• Husband smoked for nearly 40 years, and I smoked for 17 years... we quit 4 years ago this coming July. I had the hardest time with it, I believe it took me a few falls off the wagon before I finally had my last smoke in August.
    Not that I still dont have a hard time with it... I would smoke again, if not for my husband. However, he has no desire at all for smoking. We took up vaping after a year of being totally nicotine free after a "bad day" and I had threatened to go get a pack of smokes. Thats the nutshell version of my nicotine addiction...

Now, This is our new "cigarette", we started out on the small ego disposable tanks, and graduated to the sub om tanks. Kangertech Subox.
    So, out of curiosity, I am wondering if any of you vape, what delivery system you use, if its satifying to you, and discussion of pros and cons.
    Pro: I dont have a "TB cough anymore"
    Con: I'm still introducing foreign substances into my body, therefore.. the effects are still unknown.
    Pro: its got to be better than 200+ carcinogens that a cigarette has..
    Con: Just as expensive

Thoughts??

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Proud of you both! Have an occasional real cigarette but have weaned off with the help of vaping. I use a sub-ohm tank unit also, a Halo Reactor.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• nice... i keep my setting on 20W, maybe 22W sometimes, with a 0.5om coil

cant handle the harshness of any higher settings

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• we did chantix for the weaning off.... steve didnt have any problems with it, but after a couple weeks of medication, I did. || Strangely enough, I would wake up for the day and stumble into the kitchen to find the mayo left out lid off, ham laid out, bread open on the bar =O .... i was getting up and eating and had no memory of it. steve and I were not married yet, still dating and I was the only one at home... i quit the stuff before i finished the script out.. no telling what else I was possibly doing... :huh:
    That urine stain in the carpet, I always blamed my cat for.... now I wonder. 8|

• we did chantix for the weaning off.... steve didnt have any problems with it, but after a couple weeks of medication, I did. || Strangely enough, I would wake up for the day and stumble into the kitchen to find the mayo left out lid off, ham laid out, bread open on the bar =O .... i was getting up and eating and had no memory of it. steve and I were not married yet, still dating and I was the only one at home... i quit the stuff before i finished the script out.. no telling what else I was possibly doing... :huh:
    That urine stain in the carpet, I always blamed my cat for.... now I wonder. 8|

I've personally known 2 people that took that stuff & it's BAD NEWS! Both had horrible nightmares & 1 has never been "exactly right" even after getting off of it. Would not recommend that drug to anyone...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Edited once, last by Tripod ().

• I was serious about quitting the smoking thing... Short termed the Chantix. It helped somewhat that insurance would not cover this cessation drug. Expensive if you got to pull from your pocket. Had a couple vivid dreams but nothing nightmarish. Know a few others that could not handle the Chantix. If vaping keeps her from bringing a cigarette back into this house then I guess I can do that. Took several breaks from cigarettes in the past. Will consider myself quit this time if I never take another puff before they throw dirt in my face. And that is my goal. I no longer have any desire for a cigarette but they probably got me a long time ago.

Public service announcement: If you don't smoke or vape... don't choose to start.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I also smoked for about 40 years, been vaping now for the last 6. Fortunately I have had no issues with returning to cigarettes. Started at around 20+ mg nicotine, but now down to 12 mg. Have had quite a few different e-cigs currently using the Kangertech Subox too. Just started building my own coils using the included RBA.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Ben Franklin)

2002 FatBoy FLSTF
    2016 Polaris Slingshot

• Wow... :huh: your pipe.... what happened to it :!::?:
    lol, it is a pretty rugged tank... had mine subox about a year now and steve bought one not too long ago cause his joytech variable temp/wattage box quit threading to the tank.
    We are down to 6mg.. started off at 24mg. I dnt play with the rebuildable coils, Im not that kind of techy and figure my face has been damaged enough by father time without me exploding a tank in it. you have to know what your doing to build them, I did have a co-worker build me some just to try out the RBG and I was scared really to even try those... lol but I did, and I dont know if it was his wire or what, but they didnt last very long (one day) before they got the burnt taste. I also couldnt turn up the wattage to 20 with those homemade coils... i could only do 12W or so. He may have not known what he was doing either... whichever the case, I just buy the coil at the vape shop. it lasts me about 2 weeks.

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• Don't smoke, although some of those vapors Smell good ( been around guys who use them) I have a BLU E-Cig my buddy gave me. Works for Newport, maybe starting today I'll start puffing...I need a bad habit! :D:whistling:

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Don't smoke, although some of those vapors Smell good ( been around guys who use them) I have a BLU E-Cig my buddy gave me. Works for Newport, maybe starting today I'll start puffing...I need a bad habit! :D:whistling:

@BONES Try saving some money by not spending it on mods...

Now there's a bad habit!

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Quitting smoking is easy. I've done it thousand of times. Chantix is my best friend when I start getting the urge to smoke. My wife Mamma T smokes and I will catch a drag off of hers and its downhill from there. I actually liked the dreams from the Chantix but I am a little off.

• A bit o/t but what fries my butt is that the drug stores limit the anti-smoking products to people over a certain age (depending on your state). There are plenty of kids in their early teens who may want to quit at that age, but by law can not buy the Chantix or whatever. talk about a BS law.

Ok, I'm done ranting, but damn, if these kids want help, let's allow them to buy it

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

those blu e cigs are like puffin air... i need something stronger!

• you're supposed to quit so you have MORE money to spend on mods!

Your tank is what we used for the longest... about 2 years. kangertech original and then the kangertech 2 (the one you can completely disassemble). They make durable quality products. Those tanks are my reason for staying with kangertech when i changed to sub om. What do you have your box set on?

• Your tank is what we used for the longest... about 2 years. kangertech original and then the kangertech 2 (the one you can completely disassemble). They make durable quality products. Those tanks are my reason for staying with kangertech when i changed to sub om. What do you have your box set on?

3.7, 12 mg Liquids Cafe Royle mixed with a dash of 12mg mocha cream. Had it for about a year now

• Your tank is what we used for the longest... about 2 years. kangertech original and then the kangertech 2 (the one you can completely disassemble). They make durable quality products. Those tanks are my reason for staying with kangertech when i changed to sub om. What do you have your box set on?

tank is KangerTech. also have an old eGo-Ctwist with a Bangor mini- just a back up if my big one fails