Dual Canadian Headlight Conversion Kit compared to Stock Headlight.

• @BKL for a good comparison view, I have captured Side By Side Views. This was taken with a Dash Cam with the Lighting Set at 1 click above normal mid range. Don't have Aperture values. I must also say, I have the LED Splitters mounted to the underneath area of the Front Spoiler, one on each side. I did not think to turn them off for comparison, but just a note on that. Now anyone else that would like to contribute their Headlight Display, please post to help with our test. A Video of the Headlight Aiming Check and Adjustment will be coming very soon. You will see the results. I want you to see the condition before I do any adjustments if needed.

So, you will have a sizable amount of dollars invested with the Canadian Dual LED Headlight Conversion Kit and the LED Upgrade Headlight Kit as I have.
    I hope others will display their Snap Shots far all to compare and help all new owners or members that may be thinking of adding LED Lighting. Again, I am only impressed by the White clear light as to the Stock Yellow Light display. I don't drive at night, and wanted the most light for daytime driving to be more visible to other drivers, for my safety.

View on Left is Low Beam, there are 6 LED's illuminating the road. View on right is High Beam, there are 2 LED's on Low Beam, 4 LED illuminating Road.
    You are getting the Drivers View Height so you do view some of the near road through the smoke colored windshield.

• Ok. I finally edited a short video I shot of my headlight output and converted it to an animated GIF.
    About the headlight setup I tested in the attached GIF -
    I have the stock 2015 outer auxiliary headlights in the stock location. When I installed the Cycle Springs/SlingshotOnly 6-LED headlight bulb setup in early 2016, I modded the outer auxiliary headlights per their earlier instructions (but not part of the current instructions), using a screwdriver to bend down the internal baffle to increase light output from the MH4 LED bulbs wired for Lo output at 13W. I also rewired the outer headlights to run on the switched Fog Light circuit so I could turn them On or Off. I originally had the CS/SSO Canadian headlights, but I swapped them out for the SlingMods CH units which seemed to offer more light output than the CS/SSO units. Both versions of CH headlights had baffles, but the SM units seemed to produce more light than the older CS/SSO units. The CH units had the HI/LO LED bulbs set for 26W/13W. The center Hella headlights used 36W H9 LED bulbs. For this test, I swapped the 13W LED bulbs in the outer modified headlights with the HI/LO 26W/13W units I originally had mounted in the CH units. This meant that on Lo beam, the outer modified headlights (depressed baffle) still operated at 13W, but now also operated on 26W on Hi beam setting. The CH units still had their baffles.
    Here is a diagram of the original headlight/bulb configurations and the tested configuration -
    This animated GIF shows the test. The headlights are approximately 180 ft from the building. Initially, the outer headlights and the center headlights are on Lo beam, then I turned on the CH units. Finally, the outer and center headlights are switched to Hi beam.
    Unfortunately, I didn't think to capture the headlight output at this distance before I swapped the bulbs.
    The 2 animated GIFs below show the headlight out put as originally wired and after I sapped the LED bulbs between the CH and outer modified (baffle removed) headlights. Both GIFs show 4 low beams (2 x 13W plus the center headlights on Low), then add the 13W MH4 LED auxiliary bulb output and then show 4 High beams 2x 26W plus 2 x 36W plus the 13W auxiliary bulbs. Distance from the front headlights to the building was approximately 45 ft.

TestedCnfg.gif
    Initially, I was concerned that bending down the baffles in the outer headlights would allow too much glare for in-coming drivers, but I didn't have a single driver flash me for bright lights in their eyes. I used my Galaxy S7 phone to film the videos, but I didn't have any way of holding the phone while driving my normal route.
    I would have preferred to have maintained the same pixel ratio across the 3 GIFs, but I was more concerned about trying to get them small enough for posting.

Edited 3 times, last by BKL ().

• Here is my Headlight Aiming Check and adjustment information. I have video but, want to make it clear and easy to see for all. The photos will show the different displays against my Garage Door at a distance of 25 ft. This is measure from the tip of the front most part of Slingshot. The Owners Manual shows a clear and easy to understand photos and written material to perform this procedure. I will edit the video and Publish later. The first time I looked at the beam display on the garage door I misunderstood the location to check the beam height. It was not until I started looking at my video and editing the photos that I discovered the real location. I have outlined the beam in yellow to show folks how it will appear.
    I also disconnected the Canadian Headlights to only display US Lights for the Adjustment Procedure. Both US and Canadian is not a normal condition for alignment. To align the Canadian Headlights I will have to disconnect the Center US Headlights and then I will be able to perform that aiming procedure. Then hook them all up and I will be adjusted for both. Good luck on your test for proper aiming of your headlights. It is not hard. Use Blue tape to mark your location if you like and then measure more accurate.

• I understand the changes you made for the Headlights, just not clear if you see a change for the better. I appreciate you taking the time to run these test. I did not think of the issues of not everyone has all the camera mounts and ways of placing cameras on their Slingshot.
    It is hard to work with mounting a cell phone for sure.

