2015-2016 Polaris Slingshot Recall (Taillight Wiring Problem)

• We were contacted that our SlingShot became subject to this recall but thanks to dangerdarrell we now know that we do not have the "bad" camera. Another thing that he pointed out is that it appears that the dealers are not keeping any replacement cameras in stock. We would have been surely upset after taking a day or two to get to the dealer, to have them inspect it and then be told to return at a later date to get the replacement installed!! :cursing:

Bill

• TxTiger Usually the guys on the Forum are ahead of folks at Polaris. My dealer is super and that staff is usually ahead of Polaris.

You just described our dealer whom we originally purchased our SlingShot from, I have no doubt that if we had called them about this recall that they would have described what to look for before taking it in.

We sure do miss em! ;(

Bill

• You just described our dealer whom we originally purchased our SlingShot from, I have no doubt that if we had called them about this recall that they would have described what to look for before taking it in.

We sure do miss em! ;(

Bill

Nielsen's in Lake Villa, IL is just SUPER....makes the 125 miles OK just to change the oil... No way do that for one of the cars or SUVs...

• Yeah wjfyfe, it’s not the actual connector but it is the part that is bad. This is between the camera and the actual connection. It shows this on Polaris’ site at the dealer. It’s what the techs need to look for when they pop out the camera. This avoids pulling the camera all the way out to check numbers. If this is cylindrical (I believe it’s a resistor) the camera needs to be replaced. I would imagine it could interfere with the radio on older models since the antenna is also under the shark fin.

• Yeah wjfyfe, it’s not the actual connector but it is the part that is bad. This is between the camera and the actual connection. It shows this on Polaris’ site at the dealer. It’s what the techs need to look for when they pop out the camera. This avoids pulling the camera all the way out to check numbers. If this is cylindrical (I believe it’s a resistor) the camera needs to be replaced. I would imagine it could interfere with the radio on older models since the antenna is also under the shark fin.

DRAT & CURSES, back to having to go to the dealer! ;(

Now, does anybody have a picture of the "good" part?

Bill

• Don’t have the good one yet. Supposed to be in next week. But the cylindrical part is rectangular, almost square, on the good one. Basically the one that looks best is the bad one. Oh well, at least you won’t be able to see it.

BTW wjfyfe, check with your dealer and see if they will just order you one that you can switch out. Mine did.

• ...........................check with your dealer and see if they will just order you one that you can switch out. Mine did.

Well, we still need to get the recall on the seats acomplished so still need to go to the dealer some time.

Oh, and I am still obliged to ya dangerdarrell for getting this information to us! :thumbsup:

Added note, I just checked the cost of the camera, $125, 8| WHOA! 8|

Added added note: I went ahead and disconnected the camera "just to be safe."

Bill

• I have the oval resistor between the rectangular plug and the camera also. Guess I didn't luck out. Good thing you ask to see a picture of the bad one Bill.

I really do not like to put down Polaris, but this uncertainty surrounding this recall could all be so simply avoided if only Polaris would have been more open when asked specifically what to look for, what harm could come from sharing this information? :(

Bill

• Looking At the pictures.....if you have the wrong plug...it’s wrong on both ends so do they neeed to rewire the connector end into the wiring harness?

from reading this thread the plug is not the problem and the plug is not different - if I am correct it is the inline thing between the plug and the camera that is what we are looking at - if it is round it is the older bad one and if it is rectangular then it is the new good one - - I think the white plug is the same either way

please correct me if I am wrong

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• also as a side note - I still have not received any notice from Polaris

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies