LED strip removal

• I installed LED strips on the BODY of my SL that I need to remove and replace. Does anyone know how I can do this without damaging the body or the finish. TIA

Ok so who is next. Haters are gonna hate regardless

• Try a little WD 40

Pick a small spot near the end of a strip let the WD 40 have some time to get under the and soften the glue - It helps if it is warm so park in the sun. If it works then you can do more. I never tried it with LED but have removed emblems this way. You will need to give it a real good cleaning before you install new strips.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• As suggested, sunlight, and WD-40 works fantastic for this type of thing (and maybe even use the string method with the WD-40). You could also try using a heat gun or blow-dryer to heat the strips quickly. Just be careful with the heat gun.....hold the heat gun in one spot too long and you could blister the paint! If you're not comfortable using a heat-gun....the blow-dryer might be safer in this instance.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

Edited once, last by roadog1aj ().

• Goo be Gone........Removes stickers glue ,Even stickers that have beed sun baked in for years Without any damage or any trace of glue, And as an extra bonus your ride will smell like oranges...... :thumbsup:

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• As suggested, sunlight, and WD-40 works fantastic for this type of thing (and maybe even use the string method with the WD-40). You could also try using a heat gun or blow-dryer to heat the strips quickly. Just be careful with the heat gun.....hold the heat gun in one spot too and you could blister the paint! If you're not comfortable using a heat-gun....the blow-dryer might be safer in this instance.

As a Residential Painting contractor I do use a 'heat gun' on some things....more often use the gun type HAIR DRYER on things that I want to warm and not burn. As well as WD40 you can also use paint "thinner" to clean and remove the glue. Start in an area that is not 'out front' and practice and little.

• WD40 and low heat works well. If you're installing on the same surface getting all the WD40 off is required. Dawn dish washing liquid and water to clean the area followed by alcohol to remove the WD40.