Boost gauge

• I'm running the AEM Failsafe Gauge. It monitors boost and AFR on the same screen. Being that space is very limited it's nice to have one gauge that does both. It also data logs for up to 3hrs and you can program it to cut timing and boost if it goes too lean. Pretty easy install and the USB cable for programming can be run right into your glove box easily. We sell them here AEM Wideband Failsafe Gauge – ZZPerformance The failsafe is the top left gauge. I have it right behind the windshield to help protect from elements and it is in my direct peripheral field of vision and easy to monitor without having to take my eyes off the road. The SS is not running in this pic which is why AFR is reading 15.5. If you want a good digital boost gauge I would highly recommend this AEM unit if the failsafe is not for you. Any questions, feel free to message me here or email me at Kyle@zzperformance.comAEM Boost Gauges – ZZPerformance

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• From reading TDS and here, it appears most boosted owners use the AEM gauges. I have an Innovate SCG-1 AFR/Boost, but it appears to be hard to get its control functions working with the Slingshot, so I've just been using tit as a gauge. Just because of space requirements, I refer the dual-function gauges.

• I'm running the AEM Failsafe Gauge. It monitors boost and AFR on the same screen. Being that space is very limited it's nice to have one gauge that does both. It also data logs for up to 3hrs and you can program it to cut timing and boost if it goes too lean. Pretty easy install and the USB cable for programming can be run right into your glove box easily. We sell them here AEM Wideband Failsafe Gauge – ZZPerformance The failsafe is the top left gauge. I have it right behind the windshield to help protect from elements and it is in my direct peripheral field of vision and easy to monitor without having to take my eyes off the road. The SS is not running in this pic which is why AFR is reading 15.5. If you want a good digital boost gauge I would highly recommend this AEM unit if the failsafe is not for you. Any questions, feel free to message me here or email me at Kyle@zzperformance.comAEM Boost Gauges – ZZPerformance

And in case nobody else noticed, that's a Nascar Styled Windshield from WW.ALLTHINGSSLINGSHOT.COM. Before Ocala's I/2 mile event was cancelled Kyle and his team at ZZP spent a lot of time modifying and preparing for a new world record , Klye likes to set records first , then promote his latest ZZP modifications, so we,re going to have to wait until Spring now to see the latest results. But I can tell you, they,ve left no stone unturned, including aerodynamics !

• @BARTMAN Im running the A.E.M. failsafe as well , with my new turbo, it just has so many options , including data logging and different screen configurations . While some guys like to select boost for the center screen digital display , I,m with you, I want to have it display AIR / FUEL ratio there with boost in the rotary position on the outside scale. Oh and I love your location , it almost looks O.E.M.

• I keep my Innovate SCG-1 displaying AFR in the larger center display with Boost shown in the smaller top display. I like to be able to scroll thru the displays to check peak boost after heavy acceleration. The SCG-1 s more than I needed, but I didn't realize the AEM combo gauge also included a data collection capability, which required a separate device form Innovate.
    Has anyone seen a waterproof gauge holder? Most of the gauges I've seen are not waterproof, so I'd like to find a waterproof cover/container/gauge holder...

Edited 3 times, last by BKL ().

• Has anyone seen a waterproof gauge holder? Most of the gauges I've seen are not waterproof, so I'd like to find a waterproof cover/container/gauge holder...

I have yet to see anything 100% waterproof. However, AEM makes a rubber boot that will go on the back of the gauge to cover electronic connections. It's a tight fit and a bit of a pain in the ass to get wires through but couple that with a "fully enclosed" gauge pod and some rubber grommets and I think that is about the best you're going to get short of mounting a clear NEMA rated box on your dash. lol

My failsafe is mounted in this 2-1/16", PEDESTAL W/ BLACK CUP
    And this boot is on the back of it and my water temp gauge AEM Universal Gauge Boot - 52mm

• Gauges, we don't need no stinking gauges!!

This looks really good. Care to share what pod you are running?

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I have yet to see anything 100% waterproof. However, AEM makes a rubber boot that will go on the back of the gauge to cover electronic connections. It's a tight fit and a bit of a pain in the ass to get wires through but couple that with a "fully enclosed" gauge pod and some rubber grommets and I think that is about the best you're going to get short of mounting a clear NEMA rated box on your dash. lol
    My failsafe is mounted in this 2-1/16", PEDESTAL W/ BLACK CUP
    And this boot is on the back of it and my water temp gauge AEM Universal Gauge Boot - 52mm

Interesting, but the push-buttons on the face of the gauge would still be exposed.Something to thimk about! :D

• Interesting, but the push-buttons on the face of the gauge would still be exposed.Something to thimk about! :D

Yeah what I did was as close as I could come up with aside of putting some sort of enclosure in it. Truth be told though, my SS never, literally never, sees rain these days. It's a bit more purpose built for 1/2mi races for now. The rain would ruin my MOMO seat, or at least take an eternity to dry out. When we took it to tail of the dragon last week, I put the stock seats back in and put plastic ziplock baggies over all the gauges, pulled the bags tight so you could read the display, and then cinched it closed with a zip tie. Ghetto? Absolutely. Did it save my gauges? Yes it did.