MeanSling Sport Top and rain?

• @War Hoop the request goes out to all parties.

To your point about rain gear. This top was developed in a region that has it's fair share of rain but not enough to force the riding in it. This is a problem for any company developing products. Trying to make sure it works for all environments. Rain was always a part of the design but never was the driving force for it's final form. As many have noted there is just no way to keep rain out with a fully open vehicle. I choose to optimize it's function around 4 key elements. (1) easy to operate and remove
    (2) optimized shade protection
    (3) realistic , affordable price point
    (4) high speed wind management

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Ok, You all have my attention now.

I think we all have our days when we post stuff that isn't on topic or isn't helpful.

Can I make a suggestion....

#1. Lets try our best to keep it on topic.

#2. Like my dad told me.... If you have nothing useful to contribute to a subject , then don't open your mouth.

And finally,,,, If you just have something that would be funny or make someone smile if it were posted....(you all know these kind of post when you see them) follow rule #3

#3. If your posting something that could be taken as a smart ass remark that you think is humorous please put a smiley face or at least a LOL at the end of it. I can assure you it will always default to being taken as a smart ass remark if you don't specify it as being funny.

Now lets put this back to sleep and get back on topic.

Unlike the other forum...... This forum has an admin that cares about the members and what they post. I can assure you I may not read every post or every thread but I am available 24 hours a day to take care of our forum.

• I guess that's my cue to read and not post anymore :evil::evil::evil:

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I'm waiting to hear from you Patrick...

We've got stuff to talk about.

I know, was thinking about it this morning....
    I just have a lot going on at the moment with the day job. Have SEMA and knee deep in getting vehicles and product ready. I am taking a week off next week for the Petit LeMans so I'll have some time to talk then.

• Man @Ruptured Duck, I wish I could get down to SEMA - I've never attended. That looks like a whole lotta Jeep. Enjoy your time off and we'll talk whenever it's convenient (you know I'm going to ask about your name).

This will be year number 14. Just want to get through this week for a little down time at the race. I actually have a Porsche Driving Experience drive on Saturday at the Atlanta headquarters in a Cayman. It was a birthday gift from March. 90minutes with an instructor will be fun.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• This will be year number 14. Just want to get through this week for a little down time at the race. I actually have a Porsche Driving Experience drive on Saturday at the Atlanta headquarters in a Cayman. It was a birthday gift from March. 90minutes with an instructor will be fun.

had a similar gift when I was married .... well except it was a Toyota minivan rental and my then wife and mother in law sat in the back seat proving "instructions" on how best to navigate Chicago rush hour traffic - well maybe it wasn't similar or a gift after all

Tear up that track sir - hope you have a blast

• My thoughts entirely! :)
    Actually, to be more specific, minimizing the water entering the cabin to keep water from pooling in the slot of the seat bottoms................... :S

Bill

Good news! 30 miles on the Interstate doing 60-65 MPH, light to moderate rain, chest area got wet but lower areas remained drier. In fact I could have gotten away with not wearing my rain pants and would have got damp at most. And the best part, I didn't end up sitting in a puddle of water!!! :D

Bill

• Oh, and I must admit that I was being particularly cautious on the highway, making real gentle maneuvers, for this is the worst time of the year to have the SlingShot on wet roads after an extended period of no rain to wash off the oils that have accumulated. I am very happy to report that the Grasshopper did well remaining firmly gripped to the road. :)

Bill

• @War Hoop the request goes out to all parties.

To your point about rain gear. This top was developed in a region that has it's fair share of rain but not enough to force the riding in it. This is a problem for any company developing products. Trying to make sure it works for all environments. Rain was always a part of the design but never was the driving force for it's final form. As many have noted there is just no way to keep rain out with a fully open vehicle. I choose to optimize it's function around 4 key elements. (1) easy to operate and remove
    (2) optimized shade protection
    (3) realistic , affordable price point
    (4) high speed wind management

1,2,3 & 4 - - seems like it was optimized just for me :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yesterday I spent part of the afternoon zipping around the back roads in our area, just having some fun. A noticeable issue was that with the recent snow that we have been receiving, there was lots of gravel laid down on the still wet roads. Obviously, this slowed me down a bit, (prolly not a bad thing!), but this morning I went to clean up the SlingShot and noticed that the windshield was dirty on the inside? Then looking around the whole inside of the passenger compartment appeared to be covered? Expanding my inspection the back deck was also covered, as well as the back third of the top, (behind the tallest support?) It appears that the dirty road spray was being sucked forward off of the rear, something that I had not noticed when riding topless? I am not complaining, just sharing an observation. :)

Looks like another great day in the making for more riding before the rain/snow starts again, maybe I will put off the cleaning until later? :thumbsup:

Bill

• this doesn't surprise me the window and top block the airflow and create a vacuum

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies