Dual Canadian Headlight Conversion Kit compared to Stock Headlight.

• Changed name of Thread for the important word, Conversion Kit.

I did the full LED Canadian Headlight with LED Headlight Upgrade on Snazzy. This means, I installed the Canadian Headlight Assembly with LED Headlights Option. I also Upgraded all Stock Headlights, 4 of them, to LED Headlights. Here is the View Of both Display on the Highway at night. The LED's give a very White Light where the Stock Halogen, give a yellow light. Also you will see move area lighted on the side areas, giving a larger field of lighted view. Take a look at the views for a comparison.

Here is a view of the Full Display. You will notice the Canadian LED's on inboard sides look much brighter. They are on Bright. When I got the Light assembly, it came with the LED's wired with a plug so it is just plugged into the spare Canadian Headlight connectors that are under the hood. I noticed after I got them installed, one LED was brighter than the other. I found that the wiring was different on the two LED Light Plugs. Wouldn't you know I wired the Bright condition. Folks, the LED's plug are wire up at the dealer you get your Light Assembly, there is a chance that someone will wire some up backwards, I have a video that shows the proper wiring, check your Canadian Lights for proper wiring, go out and flip them from bright to dim and see if they are correct.
    The photo below is wired on bright when you are in Dim condition.

Here is information on proper wiring of the Three Prong LED Headlights for the Canadian Headlights. You want the Dim and Brights to work correctly, so make sure they are wired right. This video is long, I do not know how to make a short video. I make video for a full understanding that reach folk with very little experience. You can always fast forward if you do not need all the basic information I give. Thanks for watching my video and Section Page.

• Huh. Not as much of a difference as I would have thought (aside from the color temp change) and I've been considering this as one of my first upgrades. Pics dont always translate to real world experience though so in your opinion, did the upgrades make it a lot easier to see at night?

• I did the full LED Canadian Headlight with LED Headlight Upgrade on Snazzy. This means, I installed the Canadian Headlight Assembly with LED Headlights Option. I also Upgraded all Stock Headlights, 4 of them, to LED Headlights. Here is the View Of both Display on the Highway at night. The LED's give a very White Light where the Stock Halogen, give a yellow light. Also you will see move area lighted on the side areas, giving a larger field of lighted view. Take a look at the views for a comparison.

Based on the pictures, it seems like the stock lights are actually projecting further down the road, hard to tell though from the pics for sure. Maybe you need to re-aim the new Canadian lights?

• Based on the pictures, it seems like the stock lights are actually projecting further down the road, hard to tell though from the pics for sure. Maybe you need to re-aim the new Canadian lights?

I agree with you Dave, when you install the Canadian Light Assembly, there are adjusting screws that are installed and do require a headlight aiming procedure. The Owners manual has a section that outlines how to do that procedure. The photos were taken after I installed them and had not made an alignment. I still have not aligned them as I never drive at night and this was a demonstration. You brought out a very important part of installing the Canadian Headlights for check for proper headlight alignment. I may make to project video for aligning headlights soon. Thanks again @Dave@DDMWorks

• Huh. Not as much of a difference as I would have thought (aside from the color temp change) and I've been considering this as one of my first upgrades. Pics dont always translate to real world experience though so in your opinion, did the upgrades make it a lot easier to see at night?

Franchi, you are correct, photos do not always give a true view of what you get in real life view. I like the LED much better than the yellow stock light display. I feel they are worth making the change in my opinion. I mainly want to show the White light verses the yellow spotty light with halogens. Hey Welcome to my section, as a new owner, I gear my section to you for giving you a lot of video on how to and understanding. Take a look, hope it will help.

• I agree with you Dave, when you install the Canadian Light Assembly, there are adjusting screws that are installed and do require a headlight aiming procedure. The Owners manual has a section that outlines how to do that procedure. The photos were taken after I installed them and had not made an alignment. I still have not aligned them as I never drive at night and this was a demonstration. You brought out a very important part of installing the Canadian Headlights for check for proper headlight alignment. I may make to project video for aligning headlights soon. Thanks again @Dave@DDMWorks

I just swapped out the SSO CH units I purchased back in early 2016 (IIRC) and replaced them with SlingMods CH units I just purchased. See - Headlight Pod question for what I discovered about my SSO CH units and why they never seemed to make much light.

