Slingshot Detailing

• The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• @Doc&Ruby - It took me about 7-8 hours. I've been known to spend 2 days detailing a car, so this wasn't too bad. I wanted to get it in a shape that I can just maintain for at least a year with regular washes, some QD, and an occasional wax coating. It's worth it up front. So much easier to clean when you start clean and with protection.

2015 Polaris Slingshot SL - Red Pearl

:REDSS::HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS:

• @Doc&Ruby - It took me about 7-8 hours. I've been known to spend 2 days detailing a car, so this wasn't too bad. I wanted to get it in a shape that I can just maintain for at least a year with regular washes, some QD, and an occasional wax coating. It's worth it up front. So much easier to clean when you start clean and with protection.

Wow my hat off to you, I only wish I had half that dedication. If you ever get the erg and yours is way to clean feel free to drop on by. I can assist and make drinks :D

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• LOL! You know, I searched the forums for a guide to detailing the Slingshot and didn't find one. I was going to offer to write one, but it sounds like nobody would use it! :P

2015 Polaris Slingshot SL - Red Pearl

:REDSS::HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS:

• LOL! You know, I searched the forums for a guide to detailing the Slingshot and didn't find one. I was going to offer to write one, but it sounds like nobody would use it! :P

I would print it and file it with all the other stuff I planed to do one day. I am sure there is people the would find it useful. I would pick and choose the areas I feel the need.
    The idea is great, my body can hardly hold up long enough to get her a good rinse. I am writing down some of the products you used now.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

@milani Sure admire your dedication!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I have seen a wide variety of opinions for this thread. I was once at a bike rally (back in the day, no more two wheels for me) and one guy said something about the other guys bike needing a bath. He replied, "it's not a trailer queen. I bought it to ride." To each their own. I am very happy with the company that details mine. I hope some on here can have the same luck I have if they so desire.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Unless the Sling is exceptionally dirty (ridden in the rain for several miles) I usually just use VooDoo Ride detailer to clean and shine her right up. It is usable on both painted and unpainted surfaces as well as the windscreen and roof.

Takes about half an hour. I like it nice and shines but I bought it to ride it.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

Edited once, last by John Price ().

• A clean ride is an un-riden ride........ :rolleyes:

I beg to differ......I love my toys clean when I pull out for a ride.....This is my first summer with my Bee Bee ( slingshot ) just pulled her out in March & have 7k miles on it and will be at 10k b4 this season is over...…. IM RETIRED lol so I do a lot of riding all over the damn place smh BUT I love when its clean...and I spend no more than an Hour detailing my bikes & a few hours if im using my buffing machines on my cars, but a regular car wash with hose & leaf blower 30 min tops, bike & slingshot 20 min tops X 3 days a week...

• I have found this is worth it’s weight in gold! Makes getting all the little spots and detailing them a piece of cake! When you’re finished roll over to the rollbar reach up grab it and pull yourself up. Pressure washer, leaf blower, then armor all and detail spray in the tray below me! Scoot around the SS like a little kid!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Yes it is, but harbor freight has a round one with five wheels , less tipping, with hydraulic lift on seat. Bout 40$. Also worth weight in gold and adjustable.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down