SSO email advertising the Pedal Max

• I'm interested in this one as well.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I'm somewhat interested also. Just wondering what it really does and if the value for the outlay is worth it. I looked into getting a Camaro a few years ago, and have many friends that have both the RS and SS models. They use a Throttle "Pot Adjuster" is what they refer to it as. All it does is make the throttle quicker to react. It is adjustable, can have the throttle to the point where 1/4" movement might be up to 1/2 of the throttle. Makes it feel like the car leaps, but really is doing nothing more than it would if you stabbed the pedal harder. $300 is quite a bit if all it is doing is keeping my toe from going down farther.... and since this only plugs into the throttle control I'm wondering if it isn't something similar. It's not like it's changing the amount of fuel, the air/fuel ratio, the timing. Those are all run by other things in the system. I could see it possibly helping rev hang, but the other claims I'm not so sure about.

• I'm somewhat interested also. Just wondering what it really does and if the value for the outlay is worth it. I looked into getting a Camaro a few years ago, and have many friends that have both the RS and SS models. They use a Throttle "Pot Adjuster" is what they refer to it as. All it does is make the throttle quicker to react. It is adjustable, can have the throttle to the point where 1/4" movement might be up to 1/2 of the throttle. Makes it feel like the car leaps, but really is doing nothing more than it would if you stabbed the pedal harder. $300 is quite a bit if all it is doing is keeping my toe from going down farther.... and since this only plugs into the throttle control I'm wondering if it isn't something similar. It's not like it's changing the amount of fuel, the air/fuel ratio, the timing. Those are all run by other things in the system. I could see it possibly helping rev hang, but the other claims I'm not so sure about.

Yep....that is what I was wondering as well. I've seen products just as you described, where you could change the percent of throttle angle vs pedal input for about half of what this product is priced at. This was talked about some years ago in a Subaru STi forum thread. Pretty much the same as you're Camaro reference.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Pretty sure the advert is over stating the capabilities... Much like the same gadget for most fly by wire cars and trucks.

But interested in the feedback from you all. Especially those with turbos. Wanting to validate their claims it improves spool up or reduces lag. :D

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I questioned if a performance chip was available last year....looks like my chip came true.

How do you cancel or delete a post...don’t see cancel button.

It appears after the fact but not before..I accidentally open a post now I can’t get rid of it...

• This is what it looks like if you don’t type anything and save/post it....no extra buttons or a way to get the edit drop down..

You can see it if you’ve already posted something.... Abe want to edit but not without posting..

And I thought I was typing in the box that was already opened but this box is a new one and the previous one I opened is still there haunting me...

• I know my SS acted better from just adding the CAI and new exhaust....wonder how much more if any the chip will make?

It's not a "chip" .... does nothing to the tune, just changes how the throttle body tip in reacts to the gas peddle .... pushing the pedal further or faster is free .....

.... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I'd like something to make the motor drop to idle faster. Not $300 tho.......

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• This product is not new. Check it out on Amazon and read the reviews then let your foot do it for free.

Absolutely, this device just intercepts the signal going to the ECM from the throttle pedal and changes the reading that the ECM is seeing. It does not add any power as it has no way to do that on the Slingshot. All it does is tell the ECM that you are requesting 100% throttle when you have your foot at the 50% pedal position, or whatever you "dial" in with the adjuster. There is a similar device sold for years called the Sprintbooster and several other generic devices out there also that do the same thing.

Hope that helps,

Dave

• This product looks similar to the "Pedal Commander" out of Newbury Park, CA. I contacted them a few months ago but they do not have one for the Polaris Slingshot. They had one for my Jeep (JK) Wrangler and listed for $349.99

This Pedal Max looks tempting. 8)