The Reply Buttons Explained
    Sharing a Post in another Thread
    Site Map and Auto Scroll
    Using Quote Feature
    insert a link into a post or quote

Insert a link
    How to copy a Website Link and Insert in Post or quote
    Create a Scheduled Event for Local Group Ride

Information is based on computer use, smart devices will be covered later. Folks, while researching for this Thread, I found a wealth of knowledge that has been here for a while under the heading of Rules and Guidelines. I will place the Link and we will refer to the post that will be covered. This thread will explain how to use the buttons and feature of our Website. We will start with the Profile Control Panel. I will explain and show the key points. If you are using the default Website Style, the Profile Control Panel is visible when you click on your User Name located in the Top Left Corner, . Let's get started.

Rules and Guidelines
    Located under Forum Button Down the Page about half way. Site Information and Site News Section

Frequently Asked Questions

• When you become a member, you complete a profile, with a min of information required. Once you become a member and you log in, your User name will appear at the top left corner of the home page. A new Members should click on their name and the Profile control panel will appear, then customize the things they want to see and show. Below you will see some of the items that can be controlled.
    The first thing is My Profile, you can view what is posted for your profile from what you previously completed to become a member. If you want to change or add information, click on Edit Profile. This is a thread that you can Reply with questions. Remember, when you change or add information, click on the Submit Button for all to be updated.

• Your part as a member is to view the Profile Control Panel and review all the buttons starting with the My Profile and then use the Edit Profile to make the changes you find will help others know who you are and where you live. Check the User map and if you want to change the map location, you can. You do not have to have your true address, just a close location. For instance, your Birthday can be shown or not with the click of a button. I will let you go through all the buttons and options, if questions, reply to this thread and you will get more detail. Most all the options are clear and self explanatory. You may say, "I did not know that I could change that". We are going to explore all areas of our website and I invite our Administrators and Moderators to help with anything they can add or explain.

• New Members, the Notifications button, located next in line form the User Name, will be a location you will get familiar with very quickly. This is where you will get indications that someone has responded to your Post or someones thread you are watching. You have a lot of control over what notifications come to your. Notifications are indicated by a small number, 1,3,4, ect, indicating the number of Replies or new post. You have full control, so click on the notifications button and review all the options and select the values that are best for you.
    Now is a time to review your notification settings, they are all defaults when you become a members, so you may not want emails with all notifications. Keep in mind, you have to click the Submit button at the bottom, that is the only way your selections will be saved.

• I will first cover features that will impact you the most for quick knowledge to gain speed for working with members, posting and Replying.
    First thing most new Members do is read threads of interest and try to find things of interest for you. If you want to find information about a subject, the search box is a good way to start. The Search All Forums is located in upper right corner and you must click more options to start search. Now all words use will be found. Use one word subject for best results. If you want to know something about the battery. Type is subject, "Battery" only. You will come up with everything with battery in the text. Look at the filters and you can narrow down the search using options. Now once you find a thread of interest, bookmark the thread Post by clicking on the Push Pin Icon at the bottom of post. Bookmarks, is in the ribbon below the Cover Logo "Slingshotshotinfo.com and the Panda. Create bookmarks to quickly retrieve a post that is important for future views. Clicking the Bookmarks Button will give a list of your Book Marks.
    Searching is a powerful tool to use when you do not know where a post or thread of interest is located, so do some test searches and see how it works. Play with the filters for better results. Good Luck!

Search All Forums, upper right

Notice you only see the Bookmarks Ribbon in Forum Page where you are looking at threads.

• Now we are starting to cook with grease on the big burner. Our base is starting to take a solid foundation. The next big feature you want to work with is the Forum page. This is where all the Threads live and will have your subjects of interest. The Forum pages are grouped into Main topics. As you can see under the Forum Page are a number of buttons, starting with Unread Post, watched threads and so on. You should click on each of these buttons and get familiar with each for what it gives you. Let's Start with the Unread Post.

You will notice a blue dot, this indicated you have not read the post. If you are not interested in reading or you just want to get it off your list, hover your cursor over the avatar and the instructions will tell you to double click to mark as read. If you want to get rid of all and mark as All read, click the box in lower right that says Mark all as read box. The List will go away next time the visit the area. So if you want your page clean, read the post that pertain to you through your profile filter. If you don't want all of it, then narrow down your profile filter of notifications. Start playing around with it and you will see the results. This is one of the first things you will want to master.

Next is the Watched Threads, this is going to be important for you. This will be the area that will keep you informed with the threads you are following. As you post on threads you will be updated on your Watched Threads every time something happens on those threads. The more threads you post on the more you will have in this area. Now If this gets too much you can unwatch all by clicking the Unwatch all button at the bottom right side of page. Also, you will see a number of the Watched Threads and they will be marked with a blue dot. You can make any by double clicking on the avatar for the one you want to stop. Posting or replying is how you get this on your list. Learn how to control this and you will be much more happy. We are going to get you to that point, just keep following. I am learning as I go, I do not know all the answers, so will have to have help sometimes, I know it will come and be welcomed.

Now your homework assignment is to click on each of the buttons and become familiar with what they do. Mark your threads as watched and see how it all works for you. More knowledge will make this better for you and the members that follow your actions.

• When you click on the Form Button, here is a list of the Main Areas for our Discussion areas. The workhorse area of our Website. The Folder below are divided in areas of interest. Get familiar with each area and this will help you decide which area is best for your thread. Always check by searching the subject to see if your question or concern can be answered by an already created thread. Here is a look at the different areas. I will leave it to you to explore the remaining areas of the Forum Page. One more thing, go all the way to the bottom and you can click the "Users Online" and see who is looking at what Threads. This is interesting if you have a thread to see who is looking at it. We all do it and gives us a little more fill for where we are with our subject. You see how many members have viewed our website. Don't be afraid to explore our website, you can not hurt anything or mess up anything.

