Scorpio RID-5 Module Remote Ignition Disable Help

• Has anyone installed the Scorpio RID- 5 module. Trying to determine the best place to wire in the module. The simplest is the start stop button, which will work well but has some cons as well. What are other good locations to wire in this module?

• All I know about Scorpio alarms is be sure you know where every part is hidden. When I purchased HeRSling ’s SS it had the alarm already installed. About 3 months after we got it the alarm went off in the garage in the middle of the night and would not shut off. Finally had to disconnect the battery. After over an hour searching for how to shut it off I finally found a sensor mounted on the back of the radio, disconnected it and the alarm stopped.

Last week, over a year since she got it, she pulled into the garage, shut it off, and then it started chirping. I couldn’t work on it then so I plugged in the charger and let it go all night. (Garage is well insulated :)).

Still chirping the next day. Took off the dash and after almost 3 hours I found the fuse that controlled the thing and pulled it. Needless to say, I will never install an alarm without a hidden cutoff for the system that I have installed and know where it is. :D

I have good insurance so both of them can be replaced if stolen or damaged. :thumbsup:

• Once you complete the installation...anytime you disconnect the battery or reconnect it...you better have your remote in hand for when it starts going off.....

Years ago I had a van with an alarm.....one night it was raining like crazy and the van was outside in the driveway....the alarm kept going off...don’t know if it was because of the heavy rain setting off the glass breaking feature or the shock feature...could have been rocking from the storm wind...but I had to sleep with the remote in my hand until the storm passed...to keep turning it off...

I’m sure the neighbors liked my alarm...

My SS was doing the same thing from the cover flapping in the wind.....for that reason I don’t use the alarm in my driveway....

• I have the scorpio alarm on my slingshot and have that RID-5 module installed under my tail fin in the rear above the gas tank, the wires for the fuel pump are back there and once you locate the plug then you can locate the wire to cut to install the RID-5 in between that wire.....i might have it on one of my threads not sure...