2018 Christmas Assistance Opportunity

• I want to thank everyone who donated to Harvey's friend, Ed. I will be sending Harvey $700 tomorrow to help with the funeral costs, so thank you again to all who contributed. :love:

With that said, do we want to re-open nominations for a family or individual in need? Anyone know anyone?

• Heather do you know a 'military' family out your way that could use just a little help with Christmas....

EjFord , I wish that I could say yes, but as the commanding officer of the Navy contingent in a non-military town, if I were to volunteer any of my Sailors as needing help over the others, it could be construed as favoritism and would not be looked upon favorably for an Ethics review. The only reason I was able to do so last year was because there was already an effort going on for this Sailor who needed help with his children, and he was about to no longer be one of my Sailors, as he was moving. I also don't know any of the other branches around here, so I can't say if there are any other families who might need help over the others.

• EjFord , I wish that I could say yes, but as the commanding officer of the Navy contingent in a non-military town, if I were to volunteer any of my Sailors as needing help over the others, it could be construed as favoritism and would not be looked upon favorably for an Ethics review. The only reason I was able to do so last year was because there was already an effort going on for this Sailor who needed help with his children, and he was about to no longer be one of my Sailors, as he was moving. I also don't know any of the other branches around here, so I can't say if there are any other families who might need help over the others.

I do understand and do not want to put you in any difficult position. Just hope we can do a little to help a deserving family. (military families are deserving).

• Harvey and I cannot express how much we appreciate the support you have all given to us during the loss of Ed, Harvey's Godfather. We would especially like to thank Heather and Jared for arranging for The Christmas Assistance in the first place. We were truly touched that you felt that Ed deserved the Slingshot Family's assistance. And when he unexpectedly passed away you were all so gracious to offer to help us pay for his funeral and final expenses with the money. Ed would have been so honored and would have felt so blessed by your generosity. Ed spent his entire life helping everyone he came in touch with. It was so wonderful that you all honored him with such warm loving generous thoughts. We would like to thank Heather and Jared for the beautiful funeral flowers that they sent. And the fact that you included orange roses did not escape our notice!! Also thanks to Larry & Rhonda Thomas and Brent and Sharon Abshear for the beautiful momento stone. We appreciate all of your generous donations. And we really cannot express how much we love the entire Slingshot Family. Your kind words, prayers and support have helped us through this trying time. I know Ed is smiling down on us and appreciates you all.