SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2019

• I am trying to get one to do them.Alamo Cycle Plex the dealer from San Antonio is a vendor.i am contacting him to see if its possible.

Wasn't there a vendor there a couple years ago? Named Andy? Did my '16.5 and put set of JR shocks on. What happened to him?

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• I and two others from my area (New England) are desperately trying to find transport for all 3 Slingshots down to Maggie Valley and back home. So far nothing. None of us have enough vacation time to spend 5 days on the road plus the amount of time for the rally. We all want an entire week there not just for the rally but to see the Blue Ridge and explore Asheville.

We realize it's tough to find someone willing to do a round trip for 3 Slings. Doesn't look like it's going to happen :(

• I and two others from my area (New England) are desperately trying to find transport for all 3 Slingshots down to Maggie Valley and back home. So far nothing. None of us have enough vacation time to spend 5 days on the road plus the amount of time for the rally. We all want an entire week there not just for the rally but to see the Blue Ridge and explore Asheville.

We realize it's tough to find someone willing to do a round trip for 3 Slings. Doesn't look like it's going to happen :(

There is a guy called Jamie Roy out of Kentucky.He May be able to help.If you go to Facebook his name will come up.Well known in the Slingshot Community.

• There is a guy called Jamie Roy out of Kentucky.He May be able to help.If you go to Facebook his name will come up.Well known in the Slingshot Community.

Yes he's already gotten in touch with me via Facebook. Says he'll give me quote later, but he has an enclosed trailer and warns of the expense and that he can't compete with U Ship. I've already gotten numerous quotes from U Ship and all are about the same at $1,200 per Sling round trip. And you never know what you are going to get with U Ship. We'll see what Jamie says.

• Yes he's already gotten in touch with me via Facebook. Says he'll give me quote later, but he has an enclosed trailer and warns of the expense and that he can't compete with U Ship. I've already gotten numerous quotes from U Ship and all are about the same at $1,200 per Sling round trip. And you never know what you are going to get with U Ship. We'll see what Jamie says.

How are YOU getting to Maggie Valley?

• @ulflyer.I think I remember the guy.He worked for Alpha who at the time they were handling the JRI shocks.Unfortunately Alpha are not in business anymore.

I think his name might have been Henry. Nice guy. He and a lady helper could whip out a laser alignment in short order. Hope you find a laser vendor; can guarantee he will be booked solid.

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• Hey EJ!

Yes I will be there, I have not decided where I am staying this year. I have been looking around to try something different. Seeing if someone will join me this year but finding the right person to come with me does not seem so easy. Looking forward to seeing you this year, last year you needed a boat lol it was awful. I was caught in a rainstorm on the way home for 6 hours. Took me 16.5hrs to get home it was very dangerous and I was starting to nod off. I didn't want to stop in NYC area.

I tried getting a "more secluded/intimate" place last year... sadly, I booked a hotel again this year ~> BUT, find something with a nice view, fireplace, big beds and jacuzzi... and I'll canceled our reservations! :evil:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I tried getting a "more secluded/intimate" place last year... sadly, I booked a hotel again this year ~> BUT, find something with a nice view, fireplace, big beds and jacuzzi... and I'll canceled our reservations! :evil:

Erica, Jonathan Creek Motel has some nice cottage behind the motel the back side of the creek. Some are big enough for several people. And easy parking for the Slingshot and close to everything...

• We're booked at JC again this year... now don't get me wrong ~> I still think it's the best motel on the strip. BUT, for a hot tub, lambskin rugs, copious amounts of wine and a mountain top overlook... let's just say, I'll be bring "the strip" with me! :00007555:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• We're booked at JC again this year... now don't get me wrong ~> I still think it's the best motel on the strip. BUT, for a hot tub, lambskin rugs, copious amounts of wine and a mountain top overlook... let's just say, I'll be bring "the strip" with me! :00007555:

Your a stripper?

I would have never guessed but I will bring the popcorn.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

I made the trip in about 15 hours from Vermont a couple years ago. You're 3 hours closer. Why not ride? The trip down and back is half the fun. The roads down there is the other half of fun.

• I made the trip in about 15 hours from Vermont a couple years ago. You're 3 hours closer. Why not ride? The trip down and back is half the fun. The roads down there is the other half of fun.

I DO NOT HAVE THAT MUCH VACATION TIME AND NEITHER DO THE OTHERS. I wish people would stop asking me to "just ride down." Consider that there are reasons why someone can't. I guess I should just explain all the millions of details in the first place so these kinds of questions will be avoided.

• I DO NOT HAVE THAT MUCH VACATION TIME AND NEITHER DO THE OTHERS. I wish people would stop asking me to "just ride down." Consider that there are reasons why someone can't. I guess I should just explain all the millions of details in the first place so these kinds of questions will be avoided.

Well excuse me for making a suggestion. You're going to take a day to fly down and a day to fly back. What ever,.. I'm out.

• Well excuse me for making a suggestion. You're going to take a day to fly down and a day to fly back. What ever,.. I'm out.

Sorry. I’m extremely aggravated tonight due to a whole bunch of things including being asked over and over why I won't drive down. Shouldn’t have let it out here. Arg. I should have just explained in the original post that I don’t have enough vacation time to drive down and back and that’s why I’m looking for transport. Flying to Asheville is a half day.