SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2019

• I am putting out the feelers to see who might like to split this place I am renting, it is walking distance to the field as well. I had someone that can not make it unfortunately. I have the place from May 27th check-in time says 3pm ( I have not asked if I can get in sooner ) - June 2nd checkout says 10am

It is much better than a hotel room and I don't know how much cooking I will do but having a full kitchen is nice for sure! So far it is just myself, not sure if I can find the right person to drive down with me for the adventure. Details below!

Serious inquires please PM me.

~Best
    AA Ron :)

72bd5548-3320-4dcc-be0e-5db86ff0da26.f10.jpg
    Cottage1000 sq. ft.Sleeps: 6Bedrooms: 2Bathrooms: 2

Sleep sofa /futon (2)

Dishwasher

Refrigerator
    Stove Oven
    Microwave
    Grill
    Coffee Maker Kureg and regular coffee pot

Toaster
    Pantry Items coffee

Dishes & Utensils

Satellite or Cable TV
    Washer & Dryer
    Internet
    Fireplace
    Air Conditioning
    Heater

Parking

Featuring: a cozy den with gas logs, fully equipped kitchen with dining area, large master bedroom with a king size bed and a full bath with a walk-in shower. The second bedroom has a queen size bed and is just a few steps to another full bath. The extra sleeping area can accommodate two more guests. Enjoy the large rocking chair porch to take in the breathtaking views and a fire-pit to relaxing by at the end of your day. The home is just a 1/2 mile to Maggie Valley Festival Grounds and Wheels Through Time.

• Is there a hot tub?? :evil:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I'll be packing a suit... #slidingrock this year baby!! :thumbsup:

My parents use to take me and my sister to sliding rock all the time. We would picnic and spend the whole day there. It wasn’t as nice is it now, it has parking and nice facilities now. We use to park on the side of road and walk down to it. Ah the good old days!! Did learn one thing, a cut off pair of old blue jeans will last a lot longer than a swimsuit when sliding down the rocks!!!

:thumbsup:

• I have just ordered the shirts for the event. I will have these 5 colors and designs available for sale. I made sure I included the best looking designs and the most wanted colors. I should have a few hundred shirts so there will be plenty for sale.

Remember - if you want a moisture wicking shirt you can order those from the online store. You still have time to get them if you order in the next few days. Here is a link to the online store. https://shop.slingshotinfo.com/ You can also get more colorful shirt choices and different designs in the online store.

• Ok, you won't be able to miss me very easily at MV EjFord

loX2tF6.jpg?1

While not technically a flag, it's close enough and should withstand some slower speeds in the fair grounds and maybe a parade. It's angled so you can see it from the side and also shed some air and not act as a full sail.

- edit - WTH, gave it a try, got it up to about 65, the poles bent in some from the wind hitting it, but they are mounted to roll bar lighting mounts, so they are rubber cushioned and just slide around the roll bar. Just had to pull them back straight, good as new :)

• What motel are you going to be at?

• Holiday Inn Express in Cherokee.

That is an interesting scenic 26 minute ride to and from the fairgrounds. The 34 minute ride is even more interesting.

We usually ride down to Cherokee to hit some of the gift shops and goof off.

But, I can push the curves harder in the Slingshot than I ever could on the Goldwing trike.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• For the people that have been to Maggie before, do they enforce the helmet law there???

Do we have to wear one all the time.

From my experience they don't mess with ya in NC. I believe they're in the process or they already have eliminated helmet requirement.