SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2019

• wokka

If you don’t mind, please PM me about the hood buttons and how to get in touch with Phil. I still don’t feel comfortable drilling large holes into my SS hood. Hopefully I can get some needed help before attempting!!! :00000436:

:SUNSETSS:

He doesn't have the time to do installs, but from what I'm told, he sends a template and all the tools needed to do this correctly. I may still pay someone else to do the cutting, will see once I get the kit in hand and see what it looks like.

I'll PM you his email.

• He doesn't have the time to do installs, but from what I'm told, he sends a template and all the tools needed to do this correctly. I may still pay someone else to do the cutting, will see once I get the kit in hand and see what it looks like.

I'll PM you his email.

wokka wonder if I can hit Phil up for a little commission!

• LOL, you should, this discussion is going to sell several kits, hope he has them in stock.

We are having an issue with paypal though, but he asked if I was ok with another method of payment. Not sure if it's an issue on my end or his, and paypal customer service won't tell me... (security protections)

sigh

• LOL, you should, this discussion is going to sell several kits, hope he has them in stock.

We are having an issue with paypal though, but he asked if I was ok with another method of payment. Not sure if it's an issue on my end or his, and paypal customer service won't tell me... (security protections)

sigh

Phil will probably take a 'rubber' check.

• I am telling you guys, if you have any mechanical skills you can do this install. With his 24 page instructions you can’t go wrong unless you missed a step. I wrote about this to Phil after I did mine and told him that it was the best instructions I have ever used. I also am looking for my commission as well. Phil that’s two commissions EjFord and me.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• We are having an issue with paypal though, but he asked if I was ok with another method of payment. Not sure if it's an issue on my end or his, and paypal customer service won't tell me... (security protections)

sigh

Phil (last year, in MV) had me watch his tent (in the downpour) while he relieved himself from massive coffee input over the day. He said, " just watch my tools and that cash while I'm gone". Several Dewalt coreless drills, along with other tools, and cash from the day (he stays busy, and it was near evening). He trusted me, I've trusted him. Sorry you are having problems connecting here, but I'd pretty well trust Phil will my life or my wife. My highest endorsement.....

• :00008172:this is some funny stuff,... wow:00008356:do you really think you're that important? Maybe I read it wrong, but,... never mind,.... I'll be good:00008359:

Not that, just figured he didn't want his email address dropped someplace where it can be skimmed (by spammers). Got another way to share it?

Goats_Hogs, we traded a few emails and got it worked out. Thanks

• Not that, just figured he didn't want his email address dropped someplace where it can be skimmed (by spammers). Got another way to share it?

Goats_Hogs, we traded a few emails and got it worked out. Thanks

it's not your place to give his e-mail to anyone, unless he says so, you comment everywhere weather you know the subject or not,... when someone corrects you, they are wrong . Look at the freaking battery thread. You act like some kind of demi god on here. Yet another reason older or long term members left or don't post. Along with a few others. I have messages from members stating so. I know you'll respond because you must have the last word,.. and be right!. Some may turn the other cheek, and not say anything. I won't,... shut the hell up!

• Alright y'all..... sometimes we let post ruffle our feathers. It sounds like some post on here may have been read the wrong way. Or someone has posted something they shouldn't have. Without me having to look back and read everything I think Shatneyman mentioned wokka posting an email address of someone.

As long as your absolutely positive that whomever your posting their email is ok with it then I dont mind yall posting it. But if you are not positive just don't do it. Remember these pages are scanned and indexed by every search engine like Google and Bing daily. So if you post anything (except in the Not Safe for Work section) it will live on forever on the internet. The other section I mentioned cant be indexed because it takes authorization to be able to see that section.

The other issue that was brought up....As far as someone posting info quickly on here and snapping up each question. As long as the question is answered correctly I dont have any issues with it. HOWEVER, Its like this..... Something I learned when I started this forum was to let others answer and just watch for a place I could add the extra "sprinkles" to their answers. I stopped jumping on post and answering them immediately because it looked like I was being the know-it-all or a post hog. I could sit here and correctly answer probably 99% of the questions asked but I had rather sit back and let others answer and make it more inviting to the members.

Just wanted to post this after reading the last few post. It looked like something needed to be said so everyone could cool off for a minute. I'm not siding with anyone. I try never to do that. I just give my speech and most of the time the message is understood. Play nice. Yall have fun..

• Well, all I can say is Shatneyman is an OG I've been waiting to meet.

Having met wokka, I feel like that's not his game Shat, though text and internet posts are hard to read correctly (regarding tone, intent, etc).

Now this is just the educator in me that knows there are people with all types of personalities and characteristics that we might gel well with and might not. Like Rab said, let's just play nice. 😁

• Well, all I can say is Shatneyman is an OG I've been waiting to meet.

Having met wokka, I feel like that's not his game Shat, though text and internet posts are hard to read correctly (regarding tone, intent, etc).

Now this is just the educator in me that knows there are people with all types of personalities and characteristics that we might gel well with and might not. Like Rab said, let's just play nice. 😁

There is a reason why I still use a flip phone, since it is mostly for work I always prefer to speak to people rather than text because text / email and even post on social media can always come off in ways not intended by the author.I know I am an old dog and won't learn new tricks but it works best for me. I have actually fired people who refuse to pick up the phone and talk to a customer.

Just my few cents

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• There is a reason why I still use a flip phone, since it is mostly for work I always prefer to speak to people rather than text because text / email and even post on social media can always come off in ways not intended by the author.I know I am an old dog and won't learn new tricks but it works best for me. I have actually fired people who refuse to pick up the phone and talk to a customer.

Just my few cents

The 'old dogs' are GOOD dogs.... old phones and all....

• I don't pass out trade secretes --- I just buy a BIG Billboard and post the info.

I think I have his email address but am not sure if it's correct, so if you could include me in getting in touch with him, I too want to purchase his hood buttons. Hopefully down in Maggie Valley I can trade someone a steak dinner and beer for the install :)

• OK, this thread is about the smokies and not buttons, but this needs to be said. NO ONE has the right to give out a e-mail, unless it's their own. Maybe there is a reason someone doesn't post for a while. Maybe they need some time away,.. other then work. If something is available, great,.. if not, wait or go without until it's available. Whatever,.. it doesn't matter to me, I'm out and this is my last post. Now I need to find out how to sign out,.. never did that before. This OG is out! Stay safe.

• OK, this thread is about the smokies and not buttons.

Oh come on Shat! You of all people have helped (me, and likely hundreds of others) derail threads before! As for leaving, I really wish you wouldn't. Yes, we have about the same percentage of posters that don't really help much, but now we have more members. It was bound to happen. Just scroll past them, and keep on keeping on!

Yeah, it's not like it was 3 years ago when I came aboard. Some real challenges here, but I want to still help those I can. If you need to, block the offender. Unless it's me.... I like you! :00008359: I'd miss your banter if you left.... and your paint, and mods....