SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2019

• studiopeg I would go back to the dealer that did the swingarm replacement. Any dealer that has a old swingarm can and should give you the axle to correct this. If the dealer doesn't come good for this I would call and start a file with Polaris. This should be covered as I would assume the part was defective.

• Thanks. I’ve concluded that I’m going to have to do just that, and it’s not going to be cheap. But my local dealership sucks. I’m going to have to search for a reputable dealership first. 325+ slings here in Maggie Valley and not one with this issue. Figures.

Sorry for your bad luck on this! The lock nut doesn't look like it's got much thread at all that it's attached to, and I believe that is supposed to be something like 150 foot pounds of torque. No way I'd want that much torque on a nut with little thread, and it's set at that for a reason. By all means, put a cover on it if you want..... AFTER it's fixed! As for the dealership woes, I get it. I have 2 dealers within 70 miles of me, and neither will ever touch my SS again. My dealer now is nearly 2 hours away, but worth it. Good luck!

• I am only covering the axle for the show and shine competition at 3. It comes off after that so I can keep an eye on the lines they painted for me across both nuts.

After I get home I have decided to fight Polaris for the repair. This is clearly a defective product or their dealership screwed it up. The dealership is the former owner’s out in Oklahoma so going back to them is out.

• I want to thank everyone for making our first year a awesome trip. For those of you that took us under your wing we are very thankful. I hope everyone has a safe trip home😊😊

• Enjoyed my first trip to Slingshot in the Smokies. Beautiful weather!! Got to me some of the form members and make some new friends. Really had a great time and plan on being there next year. Everyone have a safe ride home.

• I don't particularly like to see the same thing posted in multiple threads but I'm breaking my own rules on this one. Scott gifted me one of the event banners from the event!

ivor wanted to make sure I posted it on this forum. So here's your post @ivor .

A special thanks to Scott and to all who made this event possible!!!

• Best of Show. Would have meant more if more Slingshots showed up for the competition. Still, fun.

studiopeg , please forgive me for giving a vote to the patriotic painted slingshot, airoutlaw and I both seen you would win by a landslide... and I couldn't let the patriot go without at least one vote... if I had to of chosen the winner by myself - that would've been hard... all three were beautifully customized machines. I'm glad you won.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• [quote='rabtech','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/6914-slingshots-in-the-smokies-2019/&postID=270020#post270020']

I feel alot better today. I have been exhausted since I arrived. Today I will be heading out around 10am riding somewhere. If anyone that like to ride super fast wants to tag along just come the trailer where I am selling t-shirts and let me know.. i will most likely head over to the skyway and then back though Coker creek.

[/quote]

That was such a fun ride! Thanks again for letting me tag along!

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Dave@DDMWorks is enjoying the end of the event!

Dave actually finished that monster? It's funny everyone at that table (around 12 of us) had those gigantic fish bowl margaritas except my wife as she was rocking the Fisher Price my first margarita. Dave's face with that first sip was priceless, if only I had snapped a pic of that.

I swear that table consumed at least 3 gallons of Tequila as those were some of the strongest I've ever seen. It was great to meet all of you and sorry we had to split so early, but we had to make that 2.5 hour trek home.

Great memories everyone!

• Maggie Valley round trip (Home and back) equals 648 miles. Miles rode around Maggie Valley in 6 days equals 1,212 miles. Damn I had FUN, can we do it again next week? It was good to meet old friends and new friends and to ride together. MACAWS did your Sling hold up for the ride home? :evil:

• unfortunately for me riding to Maggie Valley would be over 4,400 miles round trip which is why I pray that someday the Las Vegas event will grow in size to be as big as Maggie Valley

heck even the Colorado Springs event would be over 2,000 miles round trip

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies