lets move onward and forward... I hope Bill does come back as a vendor. I would like to have 20 more vendors. We need all the content and info we can get. I just hope if they do decide to come back onboard they don't delete that many post again.

• Why weren’t the posts archived....if the tech info was that good...

And doesn't this site technically own everything posted? (Content)

As he stated ....

I just report it like I see it. All vendors have the ability to delete anything they want as long as its in there vendor section. I have never seen that many post deleted at one time before by anyone. However it is what it is.

One thing that I also wanted to bring up now that this mass deletion has happened. A lot of people do track their points on the forum. Well ,,,, if you made post or if you LIKED or if you did anything in one of the post that were deleted YOU LOST POINTS.

I just wanted to get that off my plate....:D

• Let me put in my two cents worth here. First, and most relevant, is that I was laid off at Vertical Scope back at the end of August. Without going into proprietary info that I'm still not allowed to discuss, I'll just say that a decision was made to downsize their resources and that I was included in that downsizing. I had worked for them, and their predecessor, Forum Foundry, for somewhere in the neighborhood of ten years. VS left my admin tag and privileges in place entirely out of respect for the effort and time I'd put in on those sites over that time. But bottom line is that I'm no longer a paid employee of Vertical Scope, and haven't been for a few months now. I have asked them to remove my Admin tag and privileges from the other Slingshot site, and that they be replaced with the Supporting Vendor tag and access to the Hahn section there that is granted to employees of vendors. To be clear, I work for Hahn Racecraft now, not Vertical Scope. While my Admin tag will probably remain on the several dozen other VS sites I was admin for, it will NOT be so on the Slingshot forum.

That said, having found myself in need of employment, things evolved that put Bill in touch with me, and as it developed, he decided to hire me as an employee of Hahn Racecraft. Obviously, that's a good thing for ME, and I hope to prove it to be a good thing for Hahn as well. The truth is that had he not known me from that site, the connection that brought me here would probably never have been made. That it did is one of the more positive aspects of social media, and one that I certainly didn't expect, but one that I'm definitely grateful for! When Bill first reached out to me, he didn't know I had a degree in Journalism and Communications; nor that I had over 30 years experience in retail sales and department management in the powersports industry. Once those details came out, the perfection of the fit between us was immediately obvious to both of us.

In any case, I can't say I'm surprised to see the connection noted, nor that it's a source of potential conflict among the members of either or both sites. Given that no announcement was made about this, you guys had no way of knowing, and I get that. All I can say is that my loyalty is always to those that put food on my table, and make it possible for me to live. That's not Vertical Scope any longer. I'm not here as a spy or anything of the like. I'm here strictly as a representative of Hahn Racecraft. I'm not interested in, nor affected by any conflicts these two sites may or may not have with each other. I'm aware of them, and that's about it. You guys obviously are too. I'll leave it to you to decide, over time, whether what I have said here is true.

• Oh, let me address the decision to remove that thread from view while I'm at it. Bill and I discussed it before deciding to do that, and I brought up the likely fact that there would be pushback on the decision. Here's my take:

The thread still exists. In fact, it could be restored with a simple click of the mouse. But neither of us saw any reason to do so. The thread was almost entirely negative, and had devolved into merely piling on to a long-dead horse, continuing to beat it relentlessly. Also, there hadn't been a new post in it since several months ago. That thread had been allowed to stand for quite some time, allowing more piling on to occur, and for everyone to continue to read, despite all the negativity! Bill chose to leave that thread up that long precisely because he felt that much of the grousing was justified! The decision we reached to finally remove it from view was based on the fact that we're getting close to being up and running again, and because I'm here now to address these issues personally. As such, it seemed that the right time had come to remove it from view, and concentrate on restoring the shop and the business in a more positive way. No doubt some will (or have) seen that as 'censorship' or 'unnecessarily removing complaints'. But the fact that it remained there as long as it did speaks more to Bill's willingness to accept legitimate criticism than it does to his desire to censor anyone! You're certainly free to second-guess that decision, but ultimately that's all it is--second-guessing.

• Ok WERA689 I see where you are coming from.... As I said in one of my earlier post in this thread you have just as much right to work for Bill as anyone. I think it was just a bit more than MACAWS and I both could chew and swallow when I see your username and then I see 1100 post deleted. I think you will find that as an admin and site owner I am the easiest person in the world to deal with. Bill knows me and he knows I try to take care of everyone.

I tell you what...Im going to turn Hahn's vendor section back on. You can clean up that section as you and Bill see fit. Going forward I would use the delete button sparingly. You absolutely have the right and ability to delete anything in that section. However the members will see it and they will ask "why" if its not something obvious to them.

I want to be the first one to welcome you to the lighter side of the slingshot world.

I will tell you that the members on this forum have some emotions to let out with Hahn. So put your thick skin on and you should be fine. Im sure if you and Bill stay on top of things y'all will do fine... Ill send you a private message and see if there is anything you need for me to change in his section.

Again...

Welcome.

Lets move forward from here....

RABTECH

• WERA689

Ditto to what rabtech said

Welcome and best of luck moving forward.I would really like to see Bill get back on top of his game. He has a ton of Knowledge and twice as much Talent. Hopefully he is in a better location and we can see more of him on the forum at events and at the track.

Bill you have my number please reach out to me so we can catch up.

To quote something I hope you remember

"Friends are the Family You Choose" - I see that every morning when I have my coffee.

Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!