Headlight Pod question

• I have a 2015 Slingshot with the block-off plate on the headlight pods.
    Thru sheer stupidity and bad luck, while installing the Canadian Headlights a couple years ago, I broke 2 tabs on one pod and 1 on the other pod. I'm now trying to figure out how to replace the broken plastic tabs with some metal brackets, but if I need to order new pods, I wanted to post here for verification that I should use the Canadian Headlight pods since they are still designed to handle two headlights compared to the pods now offered on US Slingshots. I really don't want to spend $130+ and risk getting the incorrect parts.
    Has anyone with Canadian Headlights replaced their original pods? Which Headlight pod did you use?
    Thanks.

• I think @MiM could help. He ripped out the stock headlight assemblies and used some clover fogs and seems to love them.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• @MiM Might even have some gently used headlight pods he doesn't intend to use.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I have a 2015 Slingshot with the block-off plate on the headlight pods.
    Thru sheer stupidity and bad luck, while installing the Canadian Headlights a couple years ago, I broke 2 tabs on one pod and 1 on the other pod. I'm now trying to figure out how to replace the broken plastic tabs with some metal brackets, but if I need to order new pods, I wanted to post here for verification that I should use the Canadian Headlight pods since they are still designed to handle two headlights compared to the pods now offered on US Slingshots. I really don't want to spend $130+ and risk getting the incorrect parts.
    Has anyone with Canadian Headlights replaced their original pods? Which Headlight pod did you use?
    Thanks.

I have the stock Head light pieces for the 2015 that were passed onto me for another project that I never completed if you need them. If you do just send me a message with your address and I will get them in the mail to you.

• Thanks for the offers. I'm going to try fixing the old pods with some metal straps first. I haven't gotten around to seeing if I still have the remaining 2 broken tabs, but I do have one of the 3 broken pieces.

I also found out why I have never been happy with the SSO Canadian Headlights I bought a couple years ago (early 2016, IIRC). I installed the SlingMods CH units I just bought and then checked the SSO units I had removed. They arrived with the LED bulbs pre-installed, so I never thought to look inside them. Turns out the early SSO CH lights I got had the horizontal cut-off piece, but also had a lower blocking piece that pretty much prevented ANY light from getting thru the bottom half of the lens. I tried to see if the plate could be punched down like SSO told me to do for the outer auxiliary headlights, but trying to move the blocking plate also moved the cut-off and I don't think it could be done w/o damaging the entire headlight. The SlingMods lights, even using the stock halogen bulbs they came with, put out far more light on High Beam than the LED-equipped SSSO units ever did and now I know why. My Wife said she liked the way the projector lenses look, so she wants to tear them out to use in one of her craft projects. The SSO units produced so little light that I didn't feel I could sell them to anyone, but it looks Iike I can reuse the SSO LED bulbs.
    I'll test the halogen SM CH units tonight and expect the halogen bulbs to work fine until I install the LED bulbs.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Just finding time to catch up on the forum... Yes, I've got some headlight pieces I pulled from my Sling, not sure if it's what you need, but I'll take a pic and post this weekend hopefully and just let me know.

Thanks for tagging me Joey!