New Owners Important Slingshot Infomation

• Here is the actual bulletin: T-18-02 Slingshot® Bulletin | Polaris Slingshot

Bill

• Here is the actual bulletin: T-18-02 Slingshot® Bulletin | Polaris Slingshot
    Bill

Thanks Bill, that is helpful to have the actual recall. I want to remind folks that when you enter your vin in the the Product Safety Recall Form, it is checking for all Recall effecting your Slingshot with that Vin Number entered. I have check my a second time and Snazzy is not affected.

• Even though our 2015 is not affected by this recall I still went out and just double checked that clevis pin.............

Bill

I am glad you reminded me, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the diagram of the Brake Peddle and Master cylinder along with the pin. Looks like something we could all check. Thanks for posting that. All members, it would not hurt to do this check on yours also. View article for a clear picture of the pin in question.

• I received a notice of Recall from Polaris about the Seat Belt Guide Installation, Recall 18V531. I went to my Thread section on Recalls and entered my Vin, the results said it was unapplied to my Slingshot. Now, the recall letter tells you to contact the dealer for inspection and repair if needed. I will call my dealer and schedule an appointment. Do not skip the inspections as there may be something they find wrong and be able to correct. You just have a fore warning if you may or may not have the issue on your Slingshot. Don't want folks to think just because you find you are unaffected, you still need to schedule an appointment.
    This recall is important, Failure of the Seat belt retractor mechanism may increase the risk of injury.

See if your Vin number applies. If you did not receive a Recall Notice, call your Dealer and schedule an appointment.

Check on Product Safety Recalls for Slingshot

• New Owners, Helmet Laws are in effect for the Polaris Slingshot. The classification of the Slingshot has been changed in some states to a sub classification under Motorcycle, called Autocycle. The main reason for this was to get away from requiring a Motorcycle Enforcement to legally drive the Slingshot. You should check your states requirements to drive your Slingshot and be within the law. Some states require Helmets and others, like Florida, do not. Most all states will require the Seat belt, you are much more safe in using both the Helmet and Seat belts. The Slingshot is not as stable as a 4 wheel vehicle and is subject to safety issues when driving on roads that are not dry and clear of debris like sand, gravel, dirt leaves and such. When the road conditions are not idea, slow down and be cautious. Hydroplaning is a condition that can be very dangerous and discussions have suspected that the ESP (Stability Control Program) may cause the condition to be more hazardous due to the nature of the braking control that the program administers.
    Now wear your helmet and seat belts at all times and you will have a greater safety. Enjoy your Rides!

Here is some information from the NCSL about Autocycles.

transportation-review-autocycles.aspx#safety

• As you have your Slingshot for a while, you will start to become interested in changing the Headlights to LED. You may want to upgrade to the Canadian LED Headlights which require installing a new Headlight Assemble for model years 2017 and above. When you do this, there will be a requirement to check the Headlight Aiming to see if them are within proper limits. The new assemble will have to have your Adjusting screws moved from the existing headlight assembly to the new assembly. The adjust will not be totally correct until you meet the adjustment requirement in the Owners manual. I am showing the adjustments for Year 2017, if you have another year, check your year for proper adjustments. They should be about the same.

Here are some views of comparison I made with my Upgrade to the Canadian Headlights from Stock.

I did not check alignment of Headlights after the installation, but you see the LEDs fall short of going as far out as the Stock Lights. This means I needed to adjust the alignment of the new LED headlights.

I took a run with the stock headlights, then took a run with the upgraded headlights. I did this at the expact same location for a comparison. I really like the bright white light of the LED,

• New owners, new information is being discussed about the subject of Canadian Headlight Conversion Kits. I will give you the thread link here to visit for some good you to view the directions you can go with this subject. Read up on the subject and then you will be able to make a better choice for what is good for you and your Slingshot.

Full led Canadian Headlight compared to Stock Headlight.

• As you get some driving time down in your new Slingshot, you will be driving in all kinds of possible conditions. One condition that is very bad for the belt drive system of the Slingshot is Dirt! Dirt roads are great for producing a fine dust that will accumulate on the belt and pulleys. When the dirt gets compressed into a glaze, you may experience noise in the way of squeals as you accelerate and let off on the gas. Here is a thread that one of our new owners created for help with his noise. The moral of the Story and ending line is Soap and water and cleaning will solve a lot of noise problems. Keep your belt and pulleys free of dirt build up for peace and quiet. Take a look at the thread for the discussion from start to finish.

Be aware, Belt Alignment, Belt Tension, and the pulleys can be a part of the problem. Cleaning is the First Step in Noise control from the belt drive system.

This will show a good example of how our experienced members will come to the aid of anyone with an issue. Now, folks some of our members have a sense of humor and will sometime play down a question as maybe you should know that. Most all of us realize that a lot of new owners do not have a lot of experience with the techs of vehicles and are truly looking for answers, please don't feel you will be asking a stupid question, some of our members are so skilled they may not be able to reach to the lower levels of knowledge. I Believe there are most of us that can work with knowledge base from flat bottom to the high reaches. You can feel comfortable asking any question of your concern. Welcome and we want to help you enjoy your Slingshot.

Screeching sound