Best Replacement Battery

• Just wanted to share you guys the replacement battery I just got today for my 2016 SS.

Here's the LINK.

I picked it up after work today, they charged it up and tested it for me before I left and even help me carry my dead battery and the new one! Really good customer service.

Those who are looking to get a replacement battery, I recommend looking into this one. It looks solid, has several good reviews and have the exact dimension as the old one. The best part is that it fits right into the holder!

I looked into the cycle springs bracket holder, but it seems like it's only for Optima battery. They can't seem to guarantee that it will fit any size 34 battery, but oh well.

The price is pretty decent compared to the battery from the dealership. They were asking $140-150, and the guy from the parts department doesn't seem to know much about the battery..

POS battery (left) GOOD battery (right)

Looks so much better than the old one!

Voila!

Started the SS, seems to start faster and more responsive. Back to the road!! :evil:

• So I have to ask....was the old one dead dead? If so it didn’t last very long.. any ideas why?

From having many motorcycles I know they lose water pretty fast.

• I think the old one finally died because of 3 reasons:

1. when I was working on LEDs, i drained my battery from constant turning on and off the ACC on. It went from 12.5 to 10.5. After charging with battery tender for 48 hours, I got it back to 12.5, but maybe it did some damage to the battery?

2. I hooked up my digital dash cam to the live wire from the neutrino box, which feed directly to the positive wire. The seller told me that the unit would shut off when it detects to 11v, but I forgot that I did some modification on wiring, so that feature wasn't even use. Left it hooked up, with the SS off over rainy weekend, came back on Monday with dead battery. Reading 4.5V, was able to charge to 6.5, but won't charge past it.

3. Had the shop tested the battery and showing 5% life span, and the shop where I got my battery double checked it and said it's dead. My SS usually sits in the garage all winter without using a battery tender, maybe it depleted over time cause it's 2016?

• The bracket assy. from Cycle Springs is for the full size batteries, the Group 25 - 26 and the 34. These three batteries are the same fisical size except for the length. The 26 which was stock size in the 2015's is 8 inch long with 550CCA --- the 25 is 9 inches long with with 720CCA in the AGM and the 34 is 10 inches long, I do not remember the CCA for it. I now have the Group 25 Optima AGM with the dual post for electrical add on's in my 2015 Slingshot.

• that's good to know @FunCycle I was getting different reviews when I did some research on those bracket so I emailed their sales team directly and couldn't tell me a direct answer. I was willing to get one with expedited shipping so I can get it by this weekend and install a BIGGER size battery.

Maybe when this new one dies.. who knows how long it will last? I'll have to be more careful with working on electronics and I need to install a battery jump port ASAP so I can keep this new battery charge this winter.. :thumbup:

• Not trying to start anything here, but my 2015 (took delivery Nov 2014) is still on the original battery. At this rate, when it's time to replace it, if I have enough time to wait, I'm leaning towards getting one from Polaris. 4+ years to a factory battery warrants consideration for one of them as a replacement one when needed

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• that's good to know @FunCycle I was getting different reviews when I did some research on those bracket so I emailed their sales team directly and couldn't tell me a direct answer. I was willing to get one with expedited shipping so I can get it by this weekend and install a BIGGER size battery.

Maybe when this new one dies.. who knows how long it will last? I'll have to be more careful with working on electronics and I need to install a battery jump port ASAP so I can keep this new battery charge this winter.. :thumbup:

You do not need to add a battery charging port just use the battery tender with an Accessary plug and plug in at the recpt. between the seats. Also if you install a battery with the dual post you can jump start by just removing the battery cover at the rear

• You do not need to add a battery charging port just use the battery tender with an Accessary plug and plug in at the recpt. between the seats. Also if you install a battery with the dual post you can jump start by just removing the battery cover at the rear

really? what kind of accessory plug do i need to buy? Is that how you have yours setup? Can you post a couple pics?

• Not trying to start anything here, but my 2015 (took delivery Nov 2014) is still on the original battery. At this rate, when it's time to replace it, if I have enough time to wait, I'm leaning towards getting one from Polaris. 4+ years to a factory battery warrants consideration for one of them as a replacement one when needed

i think mine would have last longer too, IF i didn't tinker with electronics too much.

• really? what kind of accessory plug do i need to buy? Is that how you have yours setup? Can you post a couple pics?

I do not do pictures, but the plug that you use is the same one that you use to charge your cell phone. The accessary plug between the seats is hot all of the time, the one in the glove compartment is a switched hot, only hot when the ignition switch is on. If you use the search function on the site you will find a few threads about charging the battery and also some pictures.

• You can get what we used to call a cigar lighter plug (now an accessory port plug) from the manufacturer of the Battery Tender. The receptical between the seats is always "hot". Plug in there, no need for any other connection.

2016 Bluefire LE, the fastest color. :D:BLUESS:

• Battery Degradation and Power Loss – Battery Education

Read about the inherent lose of power from sitting with all batteries.

The very first thing my dealer told me and they sold me was a battery tender to use when the SS sits without running for a few days....

My tender battery hookup is permanently mounted sticking out by the battery...

My SS sat outside all winter with it on and I haven't had any battery issues.....but I also have a real car battery not the pee pee motorcycle battery.

GM puts our motor in cars....and they don't use a motorcycle battery. Our motor is twice the size of a Harley.

Polaris used a motorcycle battery to save weight.....not to help you.

• Bought my dad a Kubota RTV 900 with the Diesel engine in 2007.
    We have replaced tires and one wheel during that time but only replaced the battery once in January of this year.
    That's about 11 years for one battery but didn't think buying another one from Kubota at there price, would get me the same service.
    My first replacement battery in my Slingshot was the optima yellow top that lasted about 11 months and gave up.
    Guess what I'm saying is its a crap shoot you can spend the money on the Optima battery or half that price on other brands either way it might not start when your ready to ride.

• Batteries are mysterious black boxes.......Some will last 8 years 'Some will last 6 months, You pay your money and you take your chances....The main thing to remember is no matter what the battery guy tells you....When you buy a new one is to Fully charge it yourself Before you put it in service ....

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Batteries are mysterious black boxes.......Some will last 8 years 'Some will last 6 months, You pay your money and you take your chances....The main thing to remember is no matter what the battery guy tells you....When you buy a new one is to Fully charge it yourself Before you put it in service ....

If it is a lead acid battery keep it full of distilled water, charged and the battery post clean.

• I had a brand new AGM motorcycle battery die on me after 3 years. Biggest culprit is letting it sit (especially in the chicago cold) not connected to my battery tender...

2015 Polaris Slingshot SL - Red Pearl

:REDSS::HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS:

Remember that our 2015's uses a full sized battery where with following years Polaris went to the "baby" sized batteries................

Bill

I made sure it’s fully charge before the install..

• i think mine would have last longer too, IF i didn't tinker with electronics too much.

Same for my stock battery. Lasted me 2.4 years. Too many stereo tinkering days and it sat for 2 months waiting parts while the wifi module from the air ride setup drained the battery. I didn't realize there was a small draw from the wifi kit used in the Rev Dynamics digital air ride sys. Going to need a battery tender in the future.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1