• Here is my Slingshot Headlight Aiming Check and Adjustment Procedure as I promised. I show you everything you will need to check your own Headlights for Proper alignment. You will see the procedure you need to prepare for the Aiming Check. I take all the mystery out of the Polaris Slingshot Canadian and US Lighting Systems, how they display at 25 ft distance on a wall. Now, it is Showtime, get comfy, a drink and watch.

Here is a video of my Headlights while driving at night and how Canadian, US LED Headlight along with LED Splitters display on the Road.

• Personally,I feel projector headlights do a good job of illuminating the road immediately in front of the vehicle on Low beam, but when on High beam, the additional light isn't always apparent. On a typical road w/o overhanging trees, it is not always apparent that projector lights are on High beam, but if driving on a country road with overhanging trees or signs over an Interstate, the fact that projectors on High beam tend to throw additional light up above the road can be easily seen.

As far as aiming the CH units, when I originally installed my CS/SSO CH units, I found the aiming mechanism for the two outer headlights somewhat wanting in that if I had the stock outer auxiliary headlights properly aimed, the CH units were aimed too low and down towards the roadway just a few feet ahead of the Slingshot. When I installed my new SlingMods CH units, I used slightly longer screws and added a nylon washer (about 3/16" thick or so) and then adjusted the outer headlight bracket as necessary to aim the CH units so the horizontal cut-off matched the line I use when aiming the center headlights.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Personally,I feel projector headlights do a good job of illuminating the road immediately in front of the vehicle on Low beam, but when on High beam, the additional light isn't always apparent. On a typical road w/o overhanging trees, it is not always apparent that projector lights are on High beam, but if driving on a country road with overhanging trees or signs over an Interstate, the fact that projectors on High beam tend to throw additional light up above the road can be easily seen.

As far as qiming the CH units, when I originally installed my CS/SSO CH units, I found the aiming mechanism for the two outer headlights somewhat wanting in that if I had the stock outer auxiliary headlights properly aimed, the CH units were aimed too low and down towards the rodway just a few feet ahead of the Slingshot. When I installed my new SlingMods CH units, I used slightly longer screws and added a nylon washer (about 3/16" thick or so) and then adjusted the outer headlight bracket as necessary to aim the CH units so the horizontal cut-off matched the line I use when aiming the center headlights.

Sounds like solid engineering to accomplish what you want or need. Glad to hear you have the skills. Night driving is not for me, so this will not be an issue, hope this thread will give folks some information to work with for their needs of LED lighting.

• Sounds like solid engineering to accomplish what you want or need. Glad to hear you have the skills. Night driving is not for me, so this will not be an issue, hope this thread will give folks some information to work with for their needs of LED lighting.

I've always enjoyed driving/riding at night and am finally getting my Slingshot's forward illumination to something I like. I dread the day when I may have to give up night rides as I seem to become more sensitive to oncoming headlight brightness. The brightness problem also seems to be associated more with modern headlights, LED units in particular.

• I've always enjoyed driving/riding at night and am finally getting my Slingshot's forward illumination to something I like. I dread the day when I may have to give up night rides as I seem to become more sensitive to oncoming headlight brightness. The brightness problem also seems to be associated more with modern headlights, LED units in particular.

Going on 75, you don't want me out there driving, the eyes just don't see as well at night, even with super duper lights. I am glad you have engineered and tweaked the lights for just the right look for the road. Have fun , enjoy what you like to do. Thanks again for all the good input you added to this thread.

As far as aiming the CH units, when I originally installed my CS/SSO CH units, I found the aiming mechanism for the two outer headlights somewhat wanting in that if I had the stock outer auxiliary headlights properly aimed, the CH units were aimed too low and down towards the roadway just a few feet ahead of the Slingshot. When I installed my new SlingMods CH units, I used slightly longer screws and added a nylon washer (about 3/16" thick or so) and then adjusted the outer headlight bracket as necessary to aim the CH units so the horizontal cut-off matched the line I use when aiming the center headlights.

I have to admit that part of my original headlight aiming problems when I was trying to aim both the outer headlights and the Canadian units may have been my fault. I may have made it worse while trying to get both aimed together and just found it easier to pull the bracket/lights and add the washers as spacers to better align the two headlights. I looked at the adjustment screws the other night and on both sides, one of the adjustment screws is really tightened while the other is much less tightened, but at least the spacers I used made it a lot easier to get both units aligned together.

• I want to point out that the Owners Manual does not suggest any checks or adjustments for left and right adjustments of the Center Headlights. They only show the top 4 screws of the Center Headlights as for up and down Adjustments. The Headlights are a factory adjusted condition and should not require adjustment. Use the information provided in this thread to check your headlight for proper Aiming and use procedure for up and down adjustments only. If you feel there is something wrong with the left and right aiming condition, take it to the dealer as we have no information on what correct is and how to adjust for it. If you attempt to make a left and right aiming, you stand a chance of really messing up your total headlight alignment. My information is from 2017 Owners Manual. Always check your year model for proper information for your Slingshot. There can be differences from the different year models.