What would you guys do?

• I have been involved with the aftermarket accessories business for a very long time. I know the vendors may sound like the bad guys but i can tell you there are reasons for RGA's. Companies don't always want to make it difficult but There are far more bad apples out there than you think that screw it up for the rest of us. Just want to put the other side of the stories out there. This is not related to the topic of the thread. It's just a response to Bigdog . Nothing bad towards him either. I just have a different perspective on this stuff than others. Believe me when I say a lot of venders and manufactures do take bigger hits than you think.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Unless you have or had a business, You won't be so quick to blame the business....And the saying the customer is always right is wrong, The customer is only right when they are right..

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• I swear...sometimes I think I am the only one that doesn't seem to have issues with Twist and SlingshotOnly. I have had nothing but great interactions after the only issue I had about 2 years ago. Since then Scott and his entire team at both companies have been nothing but courteous, helpful, and taken care of me and all those I have referred to them. I have had way more issues with Amazon. lol

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Not every business is out to screw you....but...

I’ve purchased items from companies and received defective stuff other people already returned.

I’m sure there are people seeing how many fast ones they can pull on businesses.

There have been many dirty laundry stories on this forum about venders. Good Customer service speaks volumes ... bad customer service kills your business.....especially today with social media and instant communication.

Something else to consider about mail order.....delivery companies do not care about your package...I see it every time I order something....which is quite often. Smashed boxes are normal. The chances of getting something that has been damaged is high. Then it needs returned. It’s not the businesses fault but what’s the consumer to do?

Businesses need to demand better service from delivery companies...

• Businesses need to demand better service from delivery companies...

Or vendors could take better care of their product and customer by properly packing their goods for shipment because ...

delivery companies do not care about your package

Which I am sure they are aware since you ....

see it every time I order

I am often amazed that some products even make it to my door since so many vendors take so little care packing for shipment. The way I see it is if they care so little for their product then why should I care about ordering from them again ....

..... bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I swear...sometimes I think I am the only one that doesn't seem to have issues with Twist and SlingshotOnly. I have had nothing but great interactions after the only issue I had about 2 years ago. Since then Scott and his entire team at both companies have been nothing but courteous, helpful, and taken care of me and all those I have referred to them. I have had way more issues with Amazon. lol

As long as your willing to hand over the dough to them I'm sure you won't have any problems with them. They were trying do get me into a forced buy. Not something an honest business would do.

• I watched the UPS driver throw the box containing my brand new $1500 laptop and other items on the floor of the truck....he was somewhere in the back....at least he smiled when he handed it to me...

Over 90% of the shipping boxes I get delivered have visible damage...

The word FRAGILE or GLASS means nothing to these delivery persons.

• I watched the UPS driver throw the box containing my brand new $1500 laptop and other items on the floor of the truck....he was somewhere in the back....at least he smiled when he handed it to me...

Over 90% of the shipping boxes I get delivered have visible damage...

The word FRAGILE or GLASS means nothing to these delivery persons.

I talked to some UPS guys and they say they get treated like crap at work. Corporations have this attitude that if you treat your workers like crap they will get more work out of them. But then some corporation are run by pieces of shit. The Media classifies many CEO's as Psychopath's. They will kill if there's a chance to increase their profit's. Happens fairly often in the oil and gas industry. Kill off 15 of your workers one day and the next week take your kid to Europe and teach him how to bet on the horses.

• I guess I have a different opinion. I have shipped numerous packages in the last year and only one has suffered damage at the hands of UPS while a handful have been damaged by the post office. In general, the private carriers have a stronger incentive to successfully deliver packages as they are 'for profit' businesses. I worked at UPS back in my college days and there was a strong message from management to do things quickly and properly to get each parcel to its destination. Treated like crap? That's a matter of perspective I guess. They drive their employees hard but I would point to the fact that the employees keep coming back to work each day to counter that point. They also pay well and that creates an expectation for performance. I did tell the number 2 man in the Portland, OR hub to take a flying fuck at a rolling donut one day for putting a mark in my file for a misload when there was nothing in there about the 660,000 packages that I calculated I had loaded properly. However, I was close to graduation and did not plan to continue there like many college graduates who could not earn a better wage elsewhere.

Honestly, if 90% of packages arrived damaged. wouldn't an intelligent man or woman discontinue ordering delivered goods? And wouldn't a conscientious business discontinue shipping through them? That sounds like a fake statistic to me. I can't remember the last time I received freight damaged goods.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• As long as your willing to hand over the dough to them I'm sure you won't have any problems with them. They were trying do get me into a forced buy. Not something an honest business would do.

I had an issue with a top...obviously not a cheap item. They took care of me. Not only did they give me back the money, they said if I wanted to order through them again, they would deliver a new top to me at Slingshots in the Rockies...which was 3 weeks out. And they offered me a substantial discount on the Gullwing vs the Canvas top. I would say they went far above and beyond what they had to make sure that I was taken care of.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I had an issue with a top...obviously not a cheap item. They took care of me. Not only did they give me back the money, they said if I wanted to order through them again, they would deliver a new top to me at Slingshots in the Rockies...which was 3 weeks out. And they offered me a substantial discount on the Gullwing vs the Canvas top. I would say they went far above and beyond what they had to make sure that I was taken care of.

Got me by the ass on that one... Maybe I was dealing with the butthole of the bunch.

• I guess I have a different opinion. I have shipped numerous packages in the last year and only one has suffered damage at the hands of UPS while a handful have been damaged by the post office. In general, the private carriers have a stronger incentive to successfully deliver packages as they are 'for profit' businesses. I worked at UPS back in my college days and there was a strong message from management to do things quickly and properly to get each parcel to its destination. Treated like crap? That's a matter of perspective I guess. They drive their employees hard but I would point to the fact that the employees keep coming back to work each day to counter that point. They also pay well and that creates an expectation for performance. I did tell the number 2 man in the Portland, OR hub to take a flying fuck at a rolling donut one day for putting a mark in my file for a misload when there was nothing in there about the 660,000 packages that I calculated I had loaded properly. However, I was close to graduation and did not plan to continue there like many college graduates who could not earn a better wage elsewhere.

Honestly, if 90% of packages arrived damaged. wouldn't an intelligent man or woman discontinue ordering delivered goods? And wouldn't a conscientious business discontinue shipping through them? That sounds like a fake statistic to me. I can't remember the last time I received freight damaged goods.

I will only add that packaging is very expensive. Most would be really surprised at how much boxes, packing material, labels and even just tape cost. In a cost driven consumer environment it is a very fine balancing act to supply properly packed shipments without driving the cost up greatly by packaging cost. I have to do this with my products. Not gonna tell you what (250) 57"x27"x6" double wall top boxes cost me that I picked up yesterday. Just know that it's easy to complain when you haven't been on the other side of the fence. It's good to have a dual perspective as well as an open mind.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I’ve taken lots of damaged package pictures before I open them. And I’ve also excepted slight damage to items considering myself lucky to not be more damaged.

Maybe damage is to be expected when free shipping is offered because of the high cost of packaging materials. But slamming and throwing my packages isn’t an exceptable thing either.

Almost every seller wants feedback about their customers reaction to their items and many want to know about the packaging. If you receive a package with heavy damage but the item is safe, do you put in your review that the package was heavily damaged?

So what happens if you constantly complain about the way your packages are damaged, will the delivery companies refuse to deliver to your address?