Slingshot Transmission Fluid (Gearbox, not rear end)

• Probably a strange question, but does anyone know what color/consistency is of the stock transmission fluid for the Slingshot? I am having some spots of an "orangish" fluid down below the coolant tank and about a foot to the rear.

I can't find any signs of a coolant leak, and the level is not dropping, although the coolant I have is orange. The drops seem to be a little thicker than coolant as well, but not by much. There are a couple of spots on the transmission bell housing, but no area that looks like a leak itself.

Any ideas appreciated. It's hard to get a great view as I do not have a lift. Thanks

• My bet is the bottom hose on the coolent overflow tank. If you have the stock plastic tank, it could be leaking also. If you get the new tank (available from Slingmods and I recommend you do if you haven't done that yet), get the less expensive one of the DDMWorks tanks. You can change the cap to something nicer if you want to, but even Dave said it was the better of the two tanks offered.

• Guys, appreciate the feedback. I do have a DDM tank, and tightened the lower hose yesterday. I put on silicone hoses, and have had a coupkle of clamps leak until tightened more than I would normally for a rubber hose. Probably have one on loose end...but will recheck the tank.

• I didn't know you had the tank already switched. That would be the go to place to look if you had not. I still think your leak is antifreeze and it's in that area. Good luck.

Oh, and your question on the transmission lube, it's like a medium to dark cup of tea in color.