Raising the SS

• How to compete is to install a 10,000 due to driving 3/4 ton diesels. After having a hoist I don't know what I would do without it. Just to clean it even is so much easier to lift it and get at the bottom areas without bending and getting down.

Hang on.... gunna go downstairs and run this by the wife (not!)

But it would be so easy to clean now dear...

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Hummmm on second thought at about two grand for one and the slingshot is about 1750 pounds that's about 1.14 a pound. You can't get a good steak or chicken at that price ... maybe this IS doable.... ( just goes to show ya anything can be rationalized ) Still not going downstairs ....

• Hummmm on second thought at about two grand for one and the slingshot is about 1750 pounds that's about 1.14 a pound. You can't get a good steak or chicken at that price ... maybe this IS doable.... ( just goes to show ya anything can be rationalized ) Still not going downstairs ....

I might be able to talk the wife into something like this, but the only suitable place I have where it could be installed would be in the front of the house where our driveway extends to the property line for extra parking.

For some reason I suspect my neighbors might not want to look at a lift all of the time, just a tad to industrial for most I suspect :/

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I might be able to talk the wife into something like this, but the only suitable place I have where it could be installed would be in the front of the house where our driveway extends to the property line for extra parking.

For some reason I suspect my neighbors might not want to look at a lift all of the time, just a tad to industrial for most I suspect :/

No No that's not the way to look at it! You can put the sling on the lift and the new car you buy her can fit UNDER the lift for MORE parking space. See See ya gotta go innovative! And if you put a wall around it it will look like a "tiny house" and everyone will think you are more environmental! Win Win!

• No No that's not the way to look at it! You can put the sling on the lift and the new car you buy her can fit UNDER the lift for MORE parking space. See See ya gotta go innovative! And if you put a wall around it it will look like a "tiny house" and everyone will think you are more environmental! Win Win!

More parking space is not something we need. We park her car and the sling in the garage and some years back we doubled the width of our drive way and you could easily park an additional 8 cars in it. - as to the "tiny house" - - nah if I were going to go that direction it would be a "big workshop"

unfortunately that isnt likely either

• Sometimes I forget how spoiled and lucky I am to have this at my disposal. "If you can't find the right tools in this garage, you don't belong near a car." grin-squared

okay okay - now thats just showing off :P

• I might be able to talk the wife into something like this, but the only suitable place I have where it could be installed would be in the front of the house where our driveway extends to the property line for extra parking.

Well you could paint it to look like a palm tree with limbs coming out from top. No one will ever know. What you think?

Keep Three Wheels Down

Mine was $1600 delivered. It's been well worth it and I can't imagine how I got by this long without it!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Check out the local classifieds for lifts. I found mine from the local Ford dealership when they were moving. When I went to see the lift a buddy that worked there told me to get the one from the far back corner as it was never used as it was a bitch to get to as no door was in front of it. I got mine for $1000 Canadian which would be around $600 American so not expensive at all.

• Got my shop lift installed today! What we do for our slings!

If you purchase one buy a Symmetrical version with two long arms instead of the Asymmetrical type, which has one short and one long arm. I find the short arm barely reaches under the sling to the proper lift points. I ended up ordering a pair of long arms.

• W0GEN nice setup! I love the in floor lift table. Buddy put one of those in for quads and mowers and when not in use it's gone even with the floor. Now you can work on your sling without bending over. You will be surprised how often you will just put it up just to wipe it down. I put marks on the floor when I found the sweet spot to put it in order to be able to swing the arms in and go.

• W0GEN nice setup! I love the in floor lift table. Buddy put one of those in for quads and mowers and when not in use it's gone even with the floor. Now you can work on your sling without bending over. You will be surprised how often you will just put it up just to wipe it down. I put marks on the floor when I found the sweet spot to put it in order to be able to swing the arms in and go.

Yes, I am planning to paint the floor to mark exactly where I want to be... Like I said I did order two long arms for $220 each that will give me much more flexibility with this lift.

• Can anyone tell me if this lift will work for a Slingshot? My friend and I want to go in on this together. The vendor isn't sure if the arms are long enough (they know nothing about Slingshots).

It's the Revolution RTP9. My garage is 11' high so I'm limited in lift models. This one seems to fit the bill.

RTP9 Lift Brochure

• That looks like a nice lift and it has the symmetrical arms W0GEN mentioned. I don't have personal experience with lifts but am getting interested. At about $3,500 it is more expensive than any of the 2 post lifts at bestbuyautoequipment.com. There seems to be a lot of choices and I don't think the cheapest is where you want to go. Does anyone out there have some useful feedback?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)