2011 Ford F250 6.2 gas

• I just bought a 2011 Ford F250 4x4 6.2 gas. Anybody have any experience with these? I have read all the complaints about the "Death Wobble". Some had this issue. Some didn't. I test drove for 7 hours. Even hooked a trailer up with 2500 pounds on it. I tried to duplicate the "death wobble" as well as make anything else go wrong before I bought it. Super low miles. Under 60k. Already made the purchase. Can't turn back now. I realize this is way off topic from a Slingshot but I have had such great success on this forum with SS related stuff I figured, why not. Anybody that would like to share their thoughts. I would say thank you in advance. Anything to look out for or history is great. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

• I just bought a 2011 Ford F250 4x4 6.2 gas. Anybody have any experience with these? I have read all the complaints about the "Death Wobble". Some had this issue. Some didn't. I test drove for 7 hours. Even hooked a trailer up with 2500 pounds on it. I tried to duplicate the "death wobble" as well as make anything else go wrong before I bought it. Super low miles. Under 60k. Already made the purchase. Can't turn back now. I realize this is way off topic from a Slingshot but I have had such great success on this forum with SS related stuff I figured, why not. Anybody that would like to share their thoughts. I would say thank you in advance. Anything to look out for or history is great. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

If the only thing that we talked about here was our 'Slingshot' --- life would be real boring.... The great part of being active here is that we can ask lots of questions about lots of stuff and get some real good answers (I don't have any, I just come up with some funny ones once in a while).

• Looks like it should be a good workhorse for you and your business.

It will. The thing is a cream puff. One owner, local trade in. Bed looks like nothing has ever been in it. As far as that goes, so does the inside.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Congrats on the find. The low miles speak volumes for how long you should be able to run it. From a Ram guy, good luck with your Ford. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Congrats on the find. The low miles speak volumes for how long you should be able to run it. From a Ram guy, good luck with your Ford. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

No kidding. I was a Dodge guy myself till the early 90's when the rotten dash trucks came out and the grill was connected to the hood. Most all of my trucks have be Chevy's over the years. It's like pulling teeth now a days to find a single cab long bed pickup truck. It's a very hard find in my area, used or new. Especially used but not wore out.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• That should work out pretty well with you. I have a ton of experience with F-150's in general and some experience with the 6.2 ( one of the mods on the biggest f150 forum ) and I've tuned probably dozen or so 6.2 trucks by now.

It's very similar to the 5.4 engine in many ways but most of the time the single complaint I hear about the 6.2 is the fuel efficiency....but that being said, for a big ass naturally aspirated V8, it does decent. Not awesome but doesn't suck either. Clap a good flowmaster 44 series exhaust on it and enjoy the rumble everywhere you go. :-)

Surprised you can fit in your garage, that has to be a tight fit. I have a 12 F150 ( with the 3.5 ) long bed but crew cab and it didnt even come close to fitting into my garage even before I did the lift / big tires.

• With an older 150 I cut the so called smog belt freed up the restrictions on the air intake and did the cat delete and ended up with about 5 mpg more on the mileage. By the way that was the only truck I ever owned, bought to haul dirt bikes. Got rid of the dirt bikes and got rid of the truck. Also another thing, that was the only Ford that I have ever owned except for the 1935 that I have, But the only thing Ford on it is the BODY and the Mustang shifter.