"0" Miles To Empty

• Went to Sonic for an ice cream after the BamaCarry meeting last night. All way fine on the way there but when we left the fuel gauge on the ride command was displaying 0 miles to empty. The gauge at the bottom of the speedometer was still showing 2 bars so I stopped and topped off the tank. Sure nuff it then changed to "1" mile to empty. I'm sure there is a logical reason for this but as of yet I haven't figured out what that reason is! LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Went to Sonic for an ice cream after the BamaCarry meeting last night. All way fine on the way there but when we left the fuel gauge on the ride command was displaying 0 miles to empty. The gauge at the bottom of the speedometer was still showing 2 bars so I stopped and topped off the tank. Sure nuff it then changed to "1" mile to empty. I'm sure there is a logical reason for this but as of yet I haven't figured out what that reason is! LOL

Did you change injectors?
    That screws up the computer calc's

Mine used to think I was getting 50 mpg - when we went to the Haltec it seemed to fix itself now it says 20 mpg

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Not since I first installed everything back last December. It is not the fuel mileage display that is messed up, it is the "DTE" Distance To Empty display.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Not since I first installed everything back last December. It is not the fuel mileage display that is messed up, it is the "DTE" Distance To Empty display.

didn't know I had one of those!

I just use hours of drive time / sort of like a boat, I rarely pass a gas station without stopping to drain the driver and fill the tank

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Not sure you do have one of those. I think it is something that only comes with the "ride command" system on the 18' models. It will display all kinds of information. I usually have it on a split screen with the GPS displaying on the left half and the engine/fuel information display on the right. I never look at the gas gauge at the bottom of the speedometer because I always have the DTE displayed on the screen. I either have to fix the problem or learn to watch the gauge! LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Yes the gas gauge still works that is located at the bottom of the speedometer but I prefer to use the miles to empty display on the ride command. I haven't had an opportunity to check it out yet but I will eventually get around to it.

When I first bought it neither the miles to empty on the ride command or the fuel gauge at the bottom of the speedometer worked. Actually the one in the bottom of the speedometer didn't even show up at all. We took the back of it apart and found that there was a pin in the connection at the gas tank that had pushed back instead of plugging in when assembled at the factory. We put it together correctly and have not had an issue since until now.

If it had a radio antenna worth a crap we could always take it off and stick it down in the tank to see how much fuel we have like we used to do on the old diesel trucks years ago but our antennas aren't even good for that! LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Update!

No it's not fixed but every time I fill up with gas it goes up one mile. It now reads 2 miles to empty. LOL

I did put it on the lift and disconnected the battery for a few minutes but that didn't change anything.

I only need to fill up 240 more times and it'll be right again!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

Edited once, last by Ghost ().

• LOL! That's a tough one. That would bother me like no other.