As far as a video on aiming the outer headlights, that would be very useful. When I first installed the SSO Ch units, I tried to aim the CH lights, but found it t be a complete pain to get both the outer auxiliary headlights and the CH units aimed together. The Outer Auxiliary headlights that came stock on my Slingshot, when aimed properly, resulted in the SSO CH units being aimed too low in front of my Slingshot. After my test drive with the SM CH lights tonight, I will decide if I want to try aiming the two lights together. Any chance of you completing your CH headlight aiming video by tomorrow? :D Just kidding!

I initially thought about using some washers to better align the auxiliary and CH units with each other before then trying to aim them together, but I've just never gotten around to trying it.

• Thanks for the comment. I am in Georgia and will be returning to Florida by the end of the month. When I get back, I will do a video on Alignment of headlights. I will show before and after test runs. We will see just what needs to be done. I think this will be important, as folks are changing the headlights and there may be some need for adjustments. We also do not know that Polaris have all Slingshot Headlights aligned properly.
    This is on my front burner!!

• I bought the Canadian units for Nuc’em. Come to find out Tripod had replaced all four stock headlights with SlingMod HIDs. The transformer interferes with installing the Canadian Units. Bummer...

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

• based on these early images of the lighting difference I dont think I would want to spend the money to change from stock - perhaps I will change my mind after I have seen how they do after you adjust them.

As a side note I wear yellow driving glasses at night I find they make it much easier for me to see, as such even the whitest lights are still going to look yellow to me

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDMWorks short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar with DDMWorks mounts

• based on these early images of the lighting difference I dont think I would want to spend the money to change from stock - perhaps I will change my mind after I have seen how they do after you adjust them.

As a side note I wear yellow driving glasses at night I find they make it much easier for me to see, as such even the whitest lights are still going to look yellow to me

The biggest advantage I see with changing to LED is the clean white light without spots. The Halogen Lights have spots and uneven yellow light. If you only drive in the daytime, I don't know if there is that big of an advantage for going to LED. Now 6 Lights is better that 4 lights to be seen during the daytime also.
    So You could just keep your stock Headlights and upgrade to the Canadian Halogen Headlights and you will be about a good as you can get for daytime driving.

• The biggest advantage I see with changing to LED is the clean white light without spots. The Halogen Lights have spots and uneven yellow light. If you only drive in the daytime, I don't know if there is that big of an advantage for going to LED. Now 6 Lights is better that 4 lights to be seen during the daytime also.So You could just keep your stock Headlights and upgrade to the Canadian Halogen Headlights and you will be about a good as you can get for daytime driving.

from what I understand the circuit will not handle the draw of running 6 lights unless you switch to led - 6 halogens draw too much for it

• from what I understand the circuit will not handle the draw of running 6 lights unless you switch to led - 6 halogens draw too much for it

This is interesting to know. Do you have the facts for the current limits for lighting. I did have 4 halogens and two LED's running in the beginning and did not have an issue I could detect. Then I upgraded later to the All LED. I wonder if anyone is running 6 halogen, that would be interesting to know what the outcome is. I don't have any current requirements.

• I'd like to hear from one of our Canadian members whatever info they can supply as far as the bulb specifications (type/wattage) and pics of their true CH High/Low headlight units. I would assume the Canadian models use the same High/Low beam headlights now used as the USA center headlight units. Any of our Northern friends have any comment?

• I'd like to hear from one of our Canadian members whatever info they can supply as far as the bulb specifications (type/wattage) and pics of their true CH High/Low headlight units. I would assume the Canadian models use the same High/Low beam headlights now used as the USA center headlight units. Any of our Northern friends have any comment?

the center headlights are two wire. Operation from low to high beam is different than the Canadian configuration. My explanation is above.

