Fuse block install

• You would have to install a relay in there between the battery power and the fuse block. Then use a trigger wire to trip it when the ignition is turned on. Most common relays are approx 30 amps max so that will will be available to split between all your fused circuits in the box. I have used a solenoid in the past to carry more amps but it will all depend on your needed load capacity.

Stephen

• You would have to install a relay in there between the battery power and the fuse block. Then use a trigger wire to trip it when the ignition is turned on. Most common relays are approx 30 amps max so that will will be available to split between all your fused circuits in the box. I have used a solenoid in the past to carry more amps but it will all depend on your needed load capacity.

Stephen

that did make sense but not completely .. can you attach the pic of the trigger wire +

i was planning on getting 8 gauge wire with relay and having a 30 amp fuse installed which will be connecting to positive on the fuse block but then i got confused on how to attach the ignition wire and to be honest i dont even know where it is ??

You cant see me !! or can you ??

• Trigger wire = switch wire. Tells the relay to basically turn on/ make the connection so you have power to your fuse box.
    An easy place to attach this switch wire is on the back side of the 12v outlet that is in the glovebox. Look under the hood on the passenger side for the two wires on the back side. One is ground, other is 12v switched power.
    Search on Slingmods website for an install video of their fuse block. It shows where to connect that switch wire.

Stephen

• Sorry, I was away for a bit. You can definitely wire it to use a switch in line on each fused circuit to control the on and off function. You would connect constant power to the fuse box, and then each circuit out would connect to a switch, then to the accessory you want to control.

It would just be adding an inline relay to make the whole fusebox power on and off with the ignition.

Stephen

• Sorry, I was away for a bit. You can definitely wire it to use a switch in line on each fused circuit to control the on and off function. You would connect constant power to the fuse box, and then each circuit out would connect to a switch, then to the accessory you want to control.

It would just be adding an inline relay to make the whole fusebox power on and off with the ignition.

Stephen

Dude thanks alot this helps .. did any one did an install thread on an aftermarket fuse apart from SLingmod .. i'm comfortable doing the fuse block mod with ignition on 12v constant .. but my fear is if i put 2 amp on the same fuse block will it be able to handle it ??

or should i just directly power the amp on battery with inline 50 amp fuse ??? so confused ..

You cant see me !! or can you ??

• If you are going to use 12v constant power to the fuse block you have, you will need to run a main power supply wire from the battery. The fuse you put in this line will depend on what your max load of all the circuits combined. I am using a 30amp fuse in my power supply line. My power demands are not much as I am just running some LEDs and such.

I am not following the question of, "but my fear is if i put 2 amp on the same fuse block will it be able to handle it ??" Are you talking stereo amlifiers? Any idea on how much amperage each amplifier pulls? That will determine if that block will work for you.

Stephen

• Your amplifier should have constant fused 12v power, a ground, and a switch wire. The switch wire should come from the radio head unit itself, and will tell the amp to turn on when power to the radio is on. You probably shouldn't be connecting stereo amplifiers up to a multi-use fuse block with other accessories drawing power from the same feed wire. You want amplifiers to get all the power they need to run efficiently.
    Here is a link with an amplifier setup.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-4…r_installation_guide.html

This one should answer the other quesstions you might have about powering amplifiers.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-u…r/car/amplifiers_faq.html

Use the fuse block to power other small acessories like lights and 12v outlets, and such.

Stephen