2015-2016 Polaris Slingshot Recall (Taillight Wiring Problem)

• My SS can stripped down....the dealer upgraded it to the SL model....I’m wondering how the factory knows they upgraded mine...think the dealers have to let the factory know about any upgrades they Make? For recall purposes.....???

It is covered, mine also was upgraded by the dealer and they change mine no charge.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• got a second notice on this in the mail yesterday - - I guess I should probably call the dealer and set something up.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I just called to make an appointment for the backup camera. Service said they had them in stock but I would need to leave my slingshot for a couple days. I told them it was a 30 second swap and I wanted to have it done while I wait. They said they'll need it for a couple days because there may be something else wrong. What a crock!

• I just called to make an appointment for the backup camera. Service said they had them in stock but I would need to leave my slingshot for a couple days. I told them it was a 30 second swap and I wanted to have it done while I wait. They said they'll need it for a couple days because there may be something else wrong. What a crock!

The head of the service department Did mine in the parking lot in about 5 minutes

It's a barbed wire fence and it just ain't your day...

Recall notice says approximately 30 minutes to replace and I suspect that is what Polaris will pay labour costs.

What the consumer recall notice does not say is other service/tech items that is attached to dealer notices.

You could approach the dealer from that angle. You authorize the replacement of the backup camera and if he has any other requirements, he will have to come forward with those requirements and time involved. If you have no issues of your own, you give no authorization to make unknown repairs, adjustments, and services to your machine.

But, he may still bend you over that barbed wire fence and let the sun bake your rosy red.:/

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Nothing else to check, It takes about 5 minutes to change. If there had been something else to check the my service guy would have told me.

Which dealer?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

When the weather breaks I’ll be taking mine to the dealer to have them look at it......not leaving it which they always tell me I need to do......

Your first mistake was making the appointment .... take your letter and tell them to explain it to Polaris....

• So far I have received three notices for the camera recall. Got it scheduled for Wednesday down at Crockett in Chattanooga. Will do the seat belt and seat rail recalls at the same time. Will also have them adjust the headlights and do an oil change. They say that they can do it in a day while I wait. Or they will give me a loaner to explore the town.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

You need a new dealer. I had all but given up on the dealerships as I couldn't find one anywhere even remotely close. There are only two within just over 1 hour drive one way from me. That all changed last Saturday. ThomSS and I were out and we stopped by the dealer he bought his from. It's just over 2 hours from me. But we were both able to get the seat welds checked in the parking lot, in about 5 minutes if that. The people there were friendly, and showed customer service and interest in wanting to be as helpful as they could be. Also, it's owners are in there working alongside the help.... actual hands on type of thing. It's a bit of a drive, but I'm convinced I now have a dealer I can count on if I need one.

https://www.clintoncountymotorsports.com/