Motorcycle inspections

• My dealer wants everything dropped off. So that could mean 1-2-3 days waiting for it to get done. Don’t these people know it’s a hastle to drop off any vehicle let alone a motorcycle? Stop at a garage that advertised they also inspect motorcycles. He wants it dropped off because he has a guy come in to do it two days a week. So again this to going to sit.

I’m like everyone else who has invested in a Ton of after market stuff that I don’t want to remove. Or have somebody else remove it because they want it.

I think I found a guy that said I can wait for it,

If I make an appointment I expect to within a reasonable amount of time be taken care of. Not dropping it off and waiting for a phone call. Who knows when.

• what kind of inspection are you having done? - - is this some state required thing you must do? and if so how often?

Here in California at this time there are no required inspections of any kind for motorcycles - one of the reasons why I wont do any motor mods is because I feel it is only a mater of time before we have to have smog inspections and at least with cars motor mods must have approval from the state or you cant use them

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• In TX I drive in, they walk around it, check for leaks and verify lights work. Out the door in 10mins and $7 later.

No scheduling, no drop off.

Hope you find something that works for you in your state.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Any dealer who refuses to do a vehicle inspection while you wait, doesn't deserve anyone's business. I can understand needing to leave a vehicle in situations where warranty work is needed and manufacturer approval is required or if parts must be unexpectedly ordered. Just about all other service should be offered on a while-you-wait basis if the shop load can handle it.

• Any dealer who refuses to do a vehicle inspection while you wait, doesn't deserve anyone's business. I can understand needing to leave a vehicle in situations where warranty work is needed and manufacturer approval is required or if parts must be unexpectedly ordered. Just about all other service should be offered on a while-you-wait basis if the shop load can handle it.

It seems as if many dealers assume that these vehicles are usually toys and that owners do not rely on them as their daily transportation I have found that when I tell them it is my daily driver they seem much more inclined to get it in and out and back to me as quickly as possible.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• The dealer I bought from is about 110 miles away from me. I have several local dealers, but I haven't developed any relationship w/any of them. So far, my dealer has done a great job of getting things done while I wait.

You probably did right by going 110 miles away to do your business. I had heard great things about Mancuso North store but when I called them to do a warranty transfer (three times I called them) they wouldn't even return my calls. Houston is a lousy place to do business anyway, to many scammers. Glad I bought my 17 from the Dallas area.

• i live in pa also had several bikes and now slingshot,took them all to my local mechanic that does motorcycle inspections and never did emissions test on them.he said he would work on my slingshot when warrenty runs out i just have to buy repair manual.

Absolutely agree 100%

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• In Jersey the state did away with inspections on Motorcycles back in 2011...
    And when they did have it was a joke...Left signal right single brake light, Blow horn...
    And the biggie check helmet to see if it has enough reflective tape on it..

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• In Jersey the state did away with inspections on Motorcycles back in 2011...
    And when they did have it was a joke...Left signal right single brake light, Blow horn...
    And the biggie check helmet to see if it has enough reflective tape on it..

You forgot a step .....

........ wink-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• In AR nothing gets inspected. LEOs can pull you over if they suspect you have safety issues like cracked windshield, lights out, smoking up the neighborhood. They write a ticket and you have to have everything fixed before your court date. It’s amazing how many vehicles I see that don’t even have tags.

• i live in pa also had several bikes and now slingshot,took them all to my local mechanic that does motorcycle inspections and never did emissions test on them.he said he would work on my slingshot when warrenty runs out i just have to buy repair manual.

Only certain counties have emission tests. I also pay an extra percent sales tax.

So basically your mechanic is going to learn on your SS. I can do that with the manual too.

• states without safety inspections are putting your lives in danger. Most of those vehicle are rusted out rolling death traps. Bald tires, worn front end parts, Bad brakes and rotors, leaky exhausts. And usually it means they don’t have insurance. Which we need proof of before the inspection. They won’t inspect it if the check engine light is on, before it’s fixed.

• You can’t tell me that people don’t just get insurance for a few days maybe a week, get inspected and drop insurance. Indiana doesn’t have inspections and it’s not like the road is filled with “rolling death traps”

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Just a small town farmboy, handy with my hands and originally trained as a automotive technician. Lives in Swayzee Indiana.