SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2019

• ivor , Can you register anytime during the day at the MV event? I won’t be arriving until after lunch on Thursday.

Does anyone know if the gentleman that has the hood buttons will be at the MV event doing installs?

:SUNSETSS:

I spoke with Phil (He does the hood buttons) about 2 months ago thru PM. He said his regular work has had him slammed, and he (at that time, unless something has changed since) would not make Maggie Valley this year. If I remember right, he wasn't even going to do the Colorado event, and he's much closer to that. We talked about him coming to my place for a day on his way to MV and doing installs there too. All of that is out for now, he's just got too much going on.

• If he has kits already to go it is not a big deal to install them yourself.

The way he has them made makes for a ton of adjustment on the line up.

Hell if i can put them on anybody should be able to.

• If he has kits already to go it is not a big deal to install them yourself.

The way he has them made makes for a ton of adjustment on the line up.

Hell if i can put them on anybody should be able to.

I don’t know DLROSS about anybody should be able too!! I would probably have to be pretty intoxicated 🥴 to drill the holes, Hell I would have to be intoxicated to watch him drill the holes in the SS hood!!! :00000436: :00002448:

:SUNSETSS:

• I spoke with Phil (He does the hood buttons) about 2 months ago thru PM. He said his regular work has had him slammed, and he (at that time, unless something has changed since) would not make Maggie Valley this year. If I remember right, he wasn't even going to do the Colorado event, and he's much closer to that. We talked about him coming to my place for a day on his way to MV and doing installs there too. All of that is out for now, he's just got too much going on.

I texted Phil yesterday and he confirmed what Goats_Hogs says. No events this year while he's on a major project. He hasn't even rolled out his Sling yet this year. He's hoping to come up for air and get back to Slinging in 2020.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I'm with SlingSC, I don't feel comfortable cutting on any painted pieces. I've drilled a couple of holes in the plastics, but they weren't were most people see. If you drill through your hood and you are off by 1mm, it could affect the alignment.

I was hoping to get something installed like the button as well.

SSO sells these, wonder if they will do installs. sales@slingshotonly can you chime in on that?

edit - also, seems that kev sells as well, you have anyone there to do installs?

Thanks

• My TWO-CENTS.gifsays wait on Phil....best of the best in product and install

I don't have the buttons but my front is pretty tight and doesn't flex much.

• First ones I had installed I let Phil do it. Also let him do the next two sets but I paid close attention so I could see how. His measurements are spot on. I’m not opposed to cutting the body after the first one. Heck, Slingrazor helped me cut the six large holes in my hood fo the screens. No stability is lost as long as you aren’t cutting the frame. You don’t drill the hood for the pins, they go in the fenders And you won’t believe how much mor stable the fenders are.

mniron sells the very best hood pins. Better than any others I have seen. I have never seen Slingmods do any installs. They just market parts.

• Two years ago, I was told by several that Phil's hood pins were the only ones I should go with. Now, there may be others out now that also are fine to use. Back then, Phil's were larger at the flat base, and none of his panels had cracked. Many of the others had. He now has different studs that the buttons catch, and they have some swivel to them. It will allow better fitment, and didn't need to be quite as precise.

All I know for sure is this..... Mine have 2 years and 26,000 miles on them, and still work like the day he put them on. Zero cracking, completely satisfied with mine.

• Two years ago, I was told by several that Phil's hood pins were the only ones I should go with. Now, there may be others out now that also are fine to use. Back then, Phil's were larger at the flat base, and none of his panels had cracked. Many of the others had. He now has different studs that the buttons catch, and they have some swivel to them. It will allow better fitment, and didn't need to be quite as precise.

All I know for sure is this..... Mine have 2 years and 26,000 miles on them, and still work like the day he put them on. Zero cracking, completely satisfied with mine.

Phili spent the time to engineer the design to the SlingShot. The pin design can be sourced on the open market but he spent time figuring out the proper way to make it work and also not using the cheapest parts for max margin return. The real plus side is that he stands behind the product and knows how to help if you run into an issue. I will always support those that innovate first. If it weren't for those guys our free interprise system fails. It's your choice just choose wisely.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Do you know if any that are being sold by our vendors are Phil's design or are they knock offs? I'm all about supporting our designers and vendors, but waiting a year before I can get one installed may be hard. My right fender vibrates pretty badly at highway speeds and would like to prevent any issues by installing this, if I can find someone to install it for me :)

• Phili spent the time to engineer the design to the SlingShot. The pin design can be sourced on the open market but he spent time figuring out the proper way to make it work and also not using the cheapest parts for max margin return. The real plus side is that he stands behind the product and knows how to help if you run into an issue. I will always support those that innovate first. If it weren't for those guys our free interprise system fails. It's your choice just choose wisely.

Patrick, I put you into that same category with Phil! I got one of your first, what...... 20 or so Sport tops? With me being tall, we talked about longer brackets to raise the front but you were concerned it might increase buffeting. You made some and sent out to a few including myself, dangerdarrell , and Bill Martin if I remember right. It fixed my issue, and worked flawlessly! I've since added the single shock from you for the top. Still love the top for the days I choose to use it, and love the way I can pull it off or put it on so quickly. I'm sure you don't hear it often, or even if you do... it can't be a bad thing to hear. Thank you for bringing this top to market!