Heat Relief Options

• Has anyone here drilled or somehow put a vent hole in the tub area beside the factory exhaust? Last year I met a couple in Limon, CO. that had a very new Sling that they were taking on an extended trip. They were experiencing the usual discomfort from the heat into the passenger foot area. They had been to a dealer who simply drilled a 2-3" hole with a holesaw. They were very happy with the difference. Is it really that easy a fix, and why haven't I saw this as a fix here.

• Here is some pictures of when I posted “Mniron True Floorboard Vents” on the “other side” back in May 2015. I know you can still do this same install today for a reasonable price, $30-$40. I cannot find the same vents I used but the ones I did find are the same size.

• I should have been more specific on the topic. I lurk here everyday, absorbing every bit of info I can. The Sling I saw vented heat beside the wheel to the outside. It may have sucked air in at speed, I don't know. It didn't have anything to do with bringing in cool air to the cabin. Sorry for the confusion, and I appreciate all the engineering our members have put into their rides.

• I have seen this, yes. But the fix I saw was much simpler. It was a hole (2"?) directly beside the muffler, cut into the black plastic. It wasn't visible behind the wheel and didn't have any covers or shields. I have always wondered if it vented heat out or sucked cool air in. Don't know about the aerodynamic properties and how they work.

• Since I went with the Welter duals out the back, I have the two empty holes in the plastic from the now missing side exhaust. I was thinking of making two more holes on the left side and cover them with some screening to eliminate some of the engine compartment heat as well

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• So basically a side exit exhaust hole, only without the side exit exhaust... Just the hole...

Hmm... @SlingLow might be able to share as I think he had the alpha si exit and just went back to stock belly, but with cat delete thanks to @Trooper! :thumbup:

Not yet, but soon. My Alpha side exit is rattling something fierce and is totally annoying and embarrassing. I plan to pull it and temporarily install the stock exhaust with the cat delete. However, I have a 150 ft long gravel driveway and don't care for the downward exit of the stock exhaust. I have my sights set on the Welter side exit but at $850 it seems a little pricey for what it is. That being said, all of the feedback on this forum regarding quality and customer service from Welter and his team speak loudly to me. I also got the suggestion from @maverick5990 to get the Bassani side exit which is a little less $$. It uses a different hole location but that won't matter to me since in my ignorance, I pulled the tip off my Alpha to eliminate the rattle of the tip against the heat shield to determine if it is also rattling inside the can. It is, so I drove it up to the muffler shop to see if they can replace it (they can't or won't) and when I popped the hood I saw that I had melted down the side panel where the muffler exits just inside the hole (Doh!). So there will be a new side panel in my future which adds to the cost of getting back to what I already had. I could use some feedback on the removal and reattachment of the splash guards on the side panel from those who have done this. Or I could use the opportunity to get @StickerDick's fenders and lose the splashguards. Now my shitty Alpha setup has me up to a couple grand all in. Man, these 1st world problems suck!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Not yet, but soon. My Alpha side exit is rattling something fierce and is totally annoying and embarrassing. I plan to pull it and temporarily install the stock exhaust with the cat delete. However, I have a 150 ft long gravel driveway and don't care for the downward exit of the stock exhaust. I have my sights set on the Welter side exit but at $850 it seems a little pricey for what it is. That being said, all of the feedback on this forum regarding quality and customer service from Welter and his team speak loudly to me. I also got the suggestion from @maverick5990 to get the Bassani side exit which is a little less $$. It uses a different hole location but that won't matter to me since in my ignorance, I pulled the tip off my Alpha to eliminate the rattle of the tip against the heat shield to determine if it is also rattling inside the can. It is, so I drove it up to the muffler shop to see if they can replace it (they can't or won't) and when I popped the hood I saw that I had melted down the side panel where the muffler exits just inside the hole (Doh!). So there will be a new side panel in my future which adds to the cost of getting back to what I already had. I could use some feedback on the removal and reattachment of the splash guards on the side panel from those who have done this. Or I could use the opportunity to get @StickerDick's fenders and lose the splashguards. Now my shitty Alpha setup has me up to a couple grand all in. Man, these 1st world problems suck!

I got 4 pair left that i picked up today... ready to ship them on Monday!

• I too lost my alpha side exit due to poor workmanship. Got the 1320 exhaust and had my muffler man take it out the hole. Works great. No fumes or rattling. Believe me I know about rattling, there were three other slings with me and they told me to ride in back. But I will say that when this one gives out I’ll go with welter

Just SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Since I went with the Welter duals out the back, I have the two empty holes in the plastic from the now missing side exhaust. I was thinking of making two more holes on the left side and cover them with some screening to eliminate some of the engine compartment heat as well

You could put the style like the Buick side vents over them, if you could find some large enough