• Well, this a strange story.....unless you know me (nothing is strange in my world). I am not s smoker...tried really hard, but couldn't stand the headaches. My wife is the smoker and is working on cutting back, so I researched the E-Ciggs, and found out just how much Dis-information the tobacco industry is pumping out to keep people from going the vaping route!!! I frequented some forums and also found some super helpful info and advice on Phil Busardo's website: Tasteyourjuice.com
    Anyways, I wanted to get the best vaping device and juice for my wife, so I researched everything!!
    I ended up getting her started with an Innokin iTaste V3 and Aspire BDC Glassomizer tanks. Then I ordered a bunch of different flavors and Nic strengths until we hit on what she liked the most. Started out with Cinnablaze from Vapor4Life, and grew from there. The odd part is that I don't smoke, but I've always had thing for flavored cigars and flavored pipe tobaccos. So while researching for the wife, I ended up finding devices and e-juices that I really like (zero Nic for me). I find myself enjoying the vape more than my wife does!! It's all about flavor and watching my cloud as I relax my brain once in a while in the office, and at home. The wife has cut back on smoking by about 50% (any reduction is better than nothing!!), and she has moved from the Cinnablaze to a custom e-juice I created on Gourmet Vapor's website (Creamy Berry Goodness). Here is what we have for devices and e-juices:
    Devices:
    Innokin iTaste V3.0 variable watt & volt with an Aspire BDC Glassomizer (wife uses this exclusively)
    Vapor 4 Life Vapor Zeus E-Cigar with large Smilomizers
    Stingray 18650 Tube Mod with Kanger Sub Tank using .5ohm coils
    Innokin Arachnid 1860 Tube Mod with Aspire Atlantis Sub Tank using .5ohm coils

E-Juices:
    Vapor 4 Life: Cinnablaze. (Wife said this was the closest thing to real cinnamon for her)
    Gourmet Vapor: Creamy Berry Goodness. You can create your very own e-juice on this site, and it's really good. I use it in my Arachnid, and the wife switched over to this after she got tired of the cinnamon.
    NicQuid: Strawberry. This is hands down the closest thing to biting into a real strawberry that I've found yet. even the smell from the bottle makes you think your holding a nice juicy strawberry!!
    Vapor 4 Life: Blueberry. This is the closest to real blueberry flavoring that I've found for myself.

Here are some pics of a Vape Case I built, and the wife did the wood burning.

• Here's a shot of my devices. Each one has it's own flavor, so I pick and choose what sounds good at the time. The wife did the wood burning on the Zeus stand I made.

Images

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Wow... :huh: your pipe.... what happened to it :!::?:
    lol, it is a pretty rugged tank... had mine subox about a year now and steve bought one not too long ago cause his joytech variable temp/wattage box quit threading to the tank.
    We are down to 6mg.. started off at 24mg. I dnt play with the rebuildable coils, Im not that kind of techy and figure my face has been damaged enough by father time without me exploding a tank in it. you have to know what your doing to build them, I did have a co-worker build me some just to try out the RBG and I was scared really to even try those... lol but I did, and I dont know if it was his wire or what, but they didnt last very long (one day) before they got the burnt taste. I also couldnt turn up the wattage to 20 with those homemade coils... i could only do 12W or so. He may have not known what he was doing either... whichever the case, I just buy the coil at the vape shop. it lasts me about 2 weeks.

I've dropped it a few times, lol. The whole coating is cracking like an egg shell, but it still works like a champ. As far as the rebuild-able coils there's really no chance of them exploding. It's the batteries that are the concern there. I'm still on my first coil after about two weeks, .7 ohms @ 25 watts, nice and smooth.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Ben Franklin)

2002 FatBoy FLSTF
    2016 Polaris Slingshot

• Can't remember a nightmare in my life until I tried Chantix to quit. Would wake up sweating, scared shitless or wakeup from extreme violent act and saw my wife sleeping next to me. That was it, done with that crap. Still trying to quit, must have got the wrong vaping stuff, would give me a dry sore throat so I quit those. Anyone experience that? I should try something previously mentioned here.

• Can't remember a nightmare in my life until I tried Chantix to quit. Would wake up sweating, scared shitless or wakeup from extreme violent act and saw my wife sleeping next to me. That was it, done with that crap. Still trying to quit, must have got the wrong vaping stuff, would give me a dry sore throat so I quit those. Anyone experience that? I should try something previously mentioned here.

Sorry to hear about your dry hits brother!! Your vaping experience can definitely be better!!! It all depends on what device you were vaping, if it had adjustable voltage/wattage capabilities, what type of tank you were using, what type of e-juice (PG/VG ratio & Nic level). I would also recommend that you steer clear of the pre-packaged e-cigs. You will not find any of them satisfying or flavorful enough to want to stick with them. I have zero doubt that if you can be outfitted with the right vaping device and e-liquid, you'll simply love it!!!! I recommend starting with some research. Go to Tasteyourjuice.com and spend some time reading and watching the excellent informational things on that site. That guy really helped me make some intelligent choices, pus it cut down my failure rate immensely. Hope this helps ya get started in the right direction @SlingJockey!!! If I can help even more, feel free to PM me!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I spent time in a vape lounge before I decided- threw away a lot of juice in the beginning- tasted good for a bit- but got way too sweet, when all I wanted was a menthol cig at the time. What I mix up now is a coffee flavor- supposed to taste like Starbucks, and the mocha cream gives it a hint of sweet. Never did the Chantix- Kaiser out in northern CA will not prescribe it, due to side effects. About 3 weeks into the quit, I was still smoking about 3 a day, (down from over a pack).....
    I could go back to them in a heartbeat- but even the cheap ones are $40 a carton here, and I am too damn cheap (excuse me- fiscally responsible........... wait- I own a slingshot- nix that.....)
    Anyway- if I buy them again- I would smoke again- so that is out. Roadog1aj is right- the little ones that look like fake cigs taste horrible........ PM him- he knows what he is talking about

• Holly Cow A-DOG, You got some talents you and your woman..And All this time I just thought you knew how to wax and make Yeast/ Carb eats....I have been proved wrong once again!!

