Motorcycle inspections

• Thank you Oklahoma for no inspections. Thank God even when we did have inspections we did not have emissions checks or nothing I ever owned would have passed. Nothing stock,

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• states without safety inspections are putting your lives in danger. Most of those vehicle are rusted out rolling death traps. Bald tires, worn front end parts, Bad brakes and rotors, leaky exhausts. And usually it means they don’t have insurance. Which we need proof of before the inspection. They won’t inspect it if the check engine light is on, before it’s fixed.

Down here the mexicans and others with the unsafe cars and trucks buy insurance for one month, this gets their rolling death traps inspected and licensed. The 11 other months they go without any insurance. This also allows the insurance company's to make some money off these people instead of none.

• Insurance companies are supposed to report to the DMV if you drop your insurance..then the DMV requires you to submit your license plate.

The key word is ''Supposed''.......I'll bet there aren't too many illegals running down to the DMV returning their plates...

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Insurance companies are supposed to report to the DMV if you drop your insurance..then the DMV requires you to submit your license plate.

Laws are made to make big company's money, nothing less... nothing more. I had a illegal stop at a stop sign once and he had no insurance. I had right of way and he ran out in front of me. The cops showed up and maybe wrote him a ticket but he was allowed to drive away in his car without any insurance. Insurance and inspections are about large company's and states making money and that is all it's about. Did I mention Insurance and inspections are about large company's and states making money and that is all it's about. Did I mention Insurance and inspections are about large company's and states making money and that is all it's about. Did I mention Insurance and inspections are about large company's and states making money and that is all it's about. Hello, is someone listening here?

• Laws are made to make big company's money, nothing less... nothing more. I had a illegal stop at a stop sign once and he had no insurance. I had right of way and he ran out in front of me. The cops showed up and maybe wrote him a ticket but he was allowed to drive away in his car without any insurance. Insurance and inspections are about large company's and states making money and that is all it's about. Did I mention Insurance and inspections are about large company's and states making money and that is all it's about. Did I mention Insurance and inspections are about large company's and states making money and that is all it's about. Did I mention Insurance and inspections are about large company's and states making money and that is all it's about. Hello, is someone listening here?

Did I mention how much it is going to cost you if you are in an accident and the other driver has no insurance? Just remembering.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Did I mention how much it is going to cost you if you are in an accident and the other driver has no insurance? Just remembering.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Been there twice and all they got was a ticket. I got screwed because I did not have full coverage so Insurance company did not go after them.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• On all my vehicles insurance policies i have Non-insured and Under-insured coverage...In this day and age you need it.....Theres a lot of Democrats driving out there... :rolleyes:

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• No inspection in California- just pay through the nose and you are all good. Smog check for cars I think every 5 or so years.

In AR nothing gets inspected. LEOs can pull you over if they suspect you have safety issues like cracked windshield, lights out, smoking up the neighborhood. They write a ticket and you have to have everything fixed before your court date. It’s amazing how many vehicles I see that don’t even have tags.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• On all my vehicles insurance policies i have Non-insured and Under-insured coverage...In this day and age you need it.....Theres a lot of Democrats driving out there... :rolleyes:

That was a dumb thing to say. Illegals and other poorly paid people are the ones who can't afford insurance anymore. I'll be on the list soon as I am retired. My 29 Ford was in a flood and they paid me off but I can tell from what their charging me on my 1993 Chevy 4X4 replacement truck that they want their money back. I won't be able to keep up if insurance keep going up.

• Just thought here, try shopping your policy again. We all forget sometimes that there are a myriad of different companies out there. When my wife got an accident many years ago the company we were with doubled the rate shortly after. I went to another company with no premium increase. Wishing you luck on this! I too get stuck in a rut and stay with one company. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t but it always pays to shop.

My 29 Ford was in a flood and they paid me off but I can tell from what their charging me on my 1993 Chevy 4X4 replacement truck that they want their money back.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Somehow this thread got to be about more than just motorcycle inspections. No biggie but I thought I would chime in about insurance. I have a company that is actually a customer of mine and they gave me full coverage on mine for $505 a year. I do have a $1000 deductible but I just thought I would share if you guys are paying to much. Most wanted $1300 for same coverage. Btw, my SS was $31000. Its Frye Insurance in Bristol Va if anybody wants to give them a shot.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Just thought here, try shopping your policy again. We all forget sometimes that there are a myriad of different companies out there. When my wife got an accident many years ago the company we were with doubled the rate shortly after. I went to another company with no premium increase. Wishing you luck on this! I too get stuck in a rut and stay with one company. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t but it always pays to shop.

My 29 Ford was in a flood and they paid me off but I can tell from what their charging me on my 1993 Chevy 4X4 replacement truck that they want their money back.

I had to drop Geico, when it comes to claims they can be real rat turds. I had to pay off my bike to keep them from giving all the money to other rat turds.

• Inspections in PA. just another way for the state to get in our pockets and steal more money send it to Harrisburg where it disappears but we get the honor of driving on some of the worst roads in the country...….Now our local counties have figured out they can tax every vehicle owner $5.00 and say the money is going to replace bridges...……...BS...………...where is all the fuel tax money...……….among the highest in the nation...……..Seems there is a great money black hole where it all goes to vanish

:SILVERSS::POKESS::00000022::evil::00000021:
    Wears earplugs keeps out all those pesky noises

• I’m going to a brand new bike shop for my inspection on Wednesday. While I wait...

It’s going to be the same format as a car inspection. Take it for a test drive, (I’m sure the mechanic will want to check it out) Check the gas cap, check the seat adjusters and they lock in place, check the seat belts, the horn, the lights all need to work, brake lights, high beams, turn signals, all factory installed equipment needs to function as it should, check the brakes shoes and rotors for wear, check the tires, no ball joint/tie rod play, no wheel bearing play, no cracked or broken glass, check the shock bounce, no leaky shocks, no rusted leaky exhaust, no holes in the body, no play in the steering, no check engine light.