Twist Dynamics sway bar

• Hi Kev:

I am hoping you can help me out here

As a vendor who sells the Twist Dynamics sway bar can you tell me what the torsional stiffness is for the three different settings equals? On your site and also on the Twist site it is only listed as being +/- 650 lbs/in - I would think that this is the inner most setting and that the other 2 are not as stiff but I cant find any place that tells me what the other holes equal - I know I did not purchase this through all things slingshot, but you are the only vendor who participates here on this forum that I know sells this item I am hoping that this is something you know or can find out for me :D

here is a picture of the end of the bar showing the three end link mounting holes for adjusting it

also will the stock end link bolts be long enough to install this - it is much thicker than the stock sway bar and if I am going to need longer bolts I would like to pick them up before I start my install

Thank you

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• The stock links will work

• had a nice chat today with some people from twist. they have now posted the stiffness rating for each of the three settings on their web site. Also aparently longer bolts should have been included with my sway bar and they are overnighting them to me

here is the updated info from their page

• had a nice chat today with some people from twist. they have now posted the stiffness rating for each of the three settings on their web site. Also aparently longer bolts should have been included with my sway bar and they are overnighting them to me

here is the updated info from their page

how do those figures play into your setup

• how do those figures play into your setup

Thats a good question and I wont be able to tell you until after I get it installed and then get some real miles in the twisty's - right now all I have are numbers

Talking to the people at Twist today they said the stock end links are to be used with the end holes. Adjustable links are needed for the other settings.

This is all fine with me because I am pretty sure the end holes will be more than stiff enough for anything I will ever want to do, a good amount stiffer than stock

As a side note I am not sure how they got those number that they are now posting. Today I measured the sway bar and plugged the numbers into an online sway bar calculator and I came up with 688.5 for the end hole which seems more reasonable considering they originally said it was 650 lbs/in +/-

here is the calculator sway bar calculator I used and the measurements of the bar - active bar length as they say to measure it is 38.75 to 39 inches and the holes are exactly 8, 9 & 10 inches from the center of the active bar with the outer diameter being 1.25in. its a solid bar so the inside diameter is 0

and a screen shot

The people who have this bar seem to be very happy with it so I have no reason to think I will not be, but in the end I will only know after I know :)

• just for kicks this is from this online calculator sway bar rate calculator and hits almost exactly on the 650 lbs/in for the first hole - its interesting that even with the same input the 2 calculators come up 30 lbs different - makes me wonder if the numbers given by manufactures are much more than a general guided line - do they actually measure their bars or do they just calculate it using some formula?