Other Money Pits / Hobbies

• Some more of my hobbies/money pits.

This is before I sold both the VN2000 and the Gold Wing.

Loved both of those bikes. Miss ‘em.

My other hobby is wood turning. I make custom writing implements and wooden bowls. Two of my favorite pieces are a pen turned from a piece of Horse Chestnut which was planted by Geo Washington. The other is Teak from the handrail of the Andria Doria.

Both were scary to turn. If you make a mistake there are no replacement blanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Your wood working skills are amazing, great job Sir. :thumbsup:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Really nice work!! :thumbsup:
    I LOVE fountain pens and have a nice collection of them.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I am learning that my hobbies/money pits are not quite the same as everyone else here. I also realize that I am in a completely different income bracket as some after seeing this thread lol.

Does that mean you are like me you owe money at the year end to the Government. :00008172:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

Edited once, last by mytoy ().

• I am learning that my hobbies/money pits are not quite the same as everyone else here. I also realize that I am in a completely different income bracket as some after seeing this thread lol.

I'm there with you. I have tastes that are beyond my financial reaches for things I'd like to have or do. But.... I have some nice things and I'm content and enjoy using all of them. Well, I'd enjoy them more if Winter would finally leave here and stay gone....

I confess, we have caviar tastes on a potato chip budget. But, we can make nickels and dimes go a long way.

John
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

SOG supporter

• Ghost Ryder and I are taking one of our other "money pits" to Valdosta GA this weekend for a little R&R. We'll be there Friday through Sunday if anyone wants to come by and hang out with us. Keep us in your prayers for safe travels and wish us luck in the competition. Here are a few pic's that we took last fall at Valdosta.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Ghost Ryder and I are taking one of our other "money pits" to Valdosta GA this weekend for a little R&R. We'll be there Friday through Sunday if anyone wants to come by and hang out with us. Keep us in your prayers for safe travels and wish us luck in the competition. Here are a few pic's that we took last fall at Valdosta.

I don't care who you are - that's some badass shit right there my brother! I wish I had just one of your balls. Best of luck to you when you put the hammer down!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Sweet. Hang on tight and suit up. It’s gonna be cold this weekend.

John
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

SOG supporter