SSV Armrest Speakers

• I would like to hear from the ones who have the SSV armrest speaker pods. I do like the fact that they are ABS plastic and still have the mounting holes for the orignal hardware. Would like to hear from you guys and gals that might have them your pros and cons and what other speakers you have in them?

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• I just installed them, I need to go back and add some rubber edge trim and possibly some weather stripping as I am getting some vibrations with certain low end frequencies. Other than that they really fill out the sound in the cockpit!

• I got them a couple of weeks ago with the SSV speakers. I love them both. However, I also got the headrest SSV pods w/speakers and they are even better than the arm rest speakers. Regardless, I left the front speakers as OEM and you cannot hear them. Before I had the arm and headrest pods/speakers, I had to turn the radio up to around the 9-10 level. Now that I have them, 4-5 is plenty high. Installation was a bear as I had the SSV works rep on the phone for over and hour when wiring the speakers, amp, and radio.

I thing I would recommend that I got, was to get an amp for the arm speakers. The SSV amp is good and priced good.

• I got them a couple of weeks ago with the SSV speakers. I love them both. However, I also got the headrest SSV pods w/speakers and they are even better than the arm rest speakers. Regardless, I left the front speakers as OEM and you cannot hear them. Before I had the arm and headrest pods/speakers, I had to turn the radio up to around the 9-10 level. Now that I have them, 4-5 is plenty high. Installation was a bear as I had the SSV works rep on the phone for over and hour when wiring the speakers, amp, and radio.

I thing I would recommend that I got, was to get an amp for the arm speakers. The SSV amp is good and priced good.

I used a Clarion amp, and you are correct the installation was a bear

• LOL that was my brother, he's a mechanic on heavy equipment so I assume he is used to it. I am not, and I have to tell you my back and ribs are killing me!

Miller Time do you have any panel vibrations from the lower frequencies?

• I do not have any panel vibrations at all at any frequency from either the arm or headrest pods/speakers. On a side note, the arm pods/speakers were fairly easy to install, however, wiring the headrest pods/speakers thru the back panel and up the transmission to the head unit really sucked. Regardless of what the description says on the SSV works amp kit, it is not total plug and play. End result, it was worth it now that it is over.