Guide rails for easier loading of trailers

• Ever since I put 18" x 9.5" wheels on the front of my sling it has made getting into my trailer a challenge with about 1" clearance on ether side of the wheel wells. I have beat the crap out of the edges of my rims.
    Having them powder coated would cost another $250 and it will only happen again. I have seen rim protectors on a few slings so I started my search. I found a product called Rim Ringz they are a little pricey but unlike the products that are peel and stick these are reusable. They look pretty good, mounting is solid so hopefully I won't rip them off going into the trailer. I do recommend spending the $10 to buy the installation tool - makes install and removal very easy. They hid all the damage.

@ericastar76 these bad boys will definitely hide most of the scuffs you acquired on track day.

DSCF2592.JPGDSCF2593.JPGDSCF2594.JPGDSCF2595.JPG

@MACAWS

Dunno 'bout this... just an idea... from auto car washes...
    or if it would be something you would want to try.

Round stock guide rails in any configuration...

Two rails inside of tire edges, or two rails outside of tire edges, or two rails inside/outside of single tire... with bent pipe entrance.

Two inch pipe, bolt mounted direct to floor?

Thoughts everybody?

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• @airoutlaw

I have given that some consideration maybe even some 1" x 2" strips on the floor as a guide
    It doesn't take much to get off track once you are between the wheel wells. I have tried a few things including a string to use as guide - just so hard to see the wheel without leaning out of the seat.

But please keep those ideas coming!

Thank you

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @airoutlaw Guide rails are the cats meow.
    I,ve sometimes been accused of being a little bit backwards eh ? but when I built that hydraulic drop deck trailer to take my sling to SSITR 2017 there wasn't much room to spare to get past the rams at the fenders . So I figured why not just back the narrow ass end up past there. I used a length of 2 1/2 '' angle iron for a rail on either side of the back tire , just turned it over and layed it open on face on deck so the sides were a 45 degree angle up either side . I placed them about 30 '' wide apart at entrance to trailer then angled them right back to just the outside width of the rear tire where it parked in a V shaped configuration. Once I got trustworthy I could just back into them and just be in the 30 wide mouth and keep right on going , the tire upon striking either side would just ride about halfway up the 2 1/2 '' angle on the 45 and slide right back down , moving over, as it backed up. I never even had to use a mirror or look back , just simply watch your front tires follow the self centering back tire in and steer right or left to keep the front following you in , in place . Its so easy to watch the front drivers side follow you in and just steer it wherever you need it to keep the front drivers side tire where it needed to be and just keep backing up. the rails will ride your rear tire to wherever it needs to be till its final resting spot . And the best part , you can unload burning rubber if you like ! too easy !

• @MACAWS do you drive on trailer or winch. Some people may say something but I will winch every time. I made my controller wire long enough to be outside and walk beside to make sure don’t hit fender. Works for me.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• @MACAWS do you drive on trailer or winch. Some people may say something but I will winch every time. I made my controller wire long enough to be outside and walk beside to make sure don’t hit fender. Works for me.

JUST SAYIN

I drive it in.
    My lower splitter makes winching a bit of a chore so I have it set up for those Oh crap moments when I can't drive it in. I have a thread somewhere showing the set up
    if it was more convenient I would winch every time.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!