• the center headlights are two wire. Operation from low to high beam is different than the Canadian configuration. My explanation is above.

I was trying to get to the point of asking if the inner headlights on Canadian models are High/Low beam units or are the inner headlights only on when in High beam mode?

I need to remind folks that Canadian headlight system does not have any center headlights. Their system has the 4 lights on the outside area only. When we combine the two systems, we get a 4 light bright headlights operation when we go to the high beams.

I also meant that as part of my question in the statement above. Just looking at the parts diagrams/lists, it is not clear if the Canadian units have 2 low beam headlights (the outer headlights) and 2 high beam headlights the inner headlights). That sounds like what you're describing.

I have to admit that going back and rereading my post, I didn't do a very clear job of describing what I wanted to in my earlier post.

• Here is how the Canadian headlights system works as I have tested it.

The two outbound lights, are low beam all the time. They only have the low beam wire connections.
    The inboard headlights are low beam & high beam. These lights have a low beam lead and a high beam lead.
    When you are on low beam operation, all 4 headlights are in low beam.
    When in high beam operation, the outboard headlights are in low beam and the inboard headlights are in high beam.
    There are no center headlights with a Canadian operation only.

How the combination of both Usa and Canadian operation works together.

In low beam all 6 headlights will be in low beam.
    When in high beam operation, the outboard light will be low beam.
    The inboard lights will be on high beam.
    The two center lights will be on high beam.
    So you will have 4 high beam headlights in operation when you add the Canadian Headlights to the USA system.

Please look at my video on explaining and demonstrating the operation. It is at the beginning of this thread.

• I think my information about the miss wiring of the three prong plug on the Canadian LED headlight Assembly may have been missed. That is a key part of the Photo of LED display comparison to Stock. I now realize that at the time of my test run for the Photo comparison, I had the Stock lights in High Beam and I had the Canadian LED's in High Beam. I now think that when I discovered one of my headlights was brighter than the other on the Canadian assembly, I wire them like the bright one and that was the one that was incorrect. So I ended up with High Beam on Low Beam operation. Well, when I switched to high beam for my photo run, I believe I was on Low beam for the Photo comparison. I did not discover this until much later after the installation. I did not think about the comparison photo and this fact when I posted this thread.
    I have corrected the wiring for correct operation. I am encouraging all to view my video on explaining the Canadian Headlight operation. This is when you have USA and Canadian both.

When I get to Florida, I will do another test run with photos to view how they look in correct operation of High Beams. I will do this test before I do the Alignment video. If you have installed the canadian headlight assembly, check your headlight operation for correct wiring by observing the headlights for proper brightness. This could possibly happen to you.

• Folks, I have gone to a couple of Accessories Vendors websites and they do have a Canadian Headlight Conversion Kit for either Halogen or LED headlights. I got the LED Conversion Kit, so can not add any input into how the Halogen are connected up. If anyone has that conversion option, please share with us how it differs from the LED style. They do not mention any issues with over drawing current.

Anyway folks, we are giving you some information about the Canadian Headlight Conversion for LED and how it works. Good Luck on what you want to do, I am only the messenger.

• This is interesting to know. Do you have the facts for the current limits for lighting. I did have 4 halogens and two LED's running in the beginning and did not have an issue I could detect. Then I upgraded later to the All LED. I wonder if anyone is running 6 halogen, that would be interesting to know what the outcome is. I don't have any current requirements.

I base my statement about running 6 halogens on the same circuit from the instructions for the Canadian light conversion on slingmods - Here is the link

and here is the quote - it is the paragraph below the 4 pictures just after step 11 of the instrustions

"Optional wiring for all 6 headlights running and center as high beams. Please note, we do notrecommend wiring for all 6 headlights unless you are running LED headlights on all 6 housing. Do notrun 6 OEM halogen or 6 HID headlights on the same headlight bypass circuit!"