Spirit Lake Iowa to Huntville Alabama move?

• July 20, 2016 06:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time

MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE:PII) today reported second quarter net income of $71.2 million, or $1.09 per diluted share, for the quarter ended June 30, 2016 compared to $100.9 million, or $1.49 per diluted share reported in the second quarter of 2015. Sales for the second quarter of 2016 totaled $1,130.8 million, up one percent from last year’s second quarter sales of $1,124.3 million.

“Commensurate with our commitment to industry-leading innovation, we have a number of model year 2017 products that will be introduced next week at our annual dealer meeting, which include vehicles that will significantly strengthen our line-up in areas where the competition has been the most intense.”

“Our team’s diligent and methodical execution drove a modest increase in second quarter sales despite a strong year-over-year sales comparison, a weaker retail sales environment, and product recalls. Our all-out assault on costs continued to make progress during the quarter, generating earnings that finished in-line with our updated guidance. As we move into the second half of the year, and we are redoubling our commitment to providing our consumers with the safest and most reliable vehicles in the industry while building a platform to return to profitable growth,” commented Scott Wine, Polaris’ Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.

“I am proud of how our employees and dealers have dedicated themselves to working through the current difficult environment, from the recall announcements to weaker industry trends. Dealer inventories are in-line with expectations. Our new Huntsville, Alabama plant began producing RANGERS at the beginning of June and Slingshots in early July, and our growing lean capabilities are driving factory inventory reductions and increased cash flow, while our customer excellence initiatives are enhancing our capabilities to deliver world-class sales and service to our consumers,” continued Wine

• Glad somebody know where to did up this info. Thanks Ross

• I have one of the last Spirit builds. OK with that. Testing and manufacturing engineering work take place in Alabama if memory serves from the factory trip.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I couldn't remember when they started building them in Bama.

If they ever make any big changes to the SS I will get me a second one to keep mine company in the garage. But even then, I am going to let them get some of the new gremlins taken care of before I jump head first...

If you wait til they work the gremlins out...

You gonna be late to the party!

By a year...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: