What did you drive or ride before you got a Slingshot?

• My wife hates my Harley ( Doesn't like the ride ) she loved my 05 Goldwing and when I sold it 7 years later she wanted me to replace it with another Goldwing but I didn't due to us not traveling much because of work and my 3 sons, so I replaced it with a Suzuki M109 instead lol , the owner of my 05 Goldwing still brings it to me to service it & when it's here my wife looks at me with that face that says " I want a Goldwing " but she's slowly loving the slingshot , which she has no choice. I doubt I'll ever buy another 2 wheel bike again !

I had stopped riding on two wheels quite a few years before my wife and I got together. When I started talking about wanting to get another bike my wife was all for it - EXCEPT - she made it very clear she was never going to ride on it - no way, no how. Then one day I spotted a Slingshot and just loved it so I asked my Sara "would you ride in that with me?" and she said yes

That was it - a few months later we were off to the dealer to bring home a shiny new red SL

As a side note she still won't ride in the Slingshot in the sun (she hates the sun) but thats okay she loves to run around town in the evening which is good enough for me. Also I can talk her into going on longer trips from time to time but for those I am required to throw on the MeanSling Sport top - - - Thats why I bought it 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• My wife feels the same way , she wanted a top for the slingshot, so I had 2 seasons without one but next season I will have one on just for her as it's on its way as I type.......

That's the beauty of the MeanSling - it spends most of the time hanging in my garage, but when Sara is ready to ride I can have it installed in under 10 minutes and then after we get home I can have it back off just as easily - - I love the openness way too much to ever have any top that didnt come off this easy or left some frame behind to block my view

this is how I love my top - - right where it belongs :)

i-FZVFDCd-X2.jpg

• That's the beauty of the MeanSling - it spends most of the time hanging in my garage, but when Sara is ready to ride I can have it installed in under 10 minutes and then after we get home I can have it back off just as easily - - I love the openness way too much to ever have any top that didnt come off this easy or left some frame behind to block my view

this is how I love my top - - right where it belongs :)

i-FZVFDCd-X2.jpg

Enough trips to the skin doctor you just might change your mind. I have done that (Doctor Visits) since 1982.

• When the Slingshot came out I was shopping for a Boss Hoss trike. I test drove a few and really liked them, but the Slingshot blew me away.

This is very similar to the one I was looking at, but I don't regret my decision.

• Enough trips to the skin doctor you just might change your mind. I have done that (Doctor Visits) since 1982.

with the helmet that California requires I get less sun in the Slingshot without a top than I do just taking care of my yard and walking down town. Never intentionally tanned, but I also have never used sun screen - - Went to a skin Dr just for a check a couple of years back he checked every place I couldn't see and everything was good - - considering our desert sun I guess I am just lucky

• with the helmet that California requires I get less sun in the Slingshot without a top than I do just taking care of my yard and walking down town. Never intentionally tanned, but I also have never used sun screen - - Went to a skin Dr just for a check a couple of years back he checked every place I couldn't see and everything was good - - considering our desert sun I guess I am just lucky

I knew a guy that did not have any until he hit 62 years old with all his life in the outdoors. That means nothing. I have been outside most of my life without sunscreen also on bikes since 1964. My hands are now white with scar tissue. I have been burnt, cut, froze and electrocuted (Burnt and scraped) with two face lifts as I call it in the process. The first skin cancer surgery was in 1982. If you manage to go thru life as you say, you will be VERY lucky not to have some skin cancer.

• I knew a guy that did not have any until he hit 62 years old with all his life in the outdoors. That means nothing. I have been outside most of my life without sunscreen also on bikes since 1964. My hands are now white with scar tissue. I have been burnt, cut, froze and electrocuted (Burnt and scraped) with two face lifts as I call it in the process. The first skin cancer surgery was in 1982. If you manage to go thru life as you say, you will be VERY lucky not to have some skin cancer.

Yup. I'm fairly dark skinned (Italian decent) and I had my first (and probably not my last) skin cancer when I was in my mid 40's.

• I knew a guy that did not have any until he hit 62 years old with all his life in the outdoors. That means nothing. I have been outside most of my life without sunscreen also on bikes since 1964. My hands are now white with scar tissue. I have been burnt, cut, froze and electrocuted (Burnt and scraped) with two face lifts as I call it in the process. The first skin cancer surgery was in 1982. If you manage to go thru life as you say, you will be VERY lucky not to have some skin cancer.

well, I'm of northern European decent with a fairly light complexion, 65 going on 66, and so far so good, :thumbsup:

Hell - my dad used to lay in the sun with baby oil on and he made it to 82 without any skin problems - - perhaps its a genetic thing

• Traded in the Softail Deluxe on the Slingshot. Kept the Sportie. Seems backwards but the Sportie is 23+ years old. The picture is blurry and does it no justice. The silver and black is beautiful and it looks and rides like showroom condition.

• I have ridden two wheelers since I was 14. My first two wheeler was a Cushman Eagle. I've had so many brands of motorcycles that I cannot remember them all. I had 4 Kawasaki Vulcans the last one being a 2009 1700cc Nomad which I rode for 60,000 miles which I traded for my first three wheeler a 2012 Can Am. Which I didn't like. (no leaning in turns) Like driving a car. Got rid of it in 2013. Did not ride again until a test drive in a 2018 Slingshot. Was sold immediately I purchased it on the spot. Ordered a top for it and after waiting for over 2 months for the top I canceled the order and visited my dealership to purchase a Slingshade. The salesman talked me into trading for a 2019 Grand Touring model with a Top. I have no regrets. I love my Grand Tourer. And by the way I turned 83 my last Birthday in November. And I am a Trump supporter and proud of it.

• I have ridden two wheelers since I was 14. My first two wheeler was a Cushman Eagle. I've had so many brands of motorcycles that I cannot remember them all. I had 4 Kawasaki Vulcans the last one being a 2009 1700cc Nomad which I rode for 60,000 miles which I traded for my first three wheeler a 2012 Can Am. Which I didn't like. (no leaning in turns) Like driving a car. Got rid of it in 2013. Did not ride again until a test drive in a 2018 Slingshot. Was sold immediately I purchased it on the spot. Ordered a top for it and after waiting for over 2 months for the top I canceled the order and visited my dealership to purchase a Slingshade. The salesman talked me into trading for a 2019 Grand Touring model with a Top. I have no regrets. I love my Grand Tourer. And by the way I turned 83 my last Birthday in November. And I am a Trump supporter and proud of it.

Giving us/me all hope canegrinder!

Keep Slingin’!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