2015-2016 Polaris Slingshot Recall (Taillight Wiring Problem)

• Correct Edward Neal. It is not the connector.

so, in theory if one just wanted to avoid going to the dealer you could just order the $115 camera and swap it out yourself?

114 without the mount is a bit much, but for some who are a long way from the dealer or those who have dealers they dont like it might be something to consider - - after all time is money and if you have to waste a day __________

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• so, in theory if one just wanted to avoid going to the dealer you could just order the $115 camera and swap it out yourself?

114 without the mount is a bit much, but for some who are a long way from the dealer or those who have dealers they dont like it might be something to consider - - after all time is money and if you have to waste a day __________

You read our mind where we were just going to purchase a camera and change it out ourselves, then I looked up the cost! 8|8|8|=O8|=O8|

We just disconnected our camera until such time we get into the vicinity of a dealer.....................

Bill

• The dealer needs to do it if you want the recall noted as being completed in the vehicles record, but if your only interest is to assure your SlingShot is safe, and you are willing to pay for the replacement, there is nothing stopping you from changing it yourself.

Bill

you can always do it yourself now to make it safe and then just let the dealer inspect it next time you have something done. if you dont mind spending the money this would make it easier and still have it on the record

• Camera is $12.35 plus shipping and tax on Partsshark.

Check again - I think you picked the wrong part

I Just checked and they show the Camera as $89.69 camera only, $105 for camera with mount, & $12.35 for just the mount

• You are correct Edward Neal. I clicked on the wrong part. Dealer is supposed to have the camera for my wife’s Sling here tomorrow so I plan to switch it out then. Free.

At this point I am still not sure what I am going to do. Havent received the letter yet, but it does show up when I use my VIN on the polaris site. Going to the dealer is such a pain and even if they do it and let me wait it wipes out an entire day that could be spent riding - - at $90 it might just be easier to order the dang camera and swap it myself

On the other hand - it has worked just fine for close to 20,000 miles so I might just leave it until something else makes me go to the dealer,

• I replaced mine with a $20 camera from amazon. It’s a better clarity camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did it fit right in? and do you have a link

• I replaced mine with a $20 camera from amazon. It’s a better clarity camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

going to give this a bump I hope no one minds, but I still want to know :)

WingShot Can you give us a link to the camera you bought? also did it fit right in or did you need to make any mods to get it to work

• I received my recall notice on the camera today

mine was in the mailbox today 1/10

• Got my backup camera recall notice yesterday. Great news! For me at least -- solves two problems in one fell swoop. Flatbed it to the dealer (AAA Platinum, 50 miles free) and have them examine the camera while they fix my electrical problems. Should be able to drive it home with pride! (Nearest dealer is in San Jose, 30 miles one way -- Spirit Motorcycles, the same place that inadvertently smashed one of their client's Slings not long ago. Wish me better luck!

• I just envy that 30 miles!

Bill

Our closest dealer is 24 miles, but the dealer where I bought my slingshot is 49 miles - - The service department at my dealer is certified at the gold so I have driven the extra distance in the past. The closed dealer is only certified bronze, but for this recall I might go there

Frankly If I can just replace the camera myself for $20 like WingShot said he did in his post above I might just do that - It would be worth it to not have to waste a day