Hurricane Florence

• Thanks to everyone for the concern and well-wishes. It's funny how much this thing has changed over the last 24 hours, and how much the reports differ. Local weather reports are still showing no wind or rain for the next two days. NHC charts are showing 6-10" of rain, and Weather Channel is showing 3-5". 12 hours ago, the first wind was going to be here in the week hours of Friday morning. This morning, the updated timeline is after dinner Friday. This thing has really slowed down, and dropped some energy.

I am stuck in the area for the weekend due to my responsibilities with the Navy, and the fact that we haven't been given the go-ahead to evacuate. @sideseatdriver and the kids will likely stay as well, based on what the weather is looking like. She rode out Katrina at the pier in Pascagoula, and I have been in 3 or 4 hurricanes or Noreasters, and while neither of us are complacent, we are pretty confident right now. We've got the generator, plenty of food, I'll plus up on gas today, and we have lots of ammo to shoot at the storm with.

@Dave@DDMWorks, I hadn't seen that path for the storm, right through Greenville like that. NHC forecast still has a huge cone of uncertainty. As slow as this thing is moving, if it comes directly overhead, I'm thinking we're going to get more like the 10" of rain vice the 3-5".

• Thanks to everyone for the concern and well-wishes. It's funny how much this thing has changed over the last 24 hours, and how much the reports differ. Local weather reports are still showing no wind or rain for the next two days. NHC charts are showing 6-10" of rain, and Weather Channel is showing 3-5". 12 hours ago, the first wind was going to be here in the week hours of Friday morning. This morning, the updated timeline is after dinner Friday. This thing has really slowed down, and dropped some energy.

I am stuck in the area for the weekend due to my responsibilities with the Navy, and the fact that we haven't been given the go-ahead to evacuate. @sideseatdriver and the kids will likely stay as well, based on what the weather is looking like. She rode out Katrina at the pier in Pascagoula, and I have been in 3 or 4 hurricanes or Noreasters, and while neither of us are complacent, we are pretty confident right now. We've got the generator, plenty of food, I'll plus up on gas today, and we have lots of ammo to shoot at the storm with.

@Dave@DDMWorks, I hadn't seen that path for the storm, right through Greenville like that. NHC forecast still has a huge cone of uncertainty. As slow as this thing is moving, if it comes directly overhead, I'm thinking we're going to get more like the 10" of rain vice the 3-5".

It is from the NOAA website, you can zoom in on the map here -

HURRICANE FLORENCE

Latest update has it shifting north of us now though, closer to Spartanburg actually, I am guessing that path will still keep shifting as the day goes on though.

• Dave you just better board up and sand bag and pack and head for Eureka Springs. Might plan to stay awhile till water recedes. Really I hope it is not that bad but looks like hell is coming.
    And as for @KayTwo and family, y’all might as well come along with and enjoy our company.
    @Ghost you might as well get off pot and come as well, you got nothing better to do anyway.

Hell let’s call it the after hurricane party!!! What say all of you

JUST SAYIN

I hope that I can still make it to Eureka after this

• Looks like I need to head to my cabin tomorrow the storm seems to be tracking in that direction.
    Going to need to button a few things up so they don't end up in the valley

Mitch, go today. Don't wait. There's a flash flood warning throughout the hills, and mudslides are always an issue.

• Mitch, go today. Don't wait. There's a flash flood warning throughout the hills, and mudslides are always an issue.

Jared

Its a crap shoot we are expecting up to 10" of rain here at the lake as well.
    Thanks for the input and advise
    I have been watching my route, if I have to I will get up there after the fact to inspect damage if any. Hell if there is a big slide I can just check the cabin when it gets to eh bottom of the mountain.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• You guys all just be careful - we are used to lots of water here in the flatlands - when those valleys start flooding it is a major killer. I KNOW YOU KNOW THIS BUT WE HAVE IDIOTS DOWN HERE DO IT ALL THE TIME — DO NOT TRY TO DRIVE THROUGH MOVING WATER !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Just a tip for everyone - if you are not evacuating go right now and buy a generator and gas for it. It really will help relieve some of the misery after the storm is over. Won’t be any afterwards with possibly weeks without power - I learned this the hard way. Being able to run a fan and a few lights will be heaven for you.

• Just a tip for everyone - if you are not evacuating go right now and buy a generator and gas for it. It really will help relieve some of the misery after the storm is over. Won’t be any afterwards with possibly weeks without power - I learned this the hard way. Being able to run a fan and a few lights will be heaven for you.

I suspect if they do not already have these things that it is too late now

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

After the last wind storm we had in the mountain in February I installed a house generator. Cost a pant load but I am most certain it will pay for itself next time we are without power up there for more than a few days.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I suspect if they do not already have these things that it is too late now

You could be absolutely correct - I really am a little late with with this tip. @MACAWS - this is coonass luck - my neighbor about a mile away bought a whole house generator after Hurricane Rita. Before he got a chance to use it along comes Hurricane Ike and submerged it - sometimes ya just can’t win :(

• You could be absolutely correct - I really am a little late with with this tip. @MACAWS - this is coonass luck - my neighbor about a mile away bought a whole house generator after Hurricane Rita. Before he got a chance to use it along comes Hurricane Ike and submerged it - sometimes ya just can’t win

Well brother Bill mine is at about 3000 ft above sea level so if it gets flooded we have way bigger problems!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I would like to add a live Webcam view of Hurricane Florence. It is mounted on Frying Pan Tower North Carolina, just south of Wilmington, NC. They occasionally move the camera for different views. Never mind, already posted.