SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2019

• Maggie Valley is only 325 miles from me and when I go, usually the mileage for the week is almost 2,000 miles for the week. I made 6 trips up last summer and I am hoping to do the same this year. I am looking forward to seeing everyone at "Slingshots in the Smokies 2019" Come on and join us for those that have never been. As to riding once you get there, someone will always invite you to follow them on the one or two rides each day it is all up to you.

• Maggie Valley is only 325 miles from me and when I go, usually the mileage for the week is almost 2,000 miles for the week. I made 6 trips up last summer and I am hoping to do the same this year. I am looking forward to seeing everyone at "Slingshots in the Smokies 2019" Come on and join us for those that have never been. As to riding once you get there, someone will always invite you to follow them on the one or two rides each day it is all up to you.

Generally the best rides are those small group rides that are not preplanned and are lead by some of us who have made the visit several times... For the 'lead footed' follow FunCycle a little more leisurely I'll lead some.

• @ EjFord I'm with you on the leisurely drive. Going to be my first time there don't want to miss all the scenery.

Plus i try not to drive very fast around corners to keep the wife happy!

I drive with a 'little' spirt....and do all I can to get everyone back safe and sound with plastic up and rubber down. (maybe a little less rubber!!!!)

• I tried getting a "more secluded/intimate" place last year... sadly, I booked a hotel again this year ~> BUT, find something with a nice view, fireplace, big beds and jacuzzi... and I'll canceled our reservations! :evil:

Wishful thinking haha... I believe I will have that more intimate private setting but still close by :) I think I am skipping the hotel experience this year.. We shall see 8)

• Flying to Asheville with my husband. It so happens he was going to Asheville that same week for a work conference. I think the other Slingshot owners are flying too, not sure.

Just a suggestion but you could just rent a Slingshot down there? I know it is not your Slingshot but you will be able to still experience it!

• We are working on putting a bigger and better group ride programme than ever before.

Firstly we have 8 Ride leaders 6 of which are locals.There will be a total of 21 group rides over Wed/Thurs/Fri.Saturday morning will be the Poker Run for all.Friday 5pm will be the World Record attempt parade with a great party after band,dancing etc.

Apart from the usual well known rides Tail of the Dragon,Rattler,Waterfalls etc these guys know fabulous rides which are relatively unknown and will be taking riders to these.

Secondly ride durations will vary from 2 hrs to 5hours.

Thirdly rides will go out 8am and 12pm Midday.

It is a huge amount of work putting these rides together especially so many.It will however be complete by the end Feb.Published then so folk can make their selection and prereserve.

SSITS is going to be bigger and better than ever.

Many preregistrations in already.

400 Slingshots Expected might possibly even get 500.

• Everybody so you know I apologized to Shatneyman in a private message. I got all grumpy for being asked numerous times why I won't drive down. I'm really not a bitchy person... I just have had a lot of bad luck with my Slingshot mods, it's one thing after another. I just want to ride it this year and no more mods, but I have little confidence in it. It's still in the shop (has been all winter. The air ride goes down after 3 days. They have it torn apart and still can't find the leak). My turn signals don't work because of the halos mod. On and on it goes. My Neutrino bluetooth works randomly. Too many mods, too many problems.

I had two Slingshots who were going to share a trailer with me going down, and they both bugged out. Now the cost is so high just for mine I don't think I can ever justify it.

It's made me into a big grump :(

I'm sorry Shatneyman.............. :00008862:

• not necessary, everything is good,:thumbup: just one question,... why not drive down?:00008356:now that's funny right there!:00008172:

• not necessary, everything is good,:thumbup: just one question,... why not drive down?:00008356:now that's funny right there!:00008172:

:S Now you know what’s really funny? With the high $1600 round trip trailering cost, I talked to my boss today and I can get a “vacation advance.” My friend is taking 3 days to drive down and 3 back, and now I’m thinking of joining him. How’s that for irony?

I’m a bit nervous about it as I’ve never done a road trip like that even in a car. And you know it’s going to rain on the road and I know hydroplaning is a real problem with these. So I have a lot to consider.

• :S Now you know what’s really funny? With the high $1600 round trip trailering cost, I talked to my boss today and I can get a “vacation advance.” My friend is taking 3 days to drive down and 3 back, and now I’m thinking of joining him. How’s that for irony?

I’m a bit nervous about it as I’ve never done a road trip like that even in a car. And you know it’s going to rain on the road and I know hydroplaning is a real problem with these. So I have a lot to consider.

You might be surprised..I've driven there twice (750 miles) and towed once. I actually find the driving to be more enjoyable. Just slow down in the rain and keep tire pressures up. The trailers can be a bit of a hassle also, parking, accessibility, loading/unloading, tying down, space at gas stations/restaurants, etc.

• This will be my first trip to SSITS. I have already made my hotel reservations, just need to register with Slingshot Roadsters. Looking forward to meeting as many of the forum members as possible. I was wondering for those that have attended in the past, are there vendors there that sell the MadStad adjustable windshields. I was thinking about replacing mine, but I wanted to checkout the different heights and tinting of the windshields before I purchased one. If there isn’t a vendor maybe one of you would allow me to check out yours and ask a few questions. :/

:SUNSETSS:

• This will be my first trip to SSITS. I have already made my hotel reservations, just need to register with Slingshot Roadsters. Looking forward to meeting as many of the forum members as possible. I was wondering for those that have attended in the past, are there vendors there that sell the MadStad adjustable windshields. I was thinking about replacing mine, but I wanted to checkout the different heights and tinting of the windshields before I purchased one. If there isn’t a vendor maybe one of you would allow me to check out yours and ask a few questions. :/

This will be my first trip to SSITS. I have already made my hotel reservations, just need to register with Slingshot Roadsters. Looking forward to meeting as many of the forum members as possible. I was wondering for those that have attended in the past, are there vendors there that sell the MadStad adjustable windshields. I was thinking about replacing mine, but I wanted to checkout the different heights and tinting of the windshields before I purchased one. If there isn’t a vendor maybe one of you would allow me to check out yours and ask a few questions. :/

The Great thing about the rally is that you will see on a Slingshot about anything that to can think of, most of the time the guys will let you hop in the seat to see what the windshield looks and feels like going down the road. That goes for most anything that can be put on/in a Slingshot.

• :S Now you know what’s really funny? With the high $1600 round trip trailering cost, I talked to my boss today and I can get a “vacation advance.” My friend is taking 3 days to drive down and 3 back, and now I’m thinking of joining him. How’s that for irony?

A lot of us have put lots of "road trip" miles in the seat of a Slingshot. Very few problems, and lots of enjoyable miles. If you have a friend to travel with you will have a great time. You'll have $$$.$$ left out of the $1,600.00....