Coat Rear Axel to Prevent Rust

• Noticed today the inside of the hollow rear axle had light rust. Removed the Polaris wheel cap on the left side, then with a long rod pushed a rag coated with linseed oil thru till the inside was thoroughly covered. Linseed oil will dry and prevent further rust. Afterwards I will put a 1" cap from hardware store over that right side hole. I've used linseed oil around the farm to coat and prevent metal from rusting. Many other products will also work.

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• Noticed today the inside of the hollow rear axle had light rust. Removed the Polaris wheel cap on the left side, then with a long rod pushed a rag coated with linseed oil thru till the inside was thoroughly covered. Linseed oil will dry and prevent further rust. Afterwards I will put a 1" cap from hardware store over that right side hole. I've used linseed oil around the farm to coat and prevent metal from rusting. Many other products will also work.

Brand name Super Lube Spray is some of the best stuff out there to prevent rust on metal. The first time we used it we sprayed a ball bearing and set it on a shelf in the shop for over a year with no rust. It is also the only spray lube that I use anymore. I have used this product for around 20 years.