2015-2016 Polaris Slingshot Recall (Taillight Wiring Problem)

• I used to get that kind of service from my original dealer, but they weren't big enough to keep the slingshot line. Now the only dealer within 3 hours is Polaris of Portland.

I'll stop in some morning when they open a try to catch a service tech. We'll see what happens.

• Cycle Country in Salem told us that they should have the seats and camera recalls completed in less than an hour..................

Bill

Well it takes less time to check the seat recall than it does to install the camera recall. Maybe 15 minutes for both. Now if they have to replace the seat rail that was not welded it might take all week at some dealers. Really, it might take an hour!

• Well, my employer and I have agreed that starting May 1 my work week will only be Monday through Thursdays. This means I will soon have all day on Fridays to deal with things like this. So as soon as we get to May I think I will give my dealer a call and see if we can schedule a Friday when I can have this taken care with me waiting

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Well, my employer and I have agreed that starting May 1 my work week will only be Monday through Thursdays. This means I will soon have all day on Fridays to deal with things like this. So as soon as we get to May I think I will give my dealer a call and see if we can schedule a Friday when I can have this taken care with me waiting

Yep, same schedule here so I am hoping for a four hour plus ride to get to the dealer, an hour in the shop, an hour for lunch, and then four or more hours riding home, (as soon as we get a dry day?)

Bill

• Guess I am lucky to have a Awesome dealer, they let me do a walk in. The work was done in 10 min. Thank you T&T Power Sports

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• That's good to know! There's some good back roads between here and Salem. I'll give them a holler next week.

After going back over this thread I feel maybe a little qualification may be in order. We purchased our SlingShot in Eugene, who proved to be a superb dealer, and we have had all of our repairs done there to date. Unfortunately they quit supporting the SlingShot where the next closest dealer is now in Salem, but we have no actual experience with their services, just their assurances over the phone. It would be comforting to hear from somebody who has actually dealt with Cycle Country?

Bill

• Knowing that me dealer always wants you to drop off your vehicle.....

I’m not making an appointment......I’m just going to show up with my letter....wait until they check it...and then I’m going on my way....

If they want it checked so bad they can do it on my terms...no need for me to leave it..

As a side note....last year when my SS needed inspected....I made an appointment at a motorcycle shop...not my dealer.....

I want a set time and I’ll wait until you complete the desired job....I have too much invested in mods and add ones to leave it unattended where something might disappear...

If it’s a major job then I don’t have a choice...but an inspection takes an hour....and this recall takes 5 minutes.

You could be screwing yourself by making an appointment....if you dealer is like mine.

• I had my camera replaced today. I pulled in front and told them about my recall notice. They said it will take 15 minutes and drove it to the shop. I think they just changed it on account because I never saw anyone testing it.

That said I took a picture of this shop notice for the nonbelievers.

• I had my camera replaced today. I pulled in front and told them about my recall notice. They said it will take 15 minutes and drove it to the shop. I think they just changed it on account because I never saw anyone testing it.

That said I took a picture of this shop notice for the nonbelievers.

Honestly, Bigdog, the shop does you good service and all you can do is still bitch about them?

(Sorry folks, guess it hasn't been a very good day around here! )

Bill

• First of all the sign......after the shop manager told me they can’t leave anything outside because the neighbors want to steal shit....doesn’t make me feel happy. He actually remembered my name and I haven’t been there since last year...

Second, leaving any vehicle 30-40 miles away from home requires a ride from somebody which puts me in an awkward position and having to cough up gas money. Because you need a ride both ways twice....up and back and up and back. Over a hundred miles.

Third, I was test driving a mini ford bronco at 50 miles an hour when the hood came up totally blocking my vision. On a busy 2 lane road with no place to pull over.....if you’ve never experienced it....I don’t wish it on anyone....so to me it’s a big deal. I could have easily crashed head on into another vehicle. Closing the hood properly is essential to keep me or anyone from getting killed. I’m starting to think they aren’t selling many Slingshots.....more quads because they are in the sticks...

I’m guessing the mechanic doesn’t own a SS and isn’t aware of the proper hood closing procedure and checks to make sure the 4 latches are locked.

Forth, the shop manager wasn’t doing me a favor he was doing the job he was hired to do. It’s called good customer service. I didn’t make an appointment because I didn’t want to have to drop it off for a 15 minute job. Tops.....Which should not hurt their schedule. They waste more time smoking or texting...taking care of a recall item quickly is required by every dealer.

Their “drop off” policy is what keeps me from taking it to them for safety inspections....the drop off policy is probably costing them money from many customers. I can go to many other inspection stations and wait while they do it. In the appointed time slot. They take about an hour....I used to inspect vehicles. seriously, I wouldn’t expect anyone to make a drop off appointment for a 15 minute job. We did have many customers stop in without appointments to get inspections....sometimes they had to wait an hour or more....but that’s the chance you take.....I actually had to wait 15 minutes because the mechanic was at lunch....chance I took to avoid an appointment. I could have had to come back on a different day. I spent that time standing in the sun getting warm for the ride back home.

That said I’ve had to drop my SS off for major recall work and to have them figure out what the problem was....and wait for replacement parts to cone from Polaris. I think part of the reason for their drop off policy is to get parts replacement approvals from Polaris. I get that.

• That sure was a lot of words to say, "I assumed..."

You handed your keys to someone who took it out of sight and when you got them back, you drove off.

A walk around inspection before riding could have saved you a lot of words.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I could see the backend through the reception area window, While they changed the camera. They opened the hood to put the recall sticker on the frame.....The shop manager drove it into the bay and he brought it back out front.

Of everyone in this world, I would expect the mechanic/s to know how to shut the hood and make sure it latched. My guess is he probably closed it gently, because of they way it latched or failed to latch..

Gently closing my hood doesn’t work....it needs a firm two hand slam.... and then I check the latches by pushing down on the corners...

So the lesson here is.....never trust the mechanic....that said I should have checked every nut and bolt on all the parts they’ve changed since day one.

• Today after I changed my oil I pulled the backup camera out and unplugged it then put it back - frankly I dont really use the backup camera and I am in no hurry to go out of my way to get the recall done so by unplugging it I shouldnt have to worry about it over heating or causing a fire between now and whenever I do get around to the recall

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Today after I changed my oil I pulled the backup camera out and unplugged it then put it back - frankly I dont really use the backup camera and I am in no hurry to go out of my way to get the recall done so by unplugging it I shouldnt have to worry about it over heating or causing a fire between now and whenever I do get around to the recall

Yup, that is what we did, if it wasn't for the knock sensor going south the camera and seat recalls still would not be completed......................

Bill