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Holly Cow A-DOG, You got some talents you and your woman..And All this time I just thought you knew how to wax and make Yeast/ Carb eats....I have been proved wrong once again!!

Thanks Brother! I just goof ass around with stuff, cuz I can't sit still for more than two minutes at a time. The wife is truly gifted with her artistic talents.
    Hey!!!.......I just now noticed......I think you've made slingshotinfo.com history!!!!.....you just completed a very long sentence with out one DAMN!!!!.......Ok, what's wrong, my friend.....you upset about something....you're not bound up, or got a fart caught crossways, or something like that??? Please tell me you're not all DAMNED out!!!!! Oh the humanity!!!!

Edited once, last by roadog1aj ().

• @SlingJockey the thicker the liquid(the higher pg level, for me in my tank I have to keep it below 75% pg) the hotter the coil needs to be, or higher wattage I should say.. the "pen-like" puffers don't get hot enough for that kind of juice. Which will in turn, give you that burnt hit. And quite the opposite as well, if your wattage is too high, you get the burnt throat hit. It is different from a cigarette, in how you inhale, depending on your system. Sub oms are meant to be inhaled straight to lungs. Whereas, 1.0 oms and higher are inhaled to mouth first then to lungs... I find that different fluids need different settings depending on its vg pg percentage, and thickness. Also found that higher nicotene levels reduce the flavoring and give that harsher throat hit.... I don't care for that at all. I prefer to stick with vanilla flavored juices, creamy juices and such.. to avoid that too sweet or too harsh taste.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• @Cameron Roberts is experienced in this field as well! Maybe he can chime in his 9 cents! Do you use tobacco products in these things??

Nah it's all flavored liquids. You can get the more fun liquids at your local Washington state or Colorado shops. Oh I believe they have the fancy juice at a local "pharmacy" near you STYLN. You need a permission slip though.

• I try not to let my forum friends know but I quit smoking cold turkey. It was very easy after the laryngectomy. I use an electrolarynx after several failed implants. I know that no external influence will change the determination to quit, that is only in your own mind.

Home of the free - because of the brave

• I try not to let my forum friends know but I quit smoking cold turkey. It was very easy after the laryngectomy. I use an electrolarynx after several failed implants. I know that no external influence will change the determination to quit, that is only in your own mind.

That sounds like a very powerful motivator.

• Currently, Jerry Brown is sitting on a bill, awaiting his signature- raising vaping age to 21..............
    you can die for your country, but might not be allowed to vape............ X(X( I can't believe this state at times

not only does that not make any sense.... but the FDA is pushing to regulate vape juices as a nicotine product. Which means paying the cigarette tax...

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• If you follow the money....it all comes back to the Tobacco industry dumping money into the politicians they have in their pockets. All the negative articles, and so called "studies", etc. have been funded by them (including these idiotic laws that are being drummed up). There have been some very good articles by well respected medical professionals that go against the "industry" and show that vaping is not in the same universe as tobacco products, and has the best proven record for helping people cut down, and/or quit smoking completely. Smoking and vaping are two different beasts. Vaping has it's goods and bads as well, but informed people can make good decisions about the products they use for vaping. Many e-juice manufacturers use only top food grade ingredients, and the best packaging for their products. They will also have chemical information posted or available to you on their web sites. I do not buy any e-juice products that is produced outside the USA, and those companies must also get their base ingredients from inside the USA as well. Just remember......you might not be smoking, but you are still inhaling something in the vapors.....make sure you know what it is, and are comfortable with it. I'm 100% against tobacco from the tobacco industry!!!! (Natural tobacco does not have all the carcinogens added to it, so I have no issue with homegrown tobacco products) So if vaping can help some people move away from smoking....it's worth trying out. I also agree with @Cape Sling.....quitting completely is THE best answer, but not everyone can do it that way. So healthy vaping is a viable alternative, since you can also start out with a higher Nic level, and lower the level over time, until, hopefully you are at zero Nic!!!

• As far as a "safer alternative" goes, my thoughts are this: it has to be the lesser of two evils, however its still introducing foreign substances into mucus membranes that im suppose could cause residual residue buildup on lungs just as it does in our tanks... because this form of "smoking" is new as in last 5 or 6 years, the research is limited, and studies are ongoing.

Remember when we were told tanning beds was the safer alternative to sun exposure? They retracted that nearly 20 years later, and now say tanning beds is 10xs worse than the sun.

I dont know what Im doing to my lungs, my body by vaping, but I dont have the Smokers cough anymore, my clothes dont stink, my car smells better... and vaping has less chemicals than cigarettes. Thats the only facts I have. I just expect vaping to somehow turn out like tanning beds did. But..... everything causes cancer. We are a society that eats, drinks, bathes, works, lives, with carcinogens daily...
    We all know of people who never drank or smoked, or did drugs, and was in church every sunday that died with cancer. Damned if you do, damned if you dont, so why not enjoy...

I fully agree it is all in your mindset... Quitting smoking was/is the hardest thing Ive ever tried/trying to do. Everyday, Id like to light up a Marlboro Light. They still smell good to me. Im still not quit, as in, i havent had a smoke in nearly 4 years, but consider it an option that I could.... as long as its an option, i havent quit.