• New Members, I am using this Thread to help steer you to information that has already been posted on this Site to help with most of the features. I will cover things that have not been Posted. You can always ask questions and I will try to answer your question or find who can answer it.

• Sometime you may want to attach a photo to your Post. This will require you to have the photo located on your computer for upload to the Post. I will address Ipad devices in another post. If you are not sure of how to get the Photo file from your camera to your computer, this will have to be another lesson or you should seek help. Our lesson here is that the photo is in a folder on your computer.
    Now, you click on the attachments at the bottom left of the message body. An Upload button will appear. You click on the upload button and your Computer File Folders will appear. You select the folder and open, then select the Photo File for attachment. Click open and it will start uploading to the message area. I have several aids to show some of the detail you will see as you progress through this operation.
    Example of Photo upload.

• New members you will notice we have a Reply Button at the top of a Thread Subject. You will also find one at the end of the comments of the thread. Which one to click. I have found both Reply buttons will give you a reply message box at the the Thread. I thought they were different at first, but found they both work the same. I had posted earlier that I thought they were different. I was in error, so this is a correction. The Reply Button will give you a comment box to reply to the Thread Discussion. If you want to comment on a Members comment int the thread, use the Quote Feature. Check Table of contents for link to that feature instruction. Attention @EjFord

• Sometime you will be in a discussion on a thread and you know another Thread that had a Post that would help with the discussion and you want to introduce it. Here is information about sharing Post or Threads. It will be helpful to a discussion. This is why it is a good idea to make a practice of Bookmarking great information. It is hard to find things when you want them quick. Next time, be a hero and use your many bookmarks to your advantage. Bookmarks will allow you to go directly to the post of interest. You can also place a descriptive note. Your homework assignment is to make some bookmarks, all of you. It is a great tool. Let's also share important information that will help another thread.

• @rabtech this should be a section onto itself so each sub topic can be its own thread with its own life

Perhaps a PC vs Android vs iPhone vs App layout

• The feature discussed here is the Site Map and the Auto Scroll button located at the top of a Thread and on the right side. Each is easy to under stand and my Attachment will help explain. I hope all will try these feature at least once to see if it is something that will help. I use the Auto Scroll Down Arrow a lot when I want to make a post to a discussion. I have not used the Site Map that much, but will start looking at how it will help me. Looks like it may be quicker to get to a section quickly without leaving a thread.

• Sometimes you want to display a post under someones post message and not just reply to the thread like a comment. To do this, go to the bottom of the post and just to the right of edit button is the "Quote" Pencil icon, click on it. A black Quote box will display in the bottom right hand side of your screen. Click it and you will get the Quote of the member to display in a box, Just click the bottom button, display all quotes and you will see the screen to advance to a reply area, with your cursor at the bottom of the quote, ready for you to type your response to the members comment. Don't forget the Submit button. Now this can really get complicated when several members keep quoting, I loose it trying to follow too many quotes, so let's be cautious of this. Also, you can use the edit toolbar at the top of the Message to select color to set your post apart. You can also attach images or links to help with your comment for a quote. Also look at the Back Arrow in the toolbar to remove your last entry. If is helpful if you made an error and just want to go back to the point you started. I suggest you play with the toolbar and find out what all the buttons do, to help your Post display how you want to communicate your thoughts. Font Size, Font Color, images and links. Most all is easy to understand if you just try them. If you do not understand something, then ask and we can develop instructions to better explain an edit function. Now go forth and bear fruit, Quote! If you want to just comment to the Thread discussion, then just click reply button

• Sometimes you want to display a post under someones post message and not just reply to the thread like a comment. To do this, go to the bottom of the post and just to the right of edit button is the "Quote" Pencil icon, click on it. A black Quote box will display in the bottom right hand side of your screen. Click it and you will get the Quote of the member to display in a box, Just click the bottom button, display all quotes and you will see the screen to advance to a reply area, with your cursor at the bottom of the quote, ready for you to type your response to the members comment. Don't forget the Submit button. Now this can really get complicated when several members keep quoting, I loose it trying to follow too many quotes, so let's be cautious of this. Also, you can use the edit toolbar at the top of the Message to select color to set your post apart. You can also attach images or links to help with your comment for a quote. Also look at the Back Arrow in the toolbar to remove your last entry. If is helpful if you made an error and just want to go back to the point you started. I suggest you play with the toolbar and find out what all the buttons do, to help your Post display how you want to communicate your thoughts. Font Size, Font Color, images and links. Most all is easy to understand if you just try them. If you do not understand something, then ask and we can develop instructions to better explain an edit function. Now go forth and bear fruit, Quote! If you want to just comment to the Thread discussion, then just click reply button

It works if you follow Sam's directions....

• Here is a feature that can be of great value in your Post to threads or Quotes to members comments. A discussion may be going on that you have a link on the internet for the subject that will help with the discussion. Here is how you insert that link in your post. First you have to copy the Link Address. One way to do that is to bring up the website then go to the Address box and highlight the https address and then right click and copy. Get all of the address from https to the very end. Now the address link is on your computer clipboard ready to paste in the body of your message at the point you select with your cursor. You can do it another way if you want just a Text Link to appear with text you want to select. Click on the chain Link icon in the tool bar, click on insert link. paste Link address in the URL box and then type the text you want to appear for the Link. It will appear as blue text, short and sweet. Try it next time you want to direct someone to a link. Watch out for using real log URL Address, find and use the short ones only.