Photo Competition #1 - Your Slingshot at a National Park or Monument

• So I've been working on getting a photo competition going and was given the green light by @rabtech to go ahead and get one started so we can see if there would be any interest around the forum. I really enjoy looking at everybody's pictures and thought this would be a fun way to put a twist on on the pictures that everybody sets out to take. If this proves to be a successful addition to the forum and everybody enjoys it then we will most definitely keep it going one after the other. Due to my own enjoyment in his passion for pictures and heading up the calendar each year I've asked @Ross to assist with our first topic. So without further ado let's get the photo competition going!

"Your Slingshot at a National Park or Monument"

Rules and guidelines:
    -The photo must be of your own Slingshot (real full-size Slingshots). If the picture submitted is not of your own vehicle, it will not be included in voting. And if need be, the photo will be deleted from the entry thread. It is known that some members may own more than one Slingshot.
    - Use your own picture (not pictures from outside sources).
    - Photo Shopping pictures or extreme editing is not allowed unless specified by the topic chosen.
    - Stay within the competition's parameters (for example, if the rules are "Your Slingshot and Snow," only post a picture that has
    both your Slingshot and snow in it). Photos that do not comply with the topic will not be included in voting.
    - Pictures should show off not only your sling, but also you photography skills. Be creative with your shots.
    - One entry per member. Let us know which your entry is by typing "This is my entry:" above your picture. You can change your
    entry during the time of the competition but once time runs out you cannot change your entry or submit a photo. Once the
    deadline comes, THERE WILL BE NO MORE EDITING!
    - The contest aims to last for the month, depending on the number of entries (competition will run longer if less entries are submitted, and
    vice versa).
    - After time is up, a new thread will be started for voting. The voting thread may be a "blind" poll, which means the results will be
    revealed after the end of the voting time line or once a member has voted. Forum members will vote on a winner. The member that wins the first competition
    will come up with the theme/topic for the next competition.
    - Once a photo wins a contest that photo will be added to the winners circle then "retired" and can not be used again unless for
    a specific contest.
    - Have fun! Keep your comments constructive.

Deadline: September 30th, 2018

Thanks again to @rabtech for the opportunity to add to this wonderful community and @Ross for our inaugural photo competition topic.

• I may be a bonehead for asking but where is this? Great picture!

Yellowstone National Park - the Gardiner MT entrance [the only entrance to Yellowstone that is open all year] .... I'm jealous of this photo too - That is part of the Roosevelt Arch - Constructed under the supervision of the Army at Fort Yellowstone - the cornerstone was laid by President Theodore Roosevelt in 1903. The top of the arch is inscribed with a quote from the Organic Act of 1872, the legislation which created Yellowstone, which reads: "For the Benefit and Enjoyment of the People" [from Wikipedia]

• Yellowstone National Park - the Gardiner MT entrance [the only entrance to Yellowstone that is open all year] .... I'm jealous of this photo too - That is part of the Roosevelt Arch - Constructed under the supervision of the Army at Fort Yellowstone - the cornerstone was laid by President Theodore Roosevelt in 1903. The top of the arch is inscribed with a quote from the Organic Act of 1872, the legislation which created Yellowstone, which reads: "For the Benefit and Enjoyment of the People" [from Wikipedia]

• Yellowstone National Park - the Gardiner MT entrance [the only entrance to Yellowstone that is open all year] .... I'm jealous of this photo too - That is part of the Roosevelt Arch - Constructed under the supervision of the Army at Fort Yellowstone - the cornerstone was laid by President Theodore Roosevelt in 1903. The top of the arch is inscribed with a quote from the Organic Act of 1872, the legislation which created Yellowstone, which reads: "For the Benefit and Enjoyment of the People" [from Wikipedia]

What Ross said. Although I knew where I was I did not know the rest

The hanks for the history lesson. Been thru the Gardiner Arch several times on two wheels. Love Yellowstone, my favorite park.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Yellowstone is so on my list! Thanks for clearing this up. Hopefully within the next year or so you’ll see a gray slingshot underneath that arch and someone with a rather large smile on their face!

Or is that a metallic gray Slingshot? Maybe silver?

Yellowstone National Park - the Gardiner MT entrance [the only entrance to Yellowstone that is open all year] .... I'm jealous of this photo too - That is part of the Roosevelt Arch - Constructed under the supervision of the Army at Fort Yellowstone - the cornerstone was laid by President Theodore Roosevelt in 1903. The top of the arch is inscribed with a quote from the Organic Act of 1872, the legislation which created Yellowstone, which reads: "For the Benefit and Enjoyment of the People" [from Wikipedia]

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Winston County,
    Double Springs, Alabama
    Bankhead National Forest

Smokey Mountain National Park,
    Blue Ridge, North Carolina.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)