Slippery conditions

• Girlfriend wrecked her car into another car yesterday....she’s ok just shaken....recently (month and a half) they tarred and chipped this road....and this year in PA they started something different on them....now they put black tarry stuff on top of the chips too.....they never did that before ...just put down tar then chips and called it done...well now the tar on top looks shiny and as it turns out it’s very slippery when it gets wet..

There was another wreck right behind her...they put on the brakes but couldn’t stop....and when I turned to go up that road my pickup did a little sliding....

So a word of caution if your on a road like this.

As a side note my back tire is down to the wear bars and on my last few rides it was breaking loose frequently....I'll be putting on my new tire before I ride again...

The last time she wrecked a car in similar conditions ...she suffered a traumatic brain injury, was given last rites and spent two years in a rehab hospital learning how to do everything, including how to swallow food.