Double DIN - Splash Guard Installation

• My head unit is asking to attach a wire to the speed sensor. Any idea where that is located?

It should give you the option to continue without it. The vehicle speed sensor will only be helpful in large cities where the GPS signal can get lost while using your navigation system. I've not had this issue at all. But, I can check the service manual for it if you would like.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• This is what comes up on the screen.

Yes, if you hit the OK button it should not show up again unless you lose power to the stereo. Your GPS signal updates your location about once every second. Just like your stand alone Navigation units. The VSS wire updates continuously, so in tunnels and areas when you could lose signal the VSS will assist the navigation system. There are a lot of vehicles that you cannot tap a VSS signal from and/or the signal cannot be translated properly. So, the head units are made to function without it.

It could be for an "auto volume" feature.

That appears to be a Pioneer AVIC unit which in this case it does not have an "auto volume" feature.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I have purchased the splash guard, trimmed the front dash. How in the heck do you hook the switches up and install the two pins that hold the dash together (left and right of the start switch). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• I have purchased the splash guard, trimmed the front dash. How in the heck do you hook the switches up and install the two pins that hold the dash together (left and right of the start switch). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The 2 plastic pop rivets won't be used again after installation. I left the start button out for last as that and the holes on the sides of the dash will give you finger holes to help install the switches.

• Given the cost of parts (mostly the splash guard) coupled with the extra labor, the one below doesn't seem all that unreasonable.
    Polaris Slingshot Dash Kit - AudioDesigns CG Store

I ordered this last week and its on its way to Canada. I'll keep you posted on the install and will try to capture some install pics along the way. Sling is in the shop right now so I likely won't get started on the project till late August.

• I ordered this last week and its on its way to Canada. I'll keep you posted on the install and will try to capture some install pics along the way. Sling is in the shop right now so I likely won't get started on the project till late August.

FYI, I did eventually order it myself and installed it. It's very simple and looks like it should cost a lot less BUT it does fit very precisely.

• Looks Good! Does the cover fit over your Pioneer deck? I wasn't sure if the cover will fit over that unit with the control ledge at the bottom. I was considering the NEX series as well for my sling but was nervous about that control ledge. I ended up getting a used Parrot Asteroid SMART deck and rooting it so it all sits flush. If your cover fits nicely over your NEX deck I may consider switching..

• I ordered this last week and its on its way to Canada. I'll keep you posted on the install and will try to capture some install pics along the way. Sling is in the shop right now so I likely won't get started on the project till late August.

May want to start another DIY thread for that as this one is for a different product installation.

• Looks Good! Does the cover fit over your Pioneer deck? I wasn't sure if the cover will fit over that unit with the control ledge at the bottom. I was considering the NEX series as well for my sling but was nervous about that control ledge. I ended up getting a used Parrot Asteroid SMART deck and rooting it so it all sits flush. If your cover fits nicely over your NEX deck I may consider switching..

Sits right over and does sit flush (deck goes in first and dash kit slides over it)...It's an AVH deck not an NEX but I think they are dimensionally the same.