I'm not a Harley guy but I would consider this (livewire)

• Harley really needs a product that can bring younger buyers into the market. It's fitting that one of the oldest should be trying the newest direction. Wish them luck. I would consider this bike. It just has the correct look.

Close look at the new Harley-Davidson LiveWire electric motorcycle - Electrek

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Though not electric, Polaris is attempting to pursue those same buyers, with this newly launched Indian 2019 FTR 1200. I think there are some similarities in styling to Harleys Live Wire , I guess they all feel this is the type of styling that will appeal to the younger buyers. I,m thinking you're correct @Ruptured Duck

From their launch info;

What’s New: The FTR 1200 and FTR 1200 S are all-new for 2019. These are very significant motorcycles because they represent the first ones in Indian’s modern history that aren't cruisers. These could be considered standard bikes, naked bikes, or roadsters, offering up a neutral yet sporty riding position instead of the laid-back ergonomics found in the company's other offerings.These bikes have an all-new frame and engine unique to the FTR 1200 lineup. Indian is making it sound like this new modular platform and engine will be the basis of more new motorcycles in the future. Since pretty much every component of these bikes is brand new, there’s a lot to unpack here.
    The engine is a liquid-cooled 1203cc V-twin that kicks out very respectable performance numbers of 120 horsepower and 85 pound-feet of torque. It’s linked to a six-speed manual transmission with a power-assisted slipper clutch. By comparison, the 1130cc V-twin that powers the Scout makes 100 hp and 72 lb-ft of twist. That means the FTR is positioned above the Scout line and below the bigger Chief in Indian’s lineup, and it's reflected in prices of $12,999 for the FTR 1200 and $14,999 for the FTR 1200 S.

• Jay summed it up pretty well.....who wants to drive someplace and then wait around while it recharges so you can get back home...

This is going to keep electric cars and bike sales low....I don’t see them taking over gasoline vehicle sales for years...if ever....unless gasoline disappears from the earth.

I would only consider one if it was cheap...and I never wanted go anywhere in it....except around the block....

• @Bigdog battery technology is growing in leaps and bounds , lithium Ion has been the rage but now it is soon to be outdone by solid state and a MASSACHUSSETS FIRM IS LEADING THE WAY !

"Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi launched Alliance Ventures, a new corporate venture capital fund that plans to invest up to $1 billion to support open innovation over the next five years. In its first year, the fund expects to invest up to $200 million in start-ups and open innovation partnerships with technology entrepreneurs focused on new mobility, including vehicle electrification, autonomous systems, connectivity and artificial intelligence.
    The first deal by Alliance Ventures will be a strategic investment in Ionic Materials, a US-based company developing solid-state cobalt-free battery materials. The equity acquisition coincides with the execution of a joint-development agreement with the Alliance for the purpose of R&D cooperation.

Ionic, based in Massachusetts, is the developer of a pioneering solid polymer electrolyte that enables improved performance and cost effectiveness of high-energy density batteries for automotive and multiple other